Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Enjoy all the magnificence that is FFD. Have three starters and two entrees and all the desserts, or whichever gluttonous combination you choose.. Add a bottle or two of champagne plus a cocktail(s) and you won't want nor need to eat on the plane. What FFD has to offer will most certainly be better that what is served in the air. That said, maybe a sundae once in the air. Have fun!
+1. FFD is a magnificent experience.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by jcatman
+1. FFD is a magnificent experience.
Better than most restaurants, on-par with higher end. Not to mention it's all you can eat/all you can drink.
keyw likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:12 am

I had the vegetable terrine last week JFK-LAX in F.
It was decidedly unhealthy. Quite greasy with mostly potato, cheese and very few incredibly thinly sliced vegetables.
This was more like a lasagna.
In retrospect, it was probably the most caloric entree.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Magnificance I dunno.. Compared to inflight and during covid, sure. NO doubt. 14 things so far at FFD post covid & not a one worth ordering/paying for at a restaurant. I dont eat red meat so cant comment on anything streak, rib eye, lamb, etc but both MIA & JFK dont execute the food right, dont season, temperatures are wrong. Some things are Ok some are a joke. Any decent big city restaurant to me is better than FFD. Hoping LA changes my opinion if it ever opens b/c I do respect chef Kida but the issue is the people actually cooking Imo are line cooks at best. Just got back from Charleston SC and had 7 exceptional meals, all of which make FFD look like the amateur food it is.
Haven't done FFD post-covid but I find the real appeal is that you can eat as much as you like. Rarely if ever have I left a high end restaurant feeling full. FFD is a meal I consider fasting before because of the quantities. I also don't think it's fair to compare it to other restaurants in a city, but rather it should be compared to airport restaurants in which case, I would say it's among the best in most airports.
Bradhattan likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Haven't done FFD post-covid but I find the real appeal is that you can eat as much as you like. Rarely if ever have I left a high end restaurant feeling full. FFD is a meal I consider fasting before because of the quantities. I also don't think it's fair to compare it to other restaurants in a city, but rather it should be compared to airport restaurants in which case, I would say it's among the best in most airports.
Agree totally with you about fasting for the meal, eating a lot and yes leaving many higher end places not full especially tasting menu spots. And no doubt there is no airport food i have had that was ever good. So thats not really a high mark to compare to but sadly about where I find FFD, maybe a little better. I truly want to love it I swear, I'm not some hater. Been served so many dishes that were void of flavor or seasoning, or not served at the right temp or forgot something listed on the menu...... Btw to me the best appeal is the exclusivity and privacy and feeling like you are in a really special high end place that in normal life you would never get into lol I think everyone is really nice, and they are set up great and now have dropped money on LPGS at 1942 at home b/c FFD turned me onto them
Old Feb 24, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
so when you get onto your flight after eating so much do you eat the onboard entree as well?
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
AA119 DFW-OGG 2/21 - Hawaiian Flagship Service

First time in a long haul premium cabin in over 2 years. Not bad. Great crew in J (or is it F - so confused).

Started off with warn nuts and a pre-made Mai Tai

Appetizer was seared tuna with pickled ginger + sauce and a green salad with a creamy curry dressing.

Sliced Ginger Beef with Chow Fun Noodles (with a side sauce). Tasted much better than it looked.

Sundae with pineapple & coconut topping, whipped cream and chocolate covered macadamia nuts. First airplane sundae in over 2 years!!!!

Pre-Arrival Cheese Plate (they ran out of the protein bowls by the time they got to me).
Carfield, ceebee100, zeer0 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Looks great!
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
First time in a long haul premium cabin in over 2 years. Not bad. Great crew in J (or is it F - so confused).
Is DFW-OGG operated as Flagship? That looks significantly nicer than the meal I had a couple days ago in A321neo domestic F on OGG-LAX.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by jcain
Is DFW-OGG operated as Flagship? That looks significantly nicer than the meal I had a couple days ago in A321neo domestic F on OGG-LAX.
Widebody service to HI is considered Flagship Business (I don’t think LAX-HI does widebodies / everything is on a 32Q).
Old Feb 25, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
LAX-BOS in late March. Anyone have any suggestions? They all kinda look meh to me.

Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: AA EXP
It's the classic beef, chicken or fish line. I actually like the mashed potatoes the few times I had them though, but it comes with chicken.

BOS-LAX though, had the Traditional American a few days ago and it was great.
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I was on board AA 2611 from LAX to ORD yesterday afternoon and thought I would share the experience. The flight left on time and arrived early in Chicago. Not only were PDB’s served but it was really an open bar. The guy sitting next to me had a Tito’s on the rocks and the guy across the aisle had a gin and tonic. I’m a total lightweight and had a glass of water. Normal domestic first-class service was back on this flight. Warm towels were offered prior to the inflight beverage service and warm nuts were served with your choice of drink. Dinner choices were chicken breast with twice baked potato or cheese tortellini with a marinara sauce. I opted for the chicken. The dinner came with an appetizer consisting of prosciutto on a bed of arugula with crumbled blue cheese and a pear slice. It also came with a salad with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. A choice of warm bread rolls was also offered, and they were really good. For dessert, you could choose Hagen Dazs ice cream or a cheese and fruit plate. All in all, it really wasn’t too bad and a welcome change from the pandemic era sandwiches. The cabin crew in first class was very attentive and came by several times to refresh your drink or clear away dishes. They also proactively came by and asked if they could hang your coat up while the boarding process occurred. I spoke to the lead FA and she seemed quite happy that full service was back in domestic first class. She did a great job and I gave her compliments for a task well performed. She even handed out mints just before landing.

Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Not extremely familiar with AA's hot meal return and what not. What can I expect on my 1200 mile ORD-MIA leaving at 8:20PM next Friday (March 4th)? Is it a hot meal since it's under 1500 miles or is it the same as what it was before, it's labeled as dinner on the reservation.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 9:39 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
AA 2771 DEN-ORD
February 2022

Breakfast. Choice of fruit and yogurt or a turkey sandwich (cold). The fruit and yogurt was pretty pathetic IMO. No PDB, service done from a cart.

This flight was blocked at exactly 2.5 hours. I thought hot meals had come back on flights 2.5 - 3.5 hours, but perhaps not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.