Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
OGG-DFW

OGG-DFW the Salmon dish was like eating sawdust. Super dry. Not good. The wife enjoyed her Short Rib dish with the mashed potatoes. Served all together instead of the App/Salad and then the entree.

App was pickled cauliflower, wasnt bad but it wasnt shrimp, crab or lobster tail either.

Ice cream Sunday is back but prepared in the galley, not made to order on the cart in front of you as it was prior to the pandemic.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
CLT-DEN Breakfast in First

Hey folks!

I have a flight on Sunday, April 24 and I will be getting breakfast served in first. I have the option to preorder my meal. Flight CLT-DEN

Options are:
1. Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Ham, cheddar cheese, pesto mayonnaise and arugula served on brioche bread
2. FRESH FRUIT BOWL (vegetarian)FRESH FRUIT BOWL (vegetarian)
Selection of seasonal fruit served with yogurt and salted caramel granola

Has anyone had either of these and have pictures of what they look like? Any recommendations on which to choose?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Welcome to Flyertalk. I view these two options as very different and a personal choice. Ham&Cheese Sandwich vs. Fruit Bowl. Seems like the choice would be easy for most people. No disrespect. Enjoy the flight!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by sep5097
Hey folks!

I have a flight on Sunday, April 24 and I will be getting breakfast served in first. I have the option to preorder my meal. Flight CLT-DEN

Options are:

Has anyone had either of these and have pictures of what they look like? Any recommendations on which to choose?
Had this Monday on my return STT to CLT for lunch. (1:25 pm flight). We were told it was because there was an equipment change. I had the fruit and yogurt. My husband had the sandwich. Its basically the cold options from during Covid. He also had some fruit on his plate. The granola was gluten free and the yogurt was Chobani strawberry. No photos. Underwhelmed. Our favorite FA Joanie said catering had been rough lately and she had written a letter to corporate about it.

Edit- we were upgraded. It wasnt paid J for us. Had it been I think I would have been a tad more irked at the offering for lunch.

Last edited by onanisland; Apr 20, 2022 at 5:46 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Hey folks!

Options are:

Here is a photo of the fruit from MIA-PHL yesterday.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I was worried the sandwich was going to be cold. If that’s the case, I am better off with the fruit plate. Something about a cold sandwich or a cold meal in general that shouldn’t be cold has been weird. It’s made many of their meals kind of… not good?

I was really hoping for something decently legit!
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
Nuts, choice of Chef Salad or Shrimp Salad. Both fine for lunch. Definitely a step up from a box with a wrapped sandwich of dubious quality. PDB and good service during the flight.

Exactly the choices on DFW-EWR today for "Dinner". I got the shrimp salad. The round peppers on top of the shrimp were very spicy. The dessert was very bland. Normally I clean my plate but I left most of that. No PDBs. Warm nuts, with extra helpings if requested (which I did since the meal wasn't very substantial). Credit card pitch right smack in the middle of the 3.5 hour flight. Two guys carried on a very loud conversation in row 1 starting during boarding and did not pause for even 30 seconds until arrival.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I was worried the sandwich was going to be cold. If thats the case, I am better off with the fruit plate. Something about a cold sandwich or a cold meal in general that shouldnt be cold has been weird. Its made many of their meals kind of not good?

I was really hoping for something decently legit!
Yes the sandwich will be cold.
onanisland and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone flown a 2200+ mile, non-premium-transcon flight this week (e.g., LAX-DCA) and can report back on the supposed multi-course service that was introduced on 4/18?
keyw likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NovaEngr
Nuts, choice of Chef Salad or Shrimp Salad.

I had this a couple of days ago on my lunch DFW-JFK flight. Shrimp salad was better than nothing if you are hungry. But whatever that is in lower left corner of the tray was gross and inedible.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
JFK-LAX Flagship First Wine List... simply dreadful but not surprising when AA beancounters set a $10 per bottle non-champagne limit... IN TRANSCON FLAGSHIP FIRST. Mind-boggling considering the free flowing LPGS No. 24 in FFD. Then again, none of the other 9 F pax were in FD and probably had never even heard of it.

I sampled the Bessarat out of curiosity since it was the only offering Vivino rated above 3.7. Maybe it was the 4 glasses of LPGS in FD, but this was a one sip and out.

Vivino ratings and prices for the sad group of cheap wines currently served in Transcon First.

Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dkc192
Has anyone flown a 2200+ mile, non-premium-transcon flight this week (e.g., LAX-DCA) and can report back on the supposed multi-course service that was introduced on 4/18?
Warm nuts, choice of chicken or pasta (both served hot), choice of warm breads, and choice of Haagen-Dazs ice cream or fruit and cheese plate.
AA doesn't always load all items but the food above is what non-premium transcon flights are supposed to get.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by SFO777
JFK-LAX Flagship First Wine List... simply dreadful but not surprising when AA beancounters set a $10 per bottle non-champagne limit... IN TRANSCON FLAGSHIP FIRST.
Wow. Looks like the same wines that they were serving in J just last week.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34164772-post617.html

They were actually serving a $5 Chardonnay on my F flight a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by econ
Wow. Looks like the same wines that they were serving in J just last week.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34164772-post617.html

They were actually serving a $5 Chardonnay on my F flight a few weeks ago.
Yes, I think it came in at $4.99 when I checked Vivino
SFO777 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
Warm nuts, choice of chicken or pasta (both served hot), choice of warm breads, and choice of Haagen-Dazs ice cream or fruit and cheese plate.
AA doesn't always load all items but the food above is what non-premium transcon flights are supposed to get.
This doesn't sound like anything new was introduced; I flew PHL-SFO in March and this service was exactly the same (plus shrimp appetizer which is quite tasty).Not sure what is supposed to be new as of 4/18.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.