Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by marnold3
I usually like when FAs serve doubles but what's with the double salt and pepper?
dpb132, ryanbriar, cmd320 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by _kurt
I usually like when FAs serve doubles but what's with the double salt and pepper?
They're making up for the paper packets on other flights.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Originally Posted by 757FO
It is unfortunate the service levels are what they are, but how about a little perspective? There are billions who would welcome that dreaded, cold sandwich with joy, as it is the only meal they may have that day, or for several. You on the other hand, can eat almost anything you may want at the airport before the flight, and during the layover.

A thought-provoking post, for sure. We all regularly buy fares here that far exceed the median income for a good portion of the world.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by uxb

Not terrible. I don’t know why they insist on putting lime in the fruit medley though.

Wish they'd offer this without the sausage if you pre-ordered it. I'd love to have the omlette over oatmeal. lol It's torture smelling them.
uxb likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I love how CLT-LAX is conveniently 2,125 miles. I wonder if they make an exception for that and will provide the more substantial meal service with printed menus listed above or if it gets a one-tray service.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I love how CLT-LAX is conveniently 2,125 miles. I wonder if they make an exception for that and will provide the more substantial meal service with printed menus listed above or if it gets a one-tray service.
I’d vote no exception, but at the same time, maybe they would do that to steer some Southeast connecting premium traffic from Delta / ATL.
keyw likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:42 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I’d vote no exception, but at the same time, maybe they would do that to steer some Southeast connecting premium traffic from Delta / ATL.
Highly doubt an exception would be made. Pre-pandemic, only flights longer than 2200 miles (IIRC) got the choice of made-to-order sundae or cheese plate for dessert, and CLT-LAX wasn't an exception to that policy.

Likewise, CLT-LAX flights departing after 8pm or so wouldn't get dinner service, but CLT-SMF/SFO/PDX/SEA would.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I returned from my short trip to Boston yesterday on flight 1423 that operated pretty much on schedule. Boarding started at 1505 and I quickly deposited myself in seat 1A. At the seat were the usual goodies including two types of bedding, noise canceling headphones, bottled water, a flagship first menu, and an amenity kit by Shinola. The purser came by offering to hang coats and then came by with a tray of PDB's. This time I opted for some carbonated water. Dinner service commenced not long after takeoff and was done with the same flair I noticed on my flight to Boston on Friday. I usually pass on the soup course but decided to try the classic beer cheese soup. It was served piping hot and was very good, so good I had to restrain myself from licking the bowl. I had preselected the stuffed chicken for my entree, and it was delicious. It was moist, seasoned just right, and the stuffing was really tasty. If you see this item on the menu, I highly recommend it. After finishing the entree, I was so full I was in a kind of food coma, so I passed on dessert. However, I was intrigued by the gooey butter cake. Maybe next time I'll give it a try. I say this facetiously, but I think AA listens to you guys cause this time there was only a single set of salt and pepper shakers on my table.

After dinner I did my usual reading and nodded off for a few minutes. When I came to, I noticed the inflight map showed our flight path going just north of Chicago. I had hoped to get a shot of the Chicago conurbation but, unfortunately, the cloud cover was too dense to get a decent shot. BTW, in looking at the map, shouldn't it be the Chicago Brewers of Milwaukee? After all it is the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Just kidding!

This was another great flight with an attentive and friendly cabin crew.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I returned from my short trip to Boston yesterday on flight 1423 that operated pretty much on schedule. Boarding started at 1505 and I quickly deposited myself in seat 1A. At the seat were the usual goodies including two types of bedding, noise canceling headphones, bottled water, a flagship first menu, and an amenity kit by Shinola. The purser came by offering to hang coats and then came by with a tray of PDB's. This time I opted for some carbonated water. Dinner service commenced not long after takeoff and was done with the same flair I noticed on my flight to Boston on Friday. I usually pass on the soup course but decided to try the classic beer cheese soup. It was served piping hot and was very good, so good I had to restrain myself from licking the bowl. I had preselected the stuffed chicken for my entree, and it was delicious. It was moist, seasoned just right, and the stuffing was really tasty. If you see this item on the menu, I highly recommend it. After finishing the entree, I was so full I was in a kind of food coma, so I passed on dessert. However, I was intrigued by the gooey butter cake. Maybe next time I'll give it a try. I say this facetiously, but I think AA listens to you guys cause this time there was only a single set of salt and pepper shakers on my table.

After dinner I did my usual reading and nodded off for a few minutes. When I came to, I noticed the inflight map showed our flight path going just north of Chicago. I had hoped to get a shot of the Chicago conurbation but, unfortunately, the cloud cover was too dense to get a decent shot. BTW, in looking at the map, shouldn't it be the Chicago Brewers of Milwaukee? After all it is the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Just kidding!

Damn I hope they run with that soup this weekend JFK-LAX. Typically JFK/BOS are the same menu at the same time. Soup looks awsome. Impressive app & salads too. They could present that chicken so much nijcer if served airline cut with wingbone up and you can have the visual of the actual stuffing. Still looks solid. I went Asian Veg on the pre order but was going to immediately upon boarding ask the FA to possibly hold the Fish (new fish, to me at least, with a white bean puree). My concern is if the Asian Veg is a bowl of rice & fruit how it was in Dec at LAX. I hear though its back to actual meals and hopefully something Indian. JFK catering for Asian Veg typically was better too.

I need to try that butter cake this weekend. I wanted to last time but I had got reprimanded by the FA for asking for both cheese & sundae so I didnt want to push it I think this time if I am fine skipping the sundae I just will order the butter cake then ask for the cheese after as it seems more ppl dont do cheese. Getting all 3 could be tricky. Sundae first then cheese and then hope a left over butter cake. The cheese plates are typically out as a snack i mean i dont think its fair they count that against you as getting a dessert and then tell you no sundaes since you chose cheese. Wont be ordering cheese first ever again.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K

Your experience was essentially what I received on yesterday’s LAX-BOS afternoon flight. Fully catered with the two blankets, F amenity kit vs. the small one, espresso and glassware, and phenomenal service. I’ve been fortunate to have top-notch crews on almost all of my recent Tcon and non flagship flights.

We went out 7 /10 (was 3 / 10 beginning of day so a few folks may have been rolled up as economy was sold out, business looked full and the lists were empty)

The only thing missing was a surprise birthday cake

Now if only they’d open FFD in LAX.

Decided to kick things off with a glass of Lanson (the real stuff was opened on the ground for a change)

Drink menu…

…with this leading the way

Post departure snacks.

Soup - not over salted and was hot.

Artichoke ravioli - quite good and not burnt

Sundae. Had to let it sit for about 15 minutes so the ice cream could de-ice

A nice pick me up.

Tried the port for the first time ever - not bad.

And three cookies to end the flight. (I did not put that entire red back.)
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
YMMV, but I can confirm that pre-ordering appeared as expected this morning for my domestic mid-con F itineraries for the next 30 days. The option appears for both hot (1500+ miles) and cold (900-1499 miles) entree sets. Small but solid win, at least to me!
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
YMMV, but I can confirm that pre-ordering appeared as expected this morning for my domestic mid-con F itineraries for the next 30 days. The option appears for both hot (1500+ miles) and cold (900-1499 miles) entree sets. Small but solid win, at least to me!
My LAX-DFW pre order for Friday is now a thing. I can pre order.. Thats kind of cool to have it back. Just a meat plate or a pretzel coissant w/ hummus & spinach. Went with the latter as I dont eat meat and it actually sounds good.

Are special meals not back yet on anything except the Transcon (minus Miami)? Or does this route just not qualify for Pre order as its under 1500? I thought i just read special meals can be ordered now on any route offering a meal but that may have been a United thing not AA.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Your experience was essentially what I received on yesterday’s LAX-BOS afternoon flight. Fully catered with the two blankets, F amenity kit vs. the small one, espresso and glassware, and phenomenal service. I’ve been fortunate to have top-notch crews on almost all of my recent Tcon and non flagship flights.

We went out 7 /10 (was 3 / 10 beginning of day so a few folks may have been rolled up as economy was sold out, business looked full and the lists were empty)

The only thing missing was a surprise birthday cake

Now if only they’d open FFD in LAX.
No issue getting the cheese plate as well as sundae since its technically choose 1? I think I goofed on my last flight by doing cheese then coming in for the sundae. Def learned my lesson. Sundae first then ask for cheese. Just trying to figure how I can also get the butter cake or toffee cake desserts if my Monday flight from JFK has one of them.

Last edited by Microwave; Apr 13, 2022 at 10:22 am Reason: Removed quote of massive images
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
My LAX-DFW pre order for Friday is now a thing. I can pre order.. Thats kind of cool to have it back. Just a meat plate or a pretzel coissant w/ hummus & spinach. Went with the latter as I dont eat meat and it actually sounds good.

Are special meals not back yet on anything except the Transcon (minus Miami)? Or does this route just not qualify for Pre order as its under 1500? I thought i just read special meals can be ordered now on any route offering a meal but that may have been a United thing not AA.
Special meals reportedly return for regular domestic F in May…. They were mentioned, they just had a little different timeline. That will be the next win, after the 4/18 changes.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Special meals reportedly return for regular domestic F in May…. They were mentioned, they just had a little different timeline. That will be the next win, after the 4/18 changes.
Ahh thats right, I remember that now. Thanks
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.