Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2022, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by geckoflyer
The AA website is confusing me a tad bit. I’m flying CHS-MIA in F followed by MIA-LIR (Costa Rica) in J. Will I have access to any lounges in MIA? If so, which one is best?
You will have access to the Admirals Club. I don't know if both of them are open but there's not much difference between the two.
geckoflyer and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
I know from personal experience that Basic Economy fares are upgradeable. I also remember that I couldn't do it online with the app but I was able to do it using the computer. You may want to spend time on making a phone call to AA if the issue continues.
will do! Thanks. Will save me $85 i can use on something else for my trip.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:01 pm

Executive Platinum qualification

Hello, I reached EP renewal last year but now I’m close to hitting actual EP for the 2020 qualifications ( it still shows that qualification on my app)
will I get the elite choice award for EP if I hit the actually qualification before end of January?
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by arablife77
Hello, I reached EP renewal last year but now I’m close to hitting actual EP for the 2020 qualifications ( it still shows that qualification on my app)
will I get the elite choice award for EP if I hit the actually qualification before end of January?
Yes. Even if you hit it before the end of February.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by vasantn
Yes. Even if you hit it before the end of February.
oh that’s amazing! Gonna pay for that first class upgrade I guess to get the EP choice!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:59 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
SWUs expiring July 31, 2022.

Per title, before calling AA again (tried that, long wait time, despite AA said it will call back in vain), does anyone know or have experienced with SWU expiration date extended? I still have 8.
Appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Per title, before calling AA again (tried that, long wait time, despite AA said it will call back in vain), does anyone know or have experienced with SWU expiration date extended? I still have 8.
Appreciate your help. Thanks!
Unless you happen to be a very high value customer AA is not going to just extend the expiration date of your SWU's by calling and asking. Otherwise, everyone would be doing that.

And no one here will know whether AA might extend the expiration date again on the 7/31/22 expiring SWU's, but I would highly doubt it, given that they've already extended them 2 or 3 times over the past 2 years.
allset2travel likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by geckoflyer
The AA website is confusing me a tad bit. I’m flying CHS-MIA in F followed by MIA-LIR (Costa Rica) in J. Will I have access to any lounges in MIA? If so, which one is best?
FYI - The D15 lounge was "temporarily closed" when I was there on Saturday evening, and everyone was crowded into the D30 lounge.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
FYI - The D15 lounge was "temporarily closed" when I was there on Saturday evening, and everyone was crowded into the D30 lounge.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 12:43 pm

I'm trying to book a work trip and have to use Concur. I'm looking at an IHG hotel and want to attach my AA account. Is there a way to do this on Concur so I can get the AA LoyaltyPoints? Or do I just attach my AA account to my IHG account on the IGH site?
Old Jan 18, 2022, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by LeastP
I'm trying to book a work trip and have to use Concur. I'm looking at an IHG hotel and want to attach my AA account. Is there a way to do this on Concur so I can get the AA LoyaltyPoints? Or do I just attach my AA account to my IHG account on the IGH site?
That wouldn't have anything to do with Concur, other than making sure your IHG number is correct and on the reservation. Just make sure your IHG account is setup to credit AA miles (on the IHG site).
MathMusic and LeastP like this.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I am AS MVP so when booking on AA I get MCE for free at check-in. If I book an AA flight operated by JetBlue Airways, would I be able to get their "Even More Space" seats for free at check-in?

-J.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 6:17 pm

I am looking to book an award flight to maui, hi in december 2022 or February 2023, the first week of December is pricing out at 50k one way for economy. For comparison winter/spring 2022 has 20 or 22.5 one way, is this a new pricing structure or inflated prices as we are over 300 days out?
Old Jan 19, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
How fast does AA apply status? If I fly on Friday morning to push me over my EQD (2021) limit, will I show as Gold by Sunday at noon to try and use some stickers for an upgrade, and check a bag?

Thanks! Not quite a newbie but it's been a while.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 12:19 am

Programs: American Airlines
I looked into the new AA loyalty program and am confused on how it works. I'm currently a gold member and have the platinum select credit card. I think that miles and loyalty points are earned by spend both on flights and regular spend but how much is required for each section now? And since I have the platinum select are gas and restaurant purchases doubled still?

Thanks for the clarification!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.