Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
OMG - yes, I agree. Asking for an extra dessert when the cabin is empty is one thing. Asking for a third seems a bit much. The problem is others will see the extra dessert, ask and then be denied if there are none left, generating a different complaint to AA. Most prudent thing is one entrée and one dessert per passenger to avoid the 'why did he get extra but I can't' complaints.

Last edited by USFlyerUS; Feb 28, 2022 at 9:35 am
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
OMG - yes, I agree. Asking for an extra dessert when the cabin is empty is one thing. Asking for a third seems a bit much. The problem is others will see the extra dessert, ask and then be denied if there are none left, generating a different complaint to AA. Most prudent thing is one entrée and one dessert per passenger to avoid the 'why did he get extra but I can't' complaints.
​​​​​​Fair point. I was seated in the last row of the cabin and everyone else was already served. That's why I asked if they had any leftover sundae that I can enjoy after 20min into dessert service.. but yeah I get it, next time I will be more careful and not asking for it then.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hotshot265
2/26-1756 MSP-PHX. No PDB, full beverage service once in the air, no meal even though flight was listed as dinner. Flight crew did get their hot meal, we got two passes of the snack basket. I wasn’t super hungry so it honestly was not a big deal, but when I asked the FA in first, he said meals are only served on flights departing a hub with catering and that the cold sandwiches are gone now. I asked where the pilots hot meals came from then, they were catered in DFW where the in bound flight originated.
I would urge you to send a quick note to AA.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
ORD to LAX, 6:35 departure.

Very disappointed with this "dinner." The only thing hot about it was the lukewarm nuts.The choices were cobb salad or shrimp salad. A salad for your main? Really? Everything was edible, but not the meal I was expecting on a 4hr flight.

Cheese plate for dessert

Orzo salad (unseasoned), cobb salad (how bad can this be), and a cheesecake (dry, but tasty).
Old Feb 28, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
what is up with the plastic wrap....
cmd320 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:02 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by enviroian
what is up with the plastic wrap....
You tell me. Nothing screams "first class" like removing a layer of saran wrap from your meal.
PUCCI GALORE, cmd320 and keyw like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
You tell me. Nothing screams "first class" like removing a layer of saran wrap from your meal.
It's probably a directive on page 21, section 8.2 of their union contract: "thou shall not remove saran wrap from customers tray".
corky, 96SS and keyw like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
ORD to LAX, 6:35 departure.

Very disappointed with this "dinner." The only thing hot about it was the lukewarm nuts.The choices were cobb salad or shrimp salad. A salad for your main? Really? Everything was edible, but not the meal I was expecting on a 4hr flight.

Cheese plate for dessert

Orzo salad (unseasoned), cobb salad (how bad can this be), and a cheesecake (dry, but tasty).
I think this is a lunch entree. Maybe a miscater?

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 10, 2022 at 1:17 pm Reason: Removing images for readability
Old Feb 28, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs up SAN to PHL Fl 433 2/27/22

PDB served and also asked if wanted refill. Meal was choice of chicken breast with potatoes or mac and cheese, both with caprese salad and garden salad. Desert: Hagen Daz Ice Cream. Multiple meal time beverage services. Great service by FA Valerie, good meal. Snack basket one hour prior to arrival as well. Meal and service back to pre-pandemic level or better.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 985X

Feb 27th, BOS-LAX A321T 740pm departure.
When I asked for a second sundae, FA gave me a lecture of how every pax only gets one dessert, she told me I should feel lucky I got both sundae and lemon tart since someone else turned down dessert service.
I was on that flight as well. Had the chicken for the main course and the cheese plate for dessert. Missed the lecture, maybe next time!

Last edited by JY1024; Mar 10, 2022 at 1:18 pm Reason: For readability, pls don't quote all images
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
I realize these are international, but they're more "domestic" for catering. Anyone know what I'll get in J:
  • MEX-MIA (4:20pm): 3h10m
  • MIA-SXM (10:30am): 2h56m
  • SXM-MIA (3:27pm): 3h31m
  • MIA-MEX (9:25pm): 3h50m
Not really looking for specifics, but do they qualify for hot meals? My concern is the 2h56m flight!
Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by marlee1421
PDB served and also asked if wanted refill. Meal was choice of chicken breast with potatoes or mac and cheese, both with caprese salad and garden salad. Desert: Hagen Daz Ice Cream. Multiple meal time beverage services. Great service by FA Valerie, good meal. Snack basket one hour prior to arrival as well. Meal and service back to pre-pandemic level or better.
You were asked if you desired a refill on a PDB??????

Go buy a lottery ticket right now.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Status of pre-ordering?

Am I right that ine can still only pre-order meals in international C/F and on the premium transcon flights (eg JFK-LAX)? I know they're bringing meals back, but I cannot see any sign of pre-ordering in my reservations (such as LAX-CLT or DFW-LAX in F).

Does anyone have a sense of if/when we will be able to pre-order again like in 2019?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by marlee1421
I was on that flight as well. Valerie was excellent! As was the meal. I wrote into AA this morning complimenting her service.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Muckus
Am I right that ine can still only pre-order meals in international C/F and on the premium transcon flights (eg JFK-LAX)? I know they're bringing meals back, but I cannot see any sign of pre-ordering in my reservations (such as LAX-CLT or DFW-LAX in F).

Does anyone have a sense of if/when we will be able to pre-order again like in 2019?
According the TPG, here: https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...-meal-service/ pre-ordering of food should return in April sometime. I'd take that with a grain of salt, though.
bvmcginnis likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.