Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Herb687
Or are the appetizers still gone from 1300-2100 mile dinner flights?
I had an appetizer of prosciutto, pear, blue cheese, and arugula on DFW-LGA on Saturday night.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:43 am

Mod - please delete this one.

Last edited by AADFW; Oct 11, 2022 at 9:27 am Reason: Wrong thread.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:18 am

Has anyone ever had an issue booking a meal in advance on the site lately?

ORD-MIA 10-21
MIA-GLA 10-30

Confirmed in first class (paid).

The site won't let me choose a meal or see a meal. I called EXP desk and they can't see or change it either.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by wrp96
I had an appetizer of prosciutto, pear, blue cheese, and arugula on DFW-LGA on Saturday night.
Excellent. Thank you for that data point. Since you said Saturday night, that means "dinner" rather than "lunch" per AA, correct?

While I'm annoyed that AA is cheaping out with no hot meals < 1300 miles (this covers some pretty important O&Ds like DFW-LAX, DFW-WAS), I am happy to see that the 1300-2000 mile band is back to pre-COVID standards.

Sadly, my last AA flight into LGA was on Eagle from IAH. Nasty box dinner "steak" sandwich on that dinner flight.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687
Excellent. Thank you for that data point. Since you said Saturday night, that means "dinner" rather than "lunch" per AA, correct?
Correct, 4:00 departure.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AB Dada

ORD-MIA 10-21
MIA-GLA 10-30

Confirmed in first class (paid).

The site won't let me choose a meal or see a meal. I called EXP desk and they can't see or change it either.

If you look at the issues with AA.com thread lots of people reporting inability to order meals the last few days, along with issues with SDC and checking in.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AB Dada
I'm having the same problem trying to book (or even view) my meal for a JFK-LAX in F next month (for some reason, LAX-MIA in J on the way back was no issue, though it gives 6 options -- in addition to the various SPML! -- which seems wrong to me so hope the one I chose will be offered indeed, and also I can't go back and review the choices now (getting the same error message).

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 12, 2022 at 12:43 am
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:25 am

Any idea what the dinner offering on DFW-SFO is? I got upgraded last minute so no chance to choose. It is just under 1500 miles but I assume would be a hot meal. A321 if it matters.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Aa 1814 dfw-phl 10/11

No PDB (boarding a bit hectic) and no dessert (not sure why - maybe not loaded). Chicken tender and tasty. Enjoyed the twice-baked potato. Bread basket offered after photo, and a second time later. Same appetizer of prosciutto, pear, blue cheese, and arugula as mentioned in the prior DFW-LGA post. Wine refills offered. The dinner pretty much filled the time on the short flight. Very nice meal.

chrisny2 likes this.

Last edited by NovaEngr; Oct 12, 2022 at 12:30 pm
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
PHL-LAX (AA 497)
6:30am Departure
10/12/22

We pushed back 20 minutes late due to late/incomplete catering. Pre-order options were the frittata or smoked salmon platter, but for some reason, two weeks ago the frittata order went away. There was also a third option, presumably due to the catering issue, which was the fruit plate. I was pretty disappointed with how small the frittata was. It was tasty, but was basically two bites of food. The bread basket is a nice touch. PDB of OJ/Water offered on a tray--I'll give them benefit of the doubt (they were great in-air) and blame it on the catering issue.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
PHL-LAX (AA 497)
6:30am Departure
10/12/22

We pushed back 20 minutes late due to late/incomplete catering. Pre-order options were the frittata or smoked salmon platter, but for some reason, two weeks ago the frittata order went away. There was also a third option, presumably due to the catering issue, which was the fruit plate. I was pretty disappointed with how small the frittata was. It was tasty, but was basically two bites of food. The bread basket is a nice touch. PDB of OJ/Water offered on a tray--I'll give them benefit of the doubt (they were great in-air) and blame it on the catering issue.
Looks tasty, but yes, so small!
FlyFreakquently likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
JFK-LAX F 6am 13 Oct. I enjoyed it. Fruit and biscotti prior to this. Good crew.

Egg white omelet & kale farro side
Old Oct 13, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by seanp7
JFK-LAX F 6am 13 Oct. I enjoyed it. Fruit and biscotti prior to this. Good crew.

Egg white omelet & kale farro side
That looks good actually. Maybe I need to do a breakfast Transcon for a change. Could eat lunch upon arrival at FFD. Just cant stand waking up early.

The kale farro side looks really "wet". Is the kale over cooked/wilted? Is there a sauce on it making it look very saucy?

What is dessert when you do a breakfast Transcon? I think missing the sundae would just be too much for me to do it. Waking up early and no sundae would do me in.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Anyone tried the new grain bowl yet? Have it pre ordered for my flight this weekend.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
So I see a few posts above that people say that the James Beard foundation "healthy" golden roast checken is mediocre (though I can't see any photo of it - did anyone post one? Lots of other chicken dishes though!). Is it really bad? I wouldn't normally go for it, but quite frankly, I don't really want those grain bowls (there seem to be two different ones on my menu?!) and whatever and this is the only thing that looks remotely like a "normal" main dish (or there is orecchiette with bolognese which I know some people praised here too, but frankly, I just find it a bit disappointing to fly supposed Flagship first for pasta),

I also read various good things about Hindu meals, mixed about diabetic, and often bad things about Kosher ones, but I can mostly see examples for "normal" long haul rather than transcon or old transcon (a nice salmon dish as diabetic meal, and AVML that looks just like what people get on much shorter routes). Are any of them likely to be good, will they just be the same on a JFK-LAX as they would have been on a twice shorter JFK-MIA?

And yes, I'll hopefully have something in FFD before but because I'm working before I'm not entirely sure what time I'll be able to make it to the airport so would rather pre-order something decent onboard in case. So should I try that roast chicken, go for the pasta, go for one of the SPML, or wait and hope for the best (I usually like the AA fish dishes when they have them so miss that option) Thanks in advance!

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 14, 2022 at 1:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.