Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jcatman
You were asked if you desired a refill on a PDB??????

Go buy a lottery ticket right now.
Outstanding FA. Worked hard entire flight and did ask if we wanted refill on PDB!
asnovici likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
According the TPG, here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...-meal-service/ pre-ordering of food should return in April sometime. I'd take that with a grain of salt, though.
Thank you!
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 985X
Feb 27th, BOS-LAX A321T 740pm departure.
When I asked for a second sundae, FA gave me a lecture of how every pax only gets one dessert, she told me I should feel lucky I got both sundae and lemon tart since someone else turned down dessert service. Is it true? I got 2 sundaes on LHR-LAX before without any issues
Not sure why you'd think asking for 3 desserts is reasonable. I'm not sure what the FA's tone was like (hopefully the "lecture" was polite and didn't embarrass you in front of other passengers), but I think a gentle reminder that desserts are limited was warranted here. If the cabin is fairly empty, no reason you shouldn't consider asking for a second dessert, but a third also?

Originally Posted by 985X
Also an hour before landing, FA woke me up asking for headphones. I was in shock. At least for MIA-LAX routes they never collect those unless within 40mins from landing.
That's fairly standard on AA, and it's something that FT posters have complained about for years. The best solution is to decline the AA headphones when they're being passed out or leave them unused if they're already at your seat when boarding and use your own. Otherwise, just make sure you don't have them on when you fall asleep -- I usually proactively put mine back in the case before sleeping and leave them somewhere the FA can easily grab them without waking me.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
BOS-DFW
AA 1163 3/1

Choices were chicken or ravioli. I went with the chicken, and was honestly surprised that they still had choices left at row 5.

it was actually quite good and I would definitely order again. It’s not heavy and relatively “healthy” when you pass on the mashed potatoes. The two small circle things on the salad plate are shrimp.

Bread was passed around.

Dessert was Haagen Dazs or the fruit plate.

Towels, warm nuts and silverware were all onboard. Attentive crew was well.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:00 pm

0 for 4 on PDB yesterday. JAX-CLT-BDL-CLT-DEN

Snack basket only on the BDL segments. Pretty lackluster experience
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by runnigel
0 for 4 on PDB yesterday. JAX-CLT-BDL-CLT-DEN

Snack basket only on the BDL segments. Pretty lackluster experience
CLT-BDL is 644 miles and hasn't had a meal since before 9/11. I'm not sure what you were expecting.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
BOS-DFW
AA 1163 3/1
Choices were chicken or ravioli. I went with the chicken, and was honestly surprised that they still had choices left at row 5.
it was actually quite good and I would definitely order again. It’s not heavy and relatively “healthy” when you pass on the mashed potatoes. The two small circle things on the salad plate are shrimp.
Bread was passed around.
Dessert was Haagen Dazs or the fruit plate.
Towels, warm nuts and silverware were all onboard. Attentive crew was well.
Thank you for sharing, flying this home next week from my BOS run and am glad to see a warm meal should be served. Sounds like service was great!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question April Meal Pre-orders?

AA indicated meal pre-orders will be available in April. Has anyone been able to pre-order meals yet?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by marlee1421
AA indicated meal pre-orders will be available in April. Has anyone been able to pre-order meals yet?
I think it means, starting in April sometime you may be able to pre-order meals and not you can pre-order meals for flights in April in March. But I hope I'm wrong.

As of right now and to the best of my knowledge, only premium transcons on 321Ts (domestically) have pre-orders available.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Drwaz99

As of right now and to the best of my knowledge, only premium transcons on 321Ts (domestically) have pre-orders available.
Yes that’s correct - Flagship J / F.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by slpybear
Thank you for sharing, flying this home next week from my BOS run and am glad to see a warm meal should be served. Sounds like service was great!
Don’t get your hopes up.

Our plane changed about two hours out (A321 20F to a pmAA 16). This resulted in a mis-catering; received a mix of hot meals and sub-1,500 mile cold meals. The pilots both received hot meals.

Option was salad:

it was decent, but not very filling, especially since I banked on having the hot meal and passed on dinner at DFW. I’d be fine with it if it wasn’t Friday and I was starving for dinner.

The super sweet sorbet was on offer - no real ice cream this evening.

No hot towels as a result of the faulty catering.

Service was middle of the road. Proactive through dinner then a bit of a gap.
slpybear likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
AA 2900, 3/4/2022, CMH->PHX, 6:00 pm departure

Paid upgrade ($194) to last F seat, 1A. FA went back to front; apparently there eas some kind of pasta choice, which is what I wanted. Left with the caper chicken and cauliflower polenta. it came with some kind of spicy tempura shrimp, which was tasty, as was the roll. Chicken was gross, and I'm not into cauliflower, so the polenta was untouched.

Hot nuts were served. Dessert choice was cheese plate (selected) or mini Häagen-Dazs ice cream tub..

They were "out of all beer" when I tried to get an IPA mid-flight. So glad it wasn't a cheese sandwich and potato salad; actually feels like first again. Rather disappointed paying for this upgrade though. Can't even get one Goose Island?

Old Mar 6, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Can't even get one Goose Island?
I believe most flights only have 2 Goose Islands loaded in First, unfortunately - it used to be easier when they could go steal more from the back, but that's not an option right now. I have found on my flights if my wife and I each get a Goose Island, that's typically it for the whole flight.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
When are pre-reserved main courses returning for non-Flagship domestic/shorthaul international routes?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 5:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ESpen36
When are pre-reserved main courses returning for non-Flagship domestic/shorthaul international routes?
Supposedly in April, with special meal pre-orders returning in May. Ref: https://viewfromthewing.com/hot-meal...ing-next-week/

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.