Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
All about this, and love that she employs other single mothers, but I'm curious...

Does this mean that these are going to be packaged and shipped nationwide to put them on meal trays? Is that how other desserts like the cheesecakes and other tarts, are provisioned already, as opposed to being made by the catering facility? Genuinely curious here.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Interesting. Villa Dolce - exact same brand of cheap ice cream/sorbet UA has been using for the last 18+ months.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
That actually looks pretty good but those plastic utensils feel slightly out of place with glassware and everything plated
The plastic utensils are still the biggest head scratcher to me. Not sustainable, and you'd think it's more expensive to supply single-use items than silverware you can wash.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
2/26-1756 MSP-PHX. No PDB, full beverage service once in the air, no meal even though flight was listed as dinner. Flight crew did get their hot meal, we got two passes of the snack basket. I wasn’t super hungry so it honestly was not a big deal, but when I asked the FA in first, he said meals are only served on flights departing a hub with catering and that the cold sandwiches are gone now. I asked where the pilots hot meals came from then, they were catered in DFW where the in bound flight originated.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:03 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
The plastic utensils are still the biggest head scratcher to me. Not sustainable, and you'd think it's more expensive to supply single-use items than silverware you can wash.
I don’t believe those are supposed to be there and is likely due to some temporary issue with supplies or the catering operation at the airport
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
Just flew 2283, MIA-LAX on Thursday. Wonderful flight, 787. PDV champagne or orange juice. Then Kristie Johnston and her FA crew went to work, meeting each passenger, basically telling them she would be their moms and take care of their needs. Meal was very good, included sundaes, The entire flight was a delight.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by hotshot265
2/26-1756 MSP-PHX. No PDB, full beverage service once in the air, no meal even though flight was listed as dinner. Flight crew did get their hot meal, we got two passes of the snack basket. I wasn’t super hungry so it honestly was not a big deal, but when I asked the FA in first, he said meals are only served on flights departing a hub with catering and that the cold sandwiches are gone now. I asked where the pilots hot meals came from then, they were catered in DFW where the in bound flight originated.
Despite the flight being coded as dinner, isn't the new standard 1,500 miles for a hot meal in F? Despite being over 3.5hrs, MSP-PHX falls short of that distance requirement. I think they were supposed to also roll out a lighter meal option for flights between 900-1,500 miles, but I don't think that's been implemented yet systemwide. Regardless, there's no excuse why AA.com doesn't get the meal coding right - but it was also like this on some routes pre-COVID (I recall LGA-MSP being one of them - coded for dinner but frequently only catered with a snack basket).

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Probably a catering screw up or they ran out of silverware or something, most of the stuff I've seen on AA has been silverware including my last flight on them back in December.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dw
I don’t believe those are supposed to be there and is likely due to some temporary issue with supplies or the catering operation at the airport
More then likely been temporary service issues as the FA mentioned they didn't get any Glenlivet for the trip, and I don't believe I misheard that they ran out either since I was 5th in line the first row didn't look to get any spirits. Thinking back in my last few flights for the same route/time/airport, I normally got silverware with my cold sandwiches.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond

PHL-PHX no PDB but otherwise service was quite good. Meal choice was beef or lasagna. Lasagna was gone by the time the FA got to my row. The beef was actually very tender and tasty. Plastic utensils.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Plastic utensils for a beef entree.
corky, ceebee100, apeortdz and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by apeortdz
PHL-PHX no PDB but otherwise service was quite good. Meal choice was beef or lasagna. Lasagna was gone by the time the FA got to my row. The beef was actually very tender and tasty. Plastic utensils.
Wow! That actually looks better than the pre-COVID midcon domestic steak/beef entrees. And the shrimp looks massive.

-FlyerBeek
apeortdz likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 4:05 am

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K

Feb 27th, BOS-LAX A321T 740pm departure.
When I asked for a second sundae, FA gave me a lecture of how every pax only gets one dessert, she told me I should feel lucky I got both sundae and lemon tart since someone else turned down dessert service. Is it true? I got 2 sundaes on LHR-LAX before without any issues

Also an hour before landing, FA woke me up asking for headphones. I was in shock. At least for MIA-LAX routes they never collect those unless within 40mins from landing.
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 8:23 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by 985X
When I asked for a second sundae, FA gave me a lecture of how every pax only gets one dessert, she told me I should feel lucky I got both sundae and lemon tart since someone else turned down dessert service. Is it true? I got 2 sundaes on LHR-LAX before without any issues
Asking for three desserts on a 6 hour flight does seem a bit excessive? It is supposed to be sundae OR tart OR fruit/cheese. (I'm not sure how many sundaes they cater, but the quantities of the tart option are definitely limited as I have seen them run out before.)
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by dw
Asking for three desserts on a 6 hour flight does seem a bit excessive?
Inappropriate behavior, and gluttony, IMHO. Poster was rightfully denied, especially after already having double dessert.
ORDnHKG likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.