Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEWBIE LOUNGE 2022-2023: Ask AA newbie questions here - flame-free thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hi, does anybody know how unaccompanied minor works with AA? We have group of 4 almost 15 years old and even it should not be required for MUC-CLT-MCO and back, their parents want to have someone look after them during whole journey. I can see that the ticket must be booked over the phone and the fee is 150 USD each way, but for every pax or for a group? (For example DL has a fee for group up to 4 pax). I am on AA chat but for hours still third in line. Thanks everyone
Old May 26, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Hi, does anybody know how unaccompanied minor works with AA? We have group of 4 almost 15 years old and even it should not be required for MUC-CLT-MCO and back, their parents want to have someone look after them during whole journey. I can see that the ticket must be booked over the phone and the fee is 150 USD each way, but for every pax or for a group? (For example DL has a fee for group up to 4 pax). I am on AA chat but for hours still third in line. Thanks everyone
From aa.com:

"We charge a $150 unaccompanied service fee (plus tax, where applicable) each way, in addition to the ticket price. This fee covers additional siblings on the same flight." (Emphasis added.)

Since it appears that the four traveling together are not "siblings" (unless they are quadruplets), I would expect to pay a separate fee for each passenger. But it never hurts to ask.
Old May 27, 2022, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by guv1976
From aa.com:

"We charge a $150 unaccompanied service fee (plus tax, where applicable) each way, in addition to the ticket price. This fee covers additional siblings on the same flight." (Emphasis added.)

Since it appears that the four traveling together are not "siblings" (unless they are quadruplets), I would expect to pay a separate fee for each passenger. But it never hurts to ask.
Thank you, it indeed is 300 USD per pax per rt trip. Quite pricey for a group. It is a bit of mess, UA has the fee for group up to 2 but only on nonstop, DL up to 4....We booking AA at the end.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: Unloyal, disloyal
DFW-MEX in Business. Does that give Flagship Lounge access? Just lounge, not dining.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by on-a-stick
DFW-MEX in Business. Does that give Flagship Lounge access? Just lounge, not dining.
Not anymore. Just AC access.
on-a-stick likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Unloyal, disloyal
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Not anymore. Just AC access.
Oh well. Better than nothing. Thank you!
Old May 27, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
From aa.com:

so it was to be separate fee for each passenger but when I actually went to pay for the flights and add the service, the agent quoted me only 300 (no tax either, which other agent mentioned). Surprising that I was charged without the service fee added and there is not any signal of added service in MMB? But I guess we just put one agent for them and the rest will follow the flow. After all Munich is okay and Charlotte can not be that big.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
Hi!! Does anyone know what benefits I'll get as a AA Gold on BA? Specifically, I'd like to fly Economy MXP-LON and need two checked bags, so I was wondering if I could get those for free.

Also, will I be able to select any emergency exit / extra legroom seats upon check in as in AA?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA - EXP
Hello!

Upgrade question - If I book a flight on Qantas.com that is JFK - LAX (AA metal QF ticket) then LAX - SYD (QF metal QF ticket) will I be able to be on the upgrade list for the JFK-LAX as an EXP?

Thank you!
Old May 27, 2022, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by 777lover
double check tht your BE fare is changeable or able to be converted to a credit. Some are not.
Originally Posted by thatmikereed
Specifically: Basic Economy fares bought on or after April 1, 2021, are non-refundable and non-changeable for flights originating in North America, South America and certain countries in Asia. For flights originating outside North or South America the no change fee applies, but you may owe a difference in ticket price
This is what I am unsure of. I am not interested in getting a refund (ie: cash/credit card refund) and I would not be interested in changing the flight itself (ie: different time/date). I would only be interested in canceling the flight in its entirety, getting flight/trip credit and using that towards a future flight.
Old May 27, 2022, 11:36 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Do reservations just disappear? Do I have to keep the record locators/ticket numbers with me all the time (and not rely on the app)?

Reservations I made ~6 months ago didn't showing up in my app when I checked my app.
I had penned the flights onto my calendar. I made note of just the route and times.
The flight I booked had a schedule change but am I expect that it doesn't show in my app. The same thing has happened to me on AS.

Thank you.
Old May 28, 2022, 7:09 pm

I'm a little rusty with my AA award rules.

If I booked DOH-ZRH-MAD on miles is it possible to have the agent drop just the ZRH-MAD segment without cancelling the entire award? I guess I could also not fly the ZRH-MAD segment when the time comes but I'd rather cancel it now.

Thanks!
Old May 29, 2022, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
I'm a little rusty with my AA award rules.

If I booked DOH-ZRH-MAD on miles is it possible to have the agent drop just the ZRH-MAD segment without cancelling the entire award? I guess I could also not fly the ZRH-MAD segment when the time comes but I'd rather cancel it now.

Thanks!
Should not be a problem as long as it wasn't booked as married segments (of which there's really no way to tell at this point). So you just need to give AA a call.
iluvdoco likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Do reservations just disappear? Do I have to keep the record locators/ticket numbers with me all the time (and not rely on the app)?

Reservations I made ~6 months ago didn't showing up in my app when I checked my app.
I had penned the flights onto my calendar. I made note of just the route and times.
The flight I booked had a schedule change but am I expect that it doesn't show in my app. The same thing has happened to me on AS.
No this is not normal, as long as your AA# is correctly included in the reservation then they should show up online and in the app I'd you're signed in.
Old May 29, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by asar
Hi!! Does anyone know what benefits I'll get as a AA Gold on BA? Specifically, I'd like to fly Economy MXP-LON and need two checked bags, so I was wondering if I could get those for free.

Also, will I be able to select any emergency exit / extra legroom seats upon check in as in AA?
As to baggage, AA Gold > oneworld Ruby which in and of itself does not trigger any complimentary checked bags, but this page (which also has that information about oneworld baggage benefits) has a baggage calculator: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...age-allowances

As to seat selection, oneworld Ruby does provide an advance seat selection benefit, in that you can select seats free of charge 7 days prior to departure (though, to your point, this excludes exit row). More details here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ving-your-seat (see the dropdown for "Executive Club Members")

You will also have priority check-in and priority boarding.

For all benefits, just make sure your AA number is attached to your BA reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.