Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:20 am

What A321 seat map is this? I can’t find it on seat guru. What seat would you pick?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by LeastP
What A321 seat map is this? I can’t find it on seat guru. What seat would you pick?
I would pick one of the orange ones at T-24.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by LeastP
SeatGuru is worthless!

For accurate seat maps, use aeroLOPA, which was created by one of our moderators.

This seat map is of the Oasis/Kodiak version of the A321ceo (not the neo). Rows 11 and 24 have the best coach seats.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Same on-board experience with:

Access to Flagship First Check-in, available at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, and ORD
Access to Flagship First Dining, available at DFW, JFK, and MIA
Access to the Arrivals Lounge at LHR
A third checked bag
Isnt that included with one world emerald/exp?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
SeatGuru is worthless!

For accurate seat maps, use aeroLOPA, which was created by one of our moderators.

This seat map is of the Oasis/Kodiak version of the A321ceo (not the neo). Rows 11 and 24 have the best coach seats.
Thank you for the recommendation and new tool, aeroLOPA looks to be much nicer than seatguru! I snagged 11D
TWA884 likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Question on the AA Status Qualification Period. Am I correct in my understanding that the qualification year is now 1 March to 28 February rather than 1 Jan to 31 Dec? So I don't have to hit the LP mark by 31 December this year but actually have until 28 February of next year for LP activity to hit the status threshold (including flights and CC spend, along with other forms of LP earning)?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:04 pm

Are LP credited by date earned or date posted?

I have a trip coming up which includes two hotel stays through bookAahotels.com. The mileage from the hotels will push me into platinum pro. Hotel stay 1 ends 2 weeks before my flight home, #2 ends the day I fly home.

I’m guessing I haven’t got a prayer of getting either hotel stay ultimately credited before my flight home so I can get the higher mileage multiplier. But—is it possible to go back and ask aa to adjust my LPs for my flight home retroactively once the hotel miles post, since they were earned before my return flight?

Also, when traveling on a OW (Iberia) marketed flight on ow airlines in business-IB,QR,BA and AA-is the status multiplier applied to the base miles, or the miles with the cabin class multiplier? My tickets are all I.

tia for both
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by wijibintheair
Thanks for your reply - but I am based in the UK so not as easy - wonder if it works on takeaway orders could send a pancake to a friend
AA dining has several options in my area at least that offer online ordering and delivery.
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by wrp96
AA dining has several options in my area at least that offer online ordering and delivery.
Unfortunately, AAdvantage Dining requires that any credit cards registered for the program be issued by U.S. banks.
wijibintheair likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
So finally AA changed my MIA-AUS-LAX flight time and I managed to be able to change to direct Y AA1885 MIA-LAX after calling the call centre. It is on their B787-800. Somehow they booked me in seat 7J/L and 8J/L. Is that the Premium Economy seats as that's what it looked like in seatguru? I never bought Main Cabin Extra but did put in my QR Gold number (but my other family member inc kids have no status). Did I just hit the jackpot or is that what is entitled as OWS?

Also as QR Gold can the whole family of 4 (2 kids aged 10 and 7) can enter Admiral Lounge at MIA? My ticket is AAward if this helps.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
So finally AA changed my MIA-AUS-LAX flight time and I managed to be able to change to direct Y AA1885 MIA-LAX after calling the call centre. It is on their B787-800. Somehow they booked me in seat 7J/L and 8J/L. Is that the Premium Economy seats as that's what it looked like in seatguru? I never bought Main Cabin Extra but did put in my QR Gold number (but my other family member inc kids have no status). Did I just hit the jackpot or is that what is entitled as OWS?
On flights where they don't sell premium economy, those seats are treated as main cabin extra. As OWS you have access to Main Cabin Extra at booking along with the rest of your party.

Also as QR Gold can the whole family of 4 (2 kids aged 10 and 7) can enter Admiral Lounge at MIA? My ticket is AAward if this helps.
As a non-AA/AS OWS, you plus one guest can access either the Flagship Lounge or the Admirals Club at MIA and LAX. You wouldn't be able to guest your entire family in though as it's one guest only. You could buy day passes for the Admirals Club for the two kids but I don't know that it would be worth it.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by guv1976
No: you just need to ensure that your AAdvantage number is in your reservation record, regardless of booking channel.
Any idea how long it usually takes for the miles to post to aa.com?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AirricK11
Any idea how long it usually takes for the miles to post to aa.com?
If you are talking about miles earned from the flights, they post very quickly once you complete the flight- within a day or two.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Is there a way to search for upgrade availability on aa.com for mileage upgrades (domestic itinerary, upgrade with miles and copay)? General AA member here.

I know you have to call Reservations to request it, but am shopping for flights and wanted to see if there is a way to tell a confirmed upgrade is available on aa.com before purchasing the ticket and calling to request an upgrade / get on the waitlist.

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by John26
Is there a way to search for upgrade availability on aa.com for mileage upgrades (domestic itinerary, upgrade with miles and copay)? General AA member here.

I know you have to call Reservations to request it, but am shopping for flights and wanted to see if there is a way to tell a confirmed upgrade is available on aa.com before purchasing the ticket and calling to request an upgrade / get on the waitlist.

Thanks!
This functionality at aa.com is only available to EXP's who have SWU's in their account AFAIK.

The paid subscription to ExpertFlyer is hands down the best way to search for upgrade space though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.