Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:03 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by dll
Indeed. And, perhaps because "great is what they're going for", it varies by departure city (personal experience). I had some DFW-LAX that had diced pickles in it. I like potatoes. I like potato salad (generally). I love pickles. I do not like pickles in my potato salad.
I love potato salad, too. 😒
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
just boarded an lax-mex flight and the FA decided to give us a pre departure drink in F and the other FA came and said wow dont let them get used to this service because next time they are going to expect it. the amazing generous FA said well they should be and we cant be using covid as an excuse forever.

I wish I had my status thank you cards to give her all of them. god bless her. its been a while since I was able to praise an FA so I had to share lol.
This pretty much sums up AA experience right now! Half the crew are working harder than even to try to deliver in challenging times and
the other half are riding covid and dont want original service to ever come back.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Yes Love, but what was it? Sorry, let me rephrase that, what was it meant to be?
I believe thats the tomato pesto mozzarella sandwich that they were serving on my flight too
Old Jan 28, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I won’t bother posting a photo of my Turkey pastrami sandwich from PHX to PVR this week, since so many have been posted already, but I will mention that the red wine on this flight was a 2020 Rock Blossom red blend. Nothing spectacular, but looks like it retails for about $35/bottle. I googled, and it seems DL uses it domestically, so maybe the airlines got a good deal on it. 😉
Old Jan 28, 2022, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
JFK-SFO F + JFK Flagship Dining

2 hour delay on the return trip give me the time to check out the Flagship Dining for the first time, short verdict is that the presentation is top-notch, substance is a little blah, and quantity is definitely tasting menu level. The flight attendants on the return trip we're back after a long hiatus, and it definitely showed in their rustiness. Amenity kids were not headed out, food was lukewarm, the soup was borderline cold. The brisket taste was top-notch, completely seconding the review few days ago.

Piper in Flagship! What can't AA switch to this glassware in F like QR?

Oyster Fritters - excellent

Sea bass - the sauce had a very stale taste, taking a sneak peek in the kitchen, it was definitely relying on light off pre-processing, which shows up in sauces like this.

Sweet potato soup - borderline cold

Sticky Toffee Cake

Beef brisket - excellent taste, but noticed the difference in presentation from few weeks ago
FlyerBeek and ValleyEarl like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa

On my JFK-LAX on Wednesday, same. Soup was borderline cold.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
2 hour delay on the return trip give me the time to check out the Flagship Dining for the first time, short verdict is that the presentation is top-notch, substance is a little blah, and quantity is definitely tasting menu level. The flight attendants on the return trip we're back after a long hiatus, and it definitely showed in their rustiness. Amenity kids were not headed out, food was lukewarm, the soup was borderline cold. The brisket taste was top-notch, completely seconding the review few days ago.

Piper in Flagship! What can't AA switch to this glassware in F like QR?

Oyster Fritters - excellent

Sea bass - the sauce had a very stale taste, taking a sneak peek in the kitchen, it was definitely relying on light off pre-processing, which shows up in sauces like this.

Sticky Toffee Cake

Beef brisket - excellent taste, but noticed the difference in presentation from few weeks ago
Interested in what you thought of the toffee.
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:01 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by Markie
CLT-LAX F

VILE

I had this today, well sort of. Mine had a bag of "toasted corn" in place of the potato salad (which seems like a win), my side salad consisted of 2 pieces of lettuce, 100 slices of cheese, and some little pickled peppers where the tomato should have been. Consistency is not exactly their strong suit... except for the sandwich, which was consistently awful.

Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:18 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
MCE today 1/29 going CMH-PHX. Choice of water (no ice) or coffee (black?). Biscotti forced on me despite protestation. This was about 45 mins. into the flight. Wondering if there will be another "service."
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
MCE today 1/29 going CMH-PHX. Choice of water (no ice) or coffee (black?). Biscotti forced on me despite protestation. This was about 45 mins. into the flight. Wondering if there will be another "service."
Doubtful. AA has reduced to one beverage service in Y for all domestic flights - even 6+ hr transcons. I'd feel free to use your call button if you want something other than water or coffee.

-FlyerBeek
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I had them not add ice cream. If it's warmed properly, it would have been great option. I am not a Sundae fanatic BTW.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:42 am

Can we create a separate thread for the four transcontinental routes (LAX-BOS, LAX-JFK, LAX-MIA, SFO-JFK) + Hawaii? In other words, it might be helpful to see the experience relevant to the short- and mid-haul flights that comprise the majority of the domestic network.
Markie, rhg247, DMPHL and 7 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
Can we create a separate thread for the four transcontinental routes (LAX-BOS, LAX-JFK, LAX-MIA, SFO-JFK) + Hawaii? In other words, it might be helpful to see the experience relevant to the short- and mid-haul flights that comprise the majority of the domestic network.
I think that's a good idea.
Amil, Segments and VaBeachGirl like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
I think that's a good idea.
I second this! Separating "premium" domestic meal topics from regular domestic meal topics has always been something I thought should be done.
VaBeachGirl likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by footballfanatic
I almost posted the same request yesterday. There really is two separate threads within this thread.
USFlyerUS, CLT and VaBeachGirl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.