Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2022, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
IME, it needs to be the first thing you do after logging in and accessing your reservation (i.e. don't open the seat map first, or any other link). Have had this happen to me, but that seems to have been my work around haha
tstauck likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
Did MIA ORD and MIA PHL (both over 900 miles) a few days ago and both had cold meals
pAAthetic. I'd write an email to AA. Not that any meal has been spectacular but they can have hot meals on those flights.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
It's now 900 miles and up for meals, as of a few days ago (I believe 9/14).
I don't think this is right. DFW-MEX (935 miles) still showing the same crap cold options for later this week. Funny enough, MEX-DFW is always full hot meal, because MEX can't cater the cold meals for some reason.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
I don't think this is right. DFW-MEX (935 miles) still showing the same crap cold options for later this week. Funny enough, MEX-DFW is always full hot meal, because MEX can't cater the cold meals for some reason.
Right, I think that's due to MEX outstation.

Did AA come out and say "cold meals 900-1300?" PHL-MIA was always a hot meal and sure enough, it's basically "lunch" options which are sad enough for lunch, and really ridiculous for dinner. Greek salad with no protein for dinner? That's sad.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by airb330
Right, I think that's due to MEX outstation.

Did AA come out and say "cold meals 900-1300?" PHL-MIA was always a hot meal and sure enough, it's basically "lunch" options which are sad enough for lunch, and really ridiculous for dinner. Greek salad with no protein for dinner? That's sad.
Truly, I don’t understand your post. What is due to MEX being an outstation? I stated two things. And I’m not sure what your rhetorical question in your second paragraph is supposed to mean.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I have several < 1500 mi meal flights in the next few weeks, including DCA-MIA, DCA-DFW, and DFW-DCA. All of them have cold options with what appears to be the same poor crap they had before.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum

Has anyone seen this on a regular, non-premium domestic flight recently? 3 standard (non special) options -- 1 hot protein, 1 hot vegetarian, 1 cold vegetarian? The flight is a little over 2,000 miles (DCA-LAS in October), so it's not even in the enhanced long domestic tier -- it should have the same catering as any other 1,500+ mile flight. Interestingly, no special meal options offered as on my other flights recently though.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
I should have clarified, that 900 to 1299 miles is cold meals. It's 1300+ for hot meals, so a minor improvement over pre-9/14:

BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Truly, I don’t understand your post. What is due to MEX being an outstation? I stated two things. And I’m not sure what your rhetorical question in your second paragraph is supposed to mean.
You stated MEX gets hot meals. It does because it doesn't do cold meals with AA. You answered your own question here, that's why it's getting hot meals.

Truly, I won't explain more.

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
I should have clarified, that 900 to 1299 miles is cold meals. It's 1300+ for hot meals, so a minor improvement over pre-9/14:

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1569642166007349248
Seems like a downgrade for EWR/PHL/ORD-MIA. They were hot meals pre-pandemic and from late 2021 onwards. I suppose those flights were always a carve out of the official policy?
cmd320 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:02 am
Suspended

You stated MEX gets hot meals. It does because it doesn't do cold meals with AA. You answered your own question here, that's why it's getting hot meals.

Truly, I won't explain more.
Got it. Didn't know if you were referring to my comment about DFW-MEX or MEX-DFW. I don't understand the reason LatAm outstations can't do cold meals, but I certainly appreciate it!
airb330 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
So, to summarize the last few posts: The domestic hot meal cutoff has been improved from 1500 to 1300 miles? Is that correct?

That would put DFW - NYC/SFO back in play for hot meals but still provide a disgusting, crap cold meal on other key DFW business markets like QLA/WAS.

PHL is an interesting edge case. DFW-PHL shows 1303 sm per one data source.

What do you think the odds are that AA can find a different geographic datum putting PHL-DFW at 1299 miles?
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Herb687
So, to summarize the last few posts: The domestic hot meal cutoff has been improved from 1500 to 1300 miles? Is that correct?

That would put DFW - NYC/SFO back in play for hot meals but still provide a disgusting, crap cold meal on other key DFW business markets like QLA/WAS.

PHL is an interesting edge case. DFW-PHL shows 1303 sm per one data source.

What do you think the odds are that AA can find a different geographic datum putting PHL-DFW at 1299 miles?
Well I think they’re going by the 1303 considering the fact that my post raised some questions about the hot meal cutoff and it was because my PHL-DFW flight that’s under 1500 miles has hot meals. Wouldn’t have been surprised if AA pulled some trickery to try and pull that though, definitely wouldn’t be the first time they’re notorious for cutting corners and severely degrading the pax experience…
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Wouldn’t have been surprised if AA pulled some trickery to try and pull that though, definitely wouldn’t be the first time they’re notorious for cutting corners and severely degrading the pax experience…
It's the AA way!

Going for great barely tolerable.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by AAway
Chicken couscous salad box on DFW-STS. I believe this is the longest American Eagle flight so probably the best as the food gets on Eagle. The food was all really tasty although the presentation is obviously SO 2020.

Full bar PDB and plenty of refills in the air from the friendly senior MQ FA.
Quick follow up on the return STS-DFW - similar box meal, but this time it was a steak sandwich, which was tasty.

The notable part of the trip:
When I ordered my Vodka/Aha, the FA asked if I wanted any berries with it. I asked “y’all have berries now ?!” And he explained that he used to be a bartender and so he brings garnished such as berries, citrus, and celery on his flights so he can make proper cocktails.

Old Sep 19, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Seems like a downgrade for EWR/PHL/ORD-MIA. They were hot meals pre-pandemic and from late 2021 onwards. I suppose those flights were always a carve out of the official policy?
A downgrade for JFK/LGA-MIA, as well, unless those have been getting hot meals already as an exception?

Last edited by DMPHL; Sep 19, 2022 at 5:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.