Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Nov 19, 22, 7:18 pm
Original Member

Pre-ordered at the u/g window an AVML for the evening flight Wednesday PHX-DTW. Frank, (who was a really good F/A--worked the entire flight), came up to me as he was taking orders and asked if I knew what I ordered, then oddly, at the time, asked if I knew what it looked like. From the info here, thought it was rice/dahl/chickpeas with hummus and pita and baklava, so related that to him. He truly sounded mystified, and came back a bit later apologetic and said "I don't think I've got this one, but I do have the grain bowl. Would you also like the salmon on it?" So I ended up with the grain bowl, hummus duo with endive dippers, and a piece of warmed salmon. Quite delicious, actually...only way it could have been improved would have been a wedge of lemon. He brought around sorbet or fruit/cheese for dessert at the end of the flight. He was constantly in motion--really a great f/a.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Nov 19, 22, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AA2205 LAX-HNL
Nov. 18, 2022
Dinner

Sparkling wine and warm nuts. That's the last of the drink service!

Golden roast chicken, salad and hummus appetizer, plus pretzel roll. The hummus was sadly forgettable.

Ice cream sundae. Almost impossible to mess up!

Sorry to say this was not a very good meal. On paper it looks fine, and the photo makes it loo appetizing enough. I pre-ordered the "Golden Roasted Chicken," which reminded me a lot of a "healthy" hospital meal. Very bland chicken, but a bit on the rubbery side with no real taste. The green beans were probably the best part of the meal. Other choices were short ribs or a grain bowl. The short ribs ran out by row two as the flight attendant went back to front. Rolls from the basket were distributed - the pretzel roll was quite good.

The sundae was also OK, but my requested whipped cream and nuts never arrived.

Lights were turned on while meal orders were taken, then extinguished for the rest of the flight. Service following the meal was nada. No drinks, snack basket or anything. The crew just disappeared. Certainly not a premium feel on this particular flight.

I have higher hopes for AA102 HNL-DFW tonight. Pre-ordered the beef filet, and at least the flat bed will be a treat.

Last edited by Kurt; Nov 19, 22 at 10:49 pm
Old Nov 20, 22, 12:01 am

Jfk-Mia blackened shrimp salad

Flavorful
Old Nov 20, 22, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
AA2205 LAX-HNL

Lights were turned on while meal orders were taken, then extinguished for the rest of the flight. Service following the meal was nada. No drinks, snack basket or anything. The crew just disappeared. Certainly not a premium feel on this particular flight.

I have higher hopes for AA102 HNL-DFW tonight. Pre-ordered the beef filet, and at least the flat bed will be a treat.
There is a separate thread on this, but this situation is what the drink button is for. If you look closely, the flight attendant call button shows the flight attendant holding a drink. If there is any place you should be able to use it for its intended purpose, it's in first/business.

Last edited by dc10forlife; Nov 21, 22 at 3:55 pm
Old Nov 20, 22, 6:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Humor noted - I was about 19 hours into my travel day so I was not caring much at the time.

AA102 last night was a delightful counterpoint in every way.

Originally Posted by dc10forlife View Post
There is a separate thread on this, but this situation is what the drink button is for. If you look closely, the flight attendant call button shows the flight attendant holding a drink.
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
BOS-MIA Breakfast:

Went with the salmon. It was pretty good and Ill be ordering again. I didnt touch the hockey puck that was the NY bagel. They really need to bring hot options back for these 3+ hour flights (DL is serving hot meals on BOS-ATL, for example).

Great service as well.

Old Nov 24, 22, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
[QUOTE=keyw;34768402]As promised, here is the newly enhanced charcuterie plate. Summary is they took away the salami and added 1 more mozzarella along with some pesto and arugula.

Just tried the Prosciutto Caprese Plate on AA1393 PHL-PBI. Usually would prefer the salad option but this was decent, however definitely on the lighter side. Dare I say even lighter than the previous charcuterie plate...
Old Nov 24, 22, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by shoodawg View Post

Flavorful
Agree with that. Had it as the pre arrival meal on MIA-EZE and it was pretty good. Mine didnt come with dressing and would order again.
Old Nov 24, 22, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA

my setup

+1's Setup

Sundae (unfortunately, no apple crisps were left)

AA 481, PHL - LAX. FA provided acceptable service. Strangely, catering only loaded 19 salad setups, leaving me (in row 5, EXP) to get the empty setup. Wrote into AA. No idea what the hummus colors are, but the hummus itself isn't bad.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 25, 22, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; AS MVP Gold, oneworld emerald
11/25/22, CMH-DFW, 1:49 depart

Shrimp salad or Fruit & cheese plate:

Strongly prefer AA F&C plate to AS F&C.
Old Nov 25, 22, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF Platinum / OWE (Lifetime & Partner Gold), HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
AA1717
YVR-LAX
21 November 2022
1.20pm departure; scheduled flight duration 3 hours
PDB of one's choice offered by an upbeat stewardess working the front cabin.
Hot towelettes brought around before lunch!
Hot lunch: choice of beef with sherry cream sauce or fusilli with lemon cream sauce. I chose the fusilli and thought it was fine. On the lighter side, but for lunch I've no problem with that.
The stewardess served dessert (a small but delicious slice of an apple flan/clafoutis) separately and offered coffee and liqueurs with dessert. She also offered hot and cold drinks a few times during the remainder of the flight.
This was my first AA flight post the acute phase of the pandemic, and in comparison to United which I'd taken a few weeks ago YVR-ORDvv and there was no hot meal offered in either direction, I was quite amazed at how good the service was.

AA1717
LAX-YVR
25 November 2022
9.30am departure, scheduled flight duration 3 hours
No PDB offered.
Cold brunch: choice of fruit plate or "protein plate". I'd preordered the fruit plate and really enjoyed it. The fruit tasted fresh, there was a chia or fine tapioca cereal in coconut milk with a fruit compote topping, and a slice of blueberry loaf cake. My neighbour had the protein plate which to me looked like a charcuterie plate with some boiled egg slices.
The service from the steward was pleasant, but not as attentive as the forward sector. But it was still better than the United flights I'd taken a couple of weeks ago.

Apologies no photos. I forgot to take them!
Old Yesterday, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
AA1717
YVR-LAX
21 November 2022
1.20pm departure; scheduled flight duration 3 hours
PDB of one's choice offered by an upbeat stewardess working the front cabin.
Hot towelettes brought around before lunch!
Hot lunch: choice of beef with sherry cream sauce or fusilli with lemon cream sauce. I chose the fusilli and thought it was fine. On the lighter side, but for lunch I've no problem with that.
The stewardess served dessert (a small but delicious slice of an apple flan/clafoutis) separately and offered coffee and liqueurs with dessert. She also offered hot and cold drinks a few times during the remainder of the flight.
This was my first AA flight post the acute phase of the pandemic, and in comparison to United which I'd taken a few weeks ago YVR-ORDvv and there was no hot meal offered in either direction, I was quite amazed at how good the service was.

AA1717
LAX-YVR
25 November 2022
9.30am departure, scheduled flight duration 3 hours
No PDB offered.
Cold brunch: choice of fruit plate or "protein plate". I'd preordered the fruit plate and really enjoyed it. The fruit tasted fresh, there was a chia or fine tapioca cereal in coconut milk with a fruit compote topping, and a slice of blueberry loaf cake. My neighbour had the protein plate which to me looked like a charcuterie plate with some boiled egg slices.
The service from the steward was pleasant, but not as attentive as the forward sector. But it was still better than the United flights I'd taken a couple of weeks ago.

Apologies no photos. I forgot to take them!

Happy to hear the good review. YVR-LAX sounds like the way service should ALWAYS be!
Chalkie likes this.
Old Yesterday, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; AS MVP Gold, oneworld emerald
11/25/22, DFW-SAN, 5:00 pm depart

Happy to report that the Charcuterie plate is back to full strength with prosciutto, salami, mozzarella. Significantly more than the sad reports above. Did not get a pic as I was starving and devoured prosciutto immediately.

Update: had this again, exactly the same, 11/26/22 DFW-CMH, 8:35 pm depart
LCSinTexas and keyw like this.

Last edited by nineworldseries; Yesterday at 9:34 pm
Old Yesterday, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA former 1K(lapsed), Bonvoy Titanium, Amtrak Select Plus.
What is the chance of compensation for no meal due to extended turbulence? This was Thanksgiving Dat, 11/24/22 DFW-PHL, 1:47pm depart. They took our order, cooked the food (we could smell it) but never served it (it's odd because they took our orders AFTER the turbulence was over, and just ran out of time -- we got the nuts and one drink). The FA suggested customer support, but what should I generally expect to get? Also, does each passenger need to request compensation, or can we all request it in a single submission?
Old Yesterday, 8:33 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by mariol View Post
What is the chance of compensation for no meal due to extended turbulence? This was Thanksgiving Dat, 11/24/22 DFW-PHL, 1:47pm depart. They took our order, cooked the food (we could smell it) but never served it (it's odd because they took our orders AFTER the turbulence was over, and just ran out of time -- we got the nuts and one drink). The FA suggested customer support, but what should I generally expect to get? Also, does each passenger need to request compensation, or can we all request it in a single submission?
I would guess that they would say turbulence is a safety issue outside of their control so I dont think theyd give you any sort of compensation.

But I may be wrong?

Search this Thread