Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:30 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Mini Haagen-Dazs ice cream on regular domestic flight? Is this a mis-cater or an actual improvement?

-FlyerBeek
It's a sub for the sundae service that used to be offered on that flight.

I can't recall the specific mileage requirements, but pre-pandemic something like routes longer than 2000 miles had a choice of a made to order sundae or cheese plate for dessert. So technically a downgrade from the pre-pandemic service, but an upgrade from the pandemic slop. IIRC mid-con dinner flights had pre-made sundaes.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:30 pm

Jfk to Mia 3/14
seat 1L so I could see 4 FA’s frantically counting things in the forward galley and just looking super busy. No PDB of course.

Got the charcuterie. Then the drink cart came around. I had to help the FA find the woodford Bc he hadn’t heard of it before?? Odd. And got scolded for asking for 2. “We only serve 1, sir, but I’ll give you two this time”. Oook. The CLT crews are serving two on a 1 hr hop. So not sure what the official rule is …not that that really matters with AA.

Anyway, glad I asked Bc they never came back for round 2 in the air.

The broccoli salad was actually pretty good. Im glad the mayonnaise potato salad is gone. The charcuterie tray could use more than 3 strips of pita cracker though. All in all, it was decent. Anything is better than the pimento cheese pretzel roll.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by rhg247
I had to help the FA find the woodford Bc he hadn’t heard of it before?? Odd. And got scolded for asking for 2. “We only serve 1, sir, but I’ll give you two this time”. Oook. The CLT crews are serving two on a 1 hr hop. So not sure what the official rule is …not that that really matters with AA.
It's kind of ridiculous lol. I don't often drink on planes, but have asked for a Woodford a few times, really only wanting a single. The last few times I've ordered it they've given me, without my asking:
1. A poured double.
2. A poured single with another little bottle on the side.
3. A poured single with TWO additional little bottles on the side.
4. A poured double with an extra bottle on the side.

Last edited by DMPHL; Mar 16, 2022 at 9:49 am
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
It's kind of ridiculous lol. I don't often drink on planes, but have asked for a Woodford a few times, really only wanting a single. The last three times I've ordered it they've given me, without my asking:
1. A poured double.
2. A poured single with another little bottle on the side.
3. A poured single with TWO additional little bottles on the side.
4. A poured double with an extra bottle on the side.
wow I want to get on flights 3 and 4 with you
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
AA 2886 DFW-LAX

Fruit and Cheese plate or Chicken Salad. Went with the chicken salad. At first I hesitated with the hummus after the 2 years of hummus with with turkey sandwich but this seemed different and better.

FA busted her butt with hot nuts (with refills offered), frequent refills of drinks, and lots and lots of passes thru the cabin. It was a nice change of pace and earned her a AAplause ticket.

Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:56 pm
Suspended

How does AA pick what's in first-class snack baskets?

I like a lot of the snacks in the snack basket, and I've certainly bought some of them outside of flying.

Question: how does AA pick what's in the snack basket, and on what terms?

Is the snack basket largely a way for brands to get good advertising in front of an upper-income audience, so manufacturers are eager to give snacks to AA at low prices?

Or does AA pay market rates for snacks, hoping to keep customers happy?

And why do snacks in the snack basket rotate so often?

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 4:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
I like a lot of the snacks in the snack basket, and I've certainly bought some of them outside of flying.

Question: how does AA pick what's in the snack basket, and on what terms?

Is the snack basket largely a way for brands to get good advertising in front of an upper-income audience, so manufacturers are eager to give snacks to AA at low prices?

Or does AA pay market rates for snacks, hoping to keep customers happy?

And why do snacks in the snack basket rotate so often?

Thanks.
Definitely advertising/marketing by the vendors. I also have purchased a few that I had previously tried onboard!
Though I get a little disappointed when my favorites leave the rotation, I love that they rotate so that there are a variety of things to try!
BWISkyGuy, Spanish and keyw like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Curious if anyone has taken or coming up a redeye transcon on a non-premium route since the latest catering improvements. Specifically I am talking about SEA-MIA, but any redeye over 2,200 miles would work for reference.

Back in the "before" days that flight was provisioned with casper bedding and a continental breakfast was served before landing. Now that things are starting to return to "normal" I wonder if either of those luxuries will even return.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
AA1268 LAX-MIA 789 J Menu:

Old Mar 18, 2022, 9:18 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From a friend:

Old Mar 18, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by TWA884
From a friend:

Oh thank goodness I can buy some Pringles to tide my hunger on a transcon in economy…

I like the multi course meal return though.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
No mention of MCE getting drinks for free or snacks. They've had two years to plan this and the best they can do is nuts and pringles?

"Phase in new items over the year".

Pathetic.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by enviroian
No mention of MCE getting drinks for free or snacks. They've had two years to plan this and the best they can do is nuts and pringles?

"Phase in new items over the year".

Pathetic.
Well great is what they are going for, not what they are.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by wrp96
Well great is what they are going for, not what they are.
Any time I hear great is what they’re going for I can’t help but remember a year ago when I flew LAX-DFW on a 77W and they cut the safety video before it said “because great is what we’re going for”. I was just like, well at least they’re not false advertising on this specific flight!
BERGBRLY, wrp96, zeer0 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Any time I hear great is what they’re going for I can’t help but remember a year ago when I flew LAX-DFW on a 77W and they cut the safety video before it said “because great is what we’re going for”. I was just like, well at least they’re not false advertising on this specific flight!
You lucked out. Before that the end of that video was employees clapping. What the hell were they clapping for or whom? Someone finally figured out it was annoying and yanked it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.