Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Our family booked a LAX-OGG a while back for early July sitting in MCE, but I don't have a clue about meals; don't see pre-selection on the webpage. Flight to OGG is 9AM, flight back home is 11PM, both on A321NEO with total travel time over 5 hours on each. Any idea what to expect? Assuming snacks on the redeye home but a hot meal on the way to Hawaii?

Edit: looks like pre-select is J and F only? And you only see selection at earliest 30 days? Guess it's just a crapshoot on what to get?

Last edited by Raralith; Apr 18, 2022 at 8:52 pm
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
So my comment about caccio pepe not working at altitude wasn't about pasta not working at altitude, but rather cream/oil based causes not working well. Generally, reheated cream/oil based sauces don't work well reheated in my opinion, vs. tomato based sauces, which reheat great.
Totally agree... The "smoky tomato sauce" was added to stabilize the dish for the freezing/thawing/holding/reheating process. The other alternatives don't yield as good results, and most would leave passengers complaining the dish is overly "greasy". While it certainly disqualifies it as a pure cacio e pepe, the secondary and tertiary benefits are that it adds a little color to the plate which would look even more underwhelming than most of AA's entrees, and adds a little flavor to something that would probably be too subtle tasting at altitude.
chrisny2 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
BOS-LAX 620AM Departure

Flew this the weekend before last, a very comfortable ride on the A321T. I was able to clear all three of my family into Business using BXP1s around 4 months in advance, space was wide open - best use I've ever had for BXP1s.

Coffee was served with tiny little mini-Biscotti that were tasty, followed by the fruit course, then I selected the American breakfast for my main dish. There was a pass of the bread basket as well. A fruit and cheese plate was served a couple of hours later (I didn't eat it - way too much food for me - so can't comment) and the snack basket was also available. A great crew with great service doing BOS-LAX, day room in LAX, then working the redeye right back home.

Fruit Course

American Breakfast
ValleyEarl and madmanshoney like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Raralith
Our family booked a LAX-OGG a while back for early July sitting in MCE, but I don't have a clue about meals; don't see pre-selection on the webpage. Flight to OGG is 9AM, flight back home is 11PM, both on A321NEO with total travel time over 5 hours on each. Any idea what to expect? Assuming snacks on the redeye home but a hot meal on the way to Hawaii?

Edit: looks like pre-select is J and F only? And you only see selection at earliest 30 days? Guess it's just a crapshoot on what to get?
No meal service in coach/MCE on LAX-OGG. It will be whatever's available for buy on board, if anything. If you want a meal on that flight, you'll need to bring your own.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:26 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by dchen2
Catering even left out lemon/lime wedges so no garnishes for the drinks.
Wait, what? Lemon/lime wedges are still a thing at AA? On my last UA flight I asked for one for my sparkling water, and the F/A laughed a little and said they hadn't had those for quite a while.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wpcoe
Wait, what? Lemon/lime wedges are still a thing at AA? On my last UA flight I asked for one for my sparkling water, and the F/A laughed a little and said they hadn't had those for quite a while.
Nope. They've been back for a while. I've had them 90% of the time I ordered a Gin & Tonic.
chrisny2 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:01 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb

Omg yes! The turkey sandwich is finally gone!!!!!!

PHX-PDX charcuterie tray today!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
I'm impressed
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by 355F1
Omg yes! The turkey sandwich is finally gone!!!!!!
Oh no it's not! Flying DFW-SMF (3.5 hours) during DINNER time and they are serving a "Breakfast Turkey Sandwich".
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:18 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by bcj1949
I'm impressed
It was actually delicious. The whole tray.

the exact opposite of that turkey crap I’ve had to decline so often the last couple years!!!!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Oh no it's not! Flying DFW-SMF (3.5 hours) during DINNER time and they are serving a "Breakfast Turkey Sandwich".
I asked upthread if anyone has a picture of this “Breakfast Turkey Sandwich” as I am traveling next week and unfortunately that is one of the dinner choices.
I would like to see what it looks like if possible. If no one posts a pic by then, I’ll definitely do it.
JIMCHI and keyw like this.

Last edited by ceebee100; Apr 20, 2022 at 5:18 am
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA

Free snack + drink back for EXP in coach! Got a massive bag of almonds (8 servings from nutrition label) which, frankly, I enjoyed at least as much as my "first class" salad a few days ago.
BERGBRLY, ceebee100 and 355F1 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I just booked a family member on an upcoming MIA-DFW late afternoon flight, and in reviewing the preorder selections, I was indeed surprised to see the breakfast turkey sandwich as one of the options at that hour!

Originally Posted by ceebee100
I asked unthread if anyone has a picture of this “Breakfast Turkey Sandwich” as I am traveling next week and unfortunately that is one of the dinner choices.
I would like to see what it looks like if possible. If no one posts a pic by then, I’ll definitely do it.
Agree... I don't think I've seen a photo of it yet, and I definitely haven't had it on one of my own flights so far, so would be interesting to see.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
Flew 1195 CLT to STT Wednesday the 13th. Full PDB which was good because we had a mechanical delay.

Warm food, yay! I had the chicken dish with “stuffed potato”. My husband chose vegetarian “lasagna.”

Neither were as described. Both tasty. They didn’t cater rolls or dessert.

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by onanisland
Flew 1195 CLT to STT Wednesday the 13th. Full PDB which was good because we had a mechanical delay.

Warm food, yay! I had the chicken dish with “stuffed potato”. My husband chose vegetarian “lasagna.”

Neither were as described. Both tasty. They didn’t cater rolls or dessert.

I have the same choices on my flight MIA-POS coming up. That certainly doesn't look like any lasagna I know!
Glad I chose the chicken now!
onanisland likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.