Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by roadtriper
That's actually not a bad looking little lunch, but... it's crying out for some Bread or Crackers! and of course a glass of Wine. RT
and it needs at least 3 more side salads....sorry couldn't resist!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I continue to be confused about catering. Per my post above, MEX-DFW (900 miles) lunch yesterday was full three course hot meal. The return dinner flight today was cheese plate or salad. I can only think the flight yesterday was a MEX catering mistake.

That said, the salad was great. The chicken was fresh and nicely spiced. Hot nuts served prior with drink. Hummus was a little runny.

Oddly FA served it covered in cellophane. I guess she thinks people like that. She also made 100 mask announcements, so I guess she was one of those. Otherwise good service.

chrisny2 and ceebee100 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
DCA-BOS

Delayed two hours.

No PDB, drink service was pretty quick after takeoff (plastic cups, which was fine), and refills upon request. No snack basket, but everyone was offered nuts and pretzels.

Totally fine for a short Friday night flight. That said, AA needs to cater more then 4-6 minis per liquor.
jcatman likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Question 2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Mar 20 2022 flew 1st class LAX-PHL10:35pm-6:37am (redeye). FA offered 1 PDB - pre-poured plastic cups of water or orange juice. In-flight FA offered a beverage (including alcohol). Only food provided, though, was small package of "brownie bites" (which had been already placed on everyone's seat pre-boarding) and mid-flight FA came around with a snack basket with very limited selection (more brownie bites & 1 other option - mini rice cakes I think). I didn't expect a hot meal on a redeye, but AA listed meal for the flight as "Refreshment" and in past when I have taken this same flight in first class meal was "Refreshment" but we were offered either cheese and cracker and fruit tray, or a sandwich. Wondering - should we have been served something other than 2 small packages of snacks on a transcontinental flight, in first class, even on redeye? Thank you.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mjm4578
Mar 20 2022 flew 1st class LAX-PHL10:35pm-6:37am (redeye). FA offered 1 PDB - pre-poured plastic cups of water or orange juice. In-flight FA offered a beverage (including alcohol). Only food provided, though, was small package of "brownie bites" (which had been already placed on everyone's seat pre-boarding) and mid-flight FA came around with a snack basket with very limited selection (more brownie bites & 1 other option - mini rice cakes I think). I didn't expect a hot meal on a redeye, but AA listed meal for the flight as "Refreshment" and in past when I have taken this same flight in first class meal was "Refreshment" but we were offered either cheese and cracker and fruit tray, or a sandwich. Wondering - should we have been served something other than 2 small packages of snacks on a transcontinental flight, in first class, even on redeye? Thank you.
When it says refreshment, that means snack basket only. Still pretty lame for a LAX-PHL red-eye. I would still like to think a cheese plate or something would be on offer, but nope.
BWISkyGuy and mjm4578 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
AA2: LAX-JFK: 8am
Breakfast
A321T
Business Class
Jan 2022

I pre-ordered the Swiss cheese and roasted tomato omelette and it was ok.
I pre-ordered a dairy free meal for my husband, CP.
Turned out the non-dairy meal was served as a vegan meal. The main course was beans served with cherry tomato, spinach, and potatos.
It looks bland but CP said it tasted not bad.
We both loved the fruit plate which comes with the breakfast.

We were glad that they served a snack prior to arrival. It was a nice touch!!
You can see the following information in this video
Menu: 5'45"
Fruit Plate: 6'13"
Dairy free meal main course: 6'17"
Omelette: 6'33"

Old Apr 2, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
I'm looking at flights to and from MSY via PHL in January 2023, either E-175 or CRJ-900. In F the schedules show breakfast for the 175 and dinner for the CR9. What could I expect? Do those planes have ovens?
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mjm4578
I've taken that exact flight (LAX-PHL, redeye, domestic F) ~10 times in the last year and what you've described is basically what I get every time; plenty of alcohol though. It's a redeye, they just don't do anything with plates so you don't need to deal with cutlery, passing back plates, etc... Awful sleep though, the A321NEO has such poor recline.
mjm4578 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
AA2: LAX-JFK: 8am
Breakfast
A321T
Business Class
Jan 2022

I pre-ordered the Swiss cheese and roasted tomato omelette and it was ok.
I pre-ordered a dairy free meal for my husband, CP.
Turned out the non-dairy meal was served as a vegan meal. The main course was beans served with cherry tomato, spinach, and potatos.
It looks bland but CP said it tasted not bad.
We both loved the fruit plate which comes with the breakfast.

We were glad that they served a snack prior to arrival. It was a nice touch!!
You can see the following information in this video
Menu: 5'45"
Fruit Plate: 6'13"
Dairy free meal main course: 6'17"
Omelette: 6'33"

https://youtu.be/Lv-uVzlwOog
Isn't LAX-JFK on J Flagship First? Why would you go to the Admirals Club instead of the Flagship First Lounge in T4? FFL is significantly better than AC, and if you were in T5 and had FFL access, it's absolutely worth the 5 minute underground walk to T4.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Chicken salad or fruit and cheese plate was offered for DFW to LGA tonight.

i got the chicken salad. The chicken was dry, I thought the hummus appetizer could have also had some crudits, the chocolate bunt cake was actually pretty good.

Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Originally Posted by Raralith
Isn't LAX-JFK on J Flagship First? Why would you go to the Admirals Club instead of the Flagship First Lounge in T4? FFL is significantly better than AC, and if you were in T5 and had FFL access, it's absolutely worth the 5 minute underground walk to T4.
The LAX Flagship lounge was reopened on Jan 26 and our travel date was before that.
Believe me, if we could, of course we want the Flagship Lounge....
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by pigx5
The LAX Flagship lounge was reopened on Jan 26 and our travel date was before that.
Believe me, if we could, of course we want the Flagship Lounge....
Oops, skimmed through the video but didn't realize the flight was on Jan 2022 as noted in your post. Yeah, that sucks!
Old Apr 3, 2022, 10:49 am
Formerly known as billinaz

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
MCO-DFW
8:45AM
A321
Breakfast service.

The other choice was some pretzel bagel thing with a flavored cream cheese.

Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
EGE-DFW
LAA A319
Snack Basket Service

PDB of choice from the very friendly FA! Despite a completely full flight, she accomplished the PDB service with ease and we departed early! Also, can we talk about how much more comfortable these seats are than the Oasis seats?!

American Airlines First Class Pre-Departure Beverage

Once in the air, drink refills and passing of the current joke of a snack-basket were frequent.

DFW-CUN
Oasis'd A321
Lunch

Service on this flight was a mixed bag.

PDB of water only, despite plenty of sitting time on the ground due to a rolling delay

Once in the air, no hot towel was offered, but hot nuts (and refills of the hot nuts) were, as well as drink of choice.

Meal service was done via the cart in the aisle.

Choices were either a fruit and cheese plate or a salad of some type. By the time the FA got to me in row 4, only the fruit and cheese plate was available.

American Airlines Short-Haul Business Class Lunch

The chocolate bundt cake for dessert was good, though dry. There were a few varieties of cheese on the plate, as well as pecans on the fruit and cheese plate.

Drink was never empty the entire flight!
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
April 2 MIA IAH 2:13pm lunch
737-800

Charcuterie

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.