Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Partner Airline Loyalty Point & Miles Earning Charts 2022 are Live

Partner Airline Loyalty Point & Miles Earning Charts 2022 are Live

Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Doing the math for a typical recent vacation trip for me--$1100 in discount PE.
I should be EXP next year (assuming my flights on BA in November get credited as expected...).
Assume ticket price is roughly the same on AA and [let's say] BA, and assuming distance of 3500 transatlantic + 500 [actual miles to destination], how many LP would the trip yield in AA vs BA?
AA: 1100*11 = 12100 [assuming LP for full value of ticket--probably not quite right, but let's keep it simple for now]
BA: 8000 miles RT + 120% elite bonus = 8000 + 9600 = 17600?
Or am I missing something here? Or do I need to just book a trip and see what happens?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rjflies
Doing the math for a typical recent vacation trip for me--$1100 in discount PE.
I should be EXP next year (assuming my flights on BA in November get credited as expected...).
Assume ticket price is roughly the same on AA and [let's say] BA, and assuming distance of 3500 transatlantic + 500 [actual miles to destination], how many LP would the trip yield in AA vs BA?
AA: 1100*11 = 12100 [assuming LP for full value of ticket--probably not quite right, but let's keep it simple for now]
BA: 8000 miles RT + 120% elite bonus = 8000 + 9600 = 17600?
Or am I missing something here? Or do I need to just book a trip and see what happens?
You will earn more LPs on a $1100 TATL ticket in PE on BA ticket stock, than with AA. It's really no different than with the elite qualification structure that is now expiring. However, keep in mind that the intra-Europe flights with a PE ticket are in coach. And use those earnings. Some of which use a booking code that only start off with a 50% RDM earning, not 100%. Then add the 120% EXP bonus to that.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Fanjet
You will earn more LPs on a $1100 TATL ticket in PE on BA ticket stock, than with AA. It's really no different than with the elite qualification structure that is now expiring. However, keep in mind that the intra-Europe flights with a PE ticket are in coach. And use those earnings. Some of which use a booking code that only start off with a 50% RDM earning, not 100%.
Yup-thanks--same as now (where EQD/EQM are lower for the intra-Europe segments. But it does still seem that flying the partners will be advantageous.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Mixed AA abd BA booking

For purchased booking in I class (bought on AA.com) ORD LHR SOF LHR LAX the ORD LHR and LHR LAX flights are AA marketed on BA metal with LHR SOF LHR flights are purely BA marketed and metal. How does one calculate the LPs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.