Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Sep 19, 22, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAway View Post
Quick follow up on the return STS-DFW - similar box meal, but this time it was a steak sandwich, which was tasty.

The notable part of the trip:
When I ordered my Vodka/Aha, the FA asked if I wanted any berries with it. I asked “y’all have berries now ?!” And he explained that he used to be a bartender and so he brings garnished such as berries, citrus, and celery on his flights so he can make proper cocktails.
Very nice and why I carry the appreciation certs in my bag.
ryanbriar and keyw like this.
Old Sep 19, 22, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Raralith View Post
Very nice and why I carry the appreciation certs in my bag.
He got two
Raralith likes this.
Old Sep 19, 22, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
A downgrade for JFK/LGA-MIA, as well, unless those have been getting hot meals already as an exception?
It appears so unless there are carve outs as there were pre-COVID, which I dont believe there are.

Add BOS to the list of continued downgrades when compared to pre-COVID. Falls short by 40 miles and used to receive a hot meal.
Old Sep 19, 22, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by tstauck View Post
Question on pre-order, I'm using the AA app for a flight DFW-BTV in 2 weeks, Every time I try to reserve a meal I get the message "our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later". However I try again later that day, or even a day later and receive the same message

Any thoughts on the issue?

TIA!
Regional flights dont have pre order
AAway likes this.
Old Sep 19, 22, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA: CK
MEX-PHX
Dinner
  • Friendly but exceedingly slow service from super nice FA.
  • She served each per drink, then nuts, then full meal, one at a time. I was the last to be served, and it was 90 mins from wheels up to first drink. I don't know why she did it that way.
  • Salmon was excellent. Other option was eggplant something, which looked good.
  • Dessert was delicious!
  • Bread not warmed, in all that time!
  • God I love the butter served ex-MEX, next time going to get the brand and buy it at home.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Sep 19, 22 at 10:56 pm
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
On my upcoming CLT-OMA flight, I have an option of "CAJUN CHICKEN SALAD - Cajun seasoned chicken on mixed greens with charred corn, sliced egg, diced tomatoes and cotija cheese". Anyone have this? Thoughts on it?
Old Sep 20, 22, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; AS MVP Gold, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by nineworldseries View Post
8/27/22, DFW-CMH, 5:30 pm departure

Southwestern Shrimp Salad or Vegetarian cheese and hummus croissant. Of course, served with the salad, there is another orzo salad. The croissant did not look appetizing.

This should give you an idea of a typical AA salad. It will come with another salad for sure.
Old Sep 20, 22, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by keyw View Post
Regional flights dont have pre order
Ok - that explains it and thank you!
keyw likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
September 18

AA 2046 SJC-DFW 1208-1740 737-800

PDB of OJ or Water (boo)

Glad to get the mixed nuts service on this lunch flight

The lasanga was very good and a really large portion which I appreciated

Choice of cheese plate or ice cream. Proactive coffee service too. Service was amazing

AA 1605 DFW-RDU 1948-2233 A-321

No PDB

I passed on both. Pathetic that this is "dinner" after the lunch above.
chrisny2, ryanbriar and Raralith like this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AAway View Post
He got two
I'm not sure that the regional carriers are able to use the certs. I have a vague memory of asking about it and being told they are not eligible. That said, they always seem to be appreciated.
Old Sep 20, 22, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Rebob View Post
I'm not sure that the regional carriers are able to use the certs. I have a vague memory of asking about it and being told they are not eligible. That said, they always seem to be appreciated.
He was on an Envoy flight. They are company owned. Company owned regionals are able to use them. Contract (SkyWest, Republic, Mesa) cannot.
AAway likes this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
A downgrade for JFK/LGA-MIA, as well, unless those have been getting hot meals already as an exception?
Are there any "exception" markets any more? Routes like NYC-ORD and ORD-DFW were exception meal routes pre-Covid. Now both are beverage service at all times.
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
Are there any "exception" markets any more? Routes like NYC-ORD and ORD-DFW were exception meal routes pre-Covid. Now both are beverage service at all times.
They ceased with Covid and no sign of returning.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GNRMatt View Post
On my upcoming CLT-OMA flight, I have an option of "CAJUN CHICKEN SALAD - Cajun seasoned chicken on mixed greens with charred corn, sliced egg, diced tomatoes and cotija cheese". Anyone have this? Thoughts on it?
I had it last night. It was actually quite good and filing. It came with hummus/crackers and a chocolate Bundt cake. I got a picture that I'll try to post later.
GNRMatt likes this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 9:18 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
ORD/DCA was one of those and I was frequent on that. I had some great experience on dinner flights. FAs were super efficient. PDBs on the ground, take our dinner and drink order out of 10,000 and you could already smell the meals and bread. Drinks were out before level off. Dinner trays followed by hot bread basket. Enough time for a second round of drinks. By decent into DCA, fresh baked cookies (dating myself) and my usual desert drink of Bailey's on the rocks.
Fly'nAAgain and chrisny2 like this.

Search this Thread