Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Priority luggage on arrival in New York from Miami

American Priority luggage on arrival in New York from Miami

Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redtop43
I'd like to report that a few years ago, I retrieved one of my bags in a condition that strongly suggested that it had been run over by a vehicle of some sort. Some of the items in my kit bag were crushed while others weren't. The internal hook that keeps the items in place (it was a garment bag) were bent with a force far beyond that of a human.

AA reimbursed me to replace the bag.

So for genuine severe damage, they do make good.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Interesting. I will see what the bag looks like after it has been cleaned.

Your situation was worse than ours. At least our bags were not run over by a bulldozer.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
So any reader of this post on the AA board (800+ views so far) can call and offer to come over and clean the bags in return for a modest fee?

Or someone could case the block and wait until youve gone out and then theyll pop over and clean your entire apartment out.

Heck they could even call you and say Sami has had an accident and you need to get to the hospital stat to get you out of the way.

For goodness sake never put a tag on your bag with your name, address and contact details. Put them inside.

And never post them on the internet! I bet youre the sort of person who answers those quizzes on Facebook that try and get answers to to help them guess your passwords
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bretteee
When Air Canada lost my suitcase and never found it again they offered me $900 though the maximum allowed at the time was $1,600 and the value of what was lost was over that amount.
Thanks to Small Claims Court I got the maximum.

Now that was a lot worse than filth on the suitcase. Other than that in the past 67 years of air travel I never experienced any problems except delays with about 2 connections.
My sister once accidentally went home with a nuns suitcase and immediately took it back to the airport.
Ok, you've flown for 67 years. Cool.

We've explained what the point of priority bags are. We've explained what the limitations on coverage are.

​​​​​​If you're unhappy, feel free to go somewhere else. And I say this solely for your future happiness; whether AA gets or loses your business is irrelevant to my life. AA won't cover dirt on a bag.
mrow likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately I no longer live in Brighton. I would have hired you on the spot to clean the bags had I still lived there. Thanks for the offer.
First it's not my permanent address and you would be surprised how many guards they have in some New York buildings. It's like a fortress, unlike in Brighton
where anyone can pop in without an invitation.

Because of the fancy Priority label do you think they will pop over when I am not home as they will think there is tons of stuff to pinch?

The only time my flat was robbed was when I lived in London.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:16 am
Original Poster

This luggage is not Louis Vuitton. Far, far from it. I would never bring attention to myself with that type of luggage nor spend that type of money.
It's great luggage as one can put so much inside it. Generally they last a long time unless you fly American and get a fancy red label put on it.

It's the first time this has ever happened to me in 67 years of plane travel.

We did indeed discuss that we should maybe buy even cheaper luggage or possibly metal ones; not fabric.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 1:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bse118
Also: those Delta bag tags seem to have your home(?) address and a phone number on them. I'd suggest you might want to edit the photos so that your personal info is not posted on an open public website...
I was thinking the same about the address labels.
I was worried that everyone is going to want to grab / run off with these suitcases because they are so attractive.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:28 am
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
This is what a damaged bag looks like:

- Cut open along the zipper
- Somewhat valuable content stolen
- Bag taped up
- Bag put in cardboard box and shipped back to my house by the airline.

But at least it wasn't a little bit dirty, and that's all that matters, right?

Your uneducated rants about this not happening if you didn't use Delta address tags or if the bags didn't have priority tags come off a lot more like "I recently flew for the first time in 67 years and I therefore don't understand how air travel works" than "I have flown for 67 years"...
You clearly don't understand the difference between a slightly dirty bag and a damaged bag. Each post you make only serves to embarrass yourself further.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I can’t help reading this and coming to the conclusion that you are trying to act like a troll Bretteee. You have been given good advice and info from quite a few well informed contributors to this forum, but do not seem to be taking this on board. What is it that you hope to achieve from your posts? Perhaps if you articulate this we can help you better?
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
Not sure the DL tags are real, 2 different addresses, unless either its his kid, ex, parent etc etc
Had you read what I said you would have noticed there were TWO SUITCASES; one was mine and the other belonged to my sister.
No I did not double the picture of the same suitcase and change the address label to make it look like 2 suitcases.

There were actually TWO suitcases.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrow
I cant help reading this and coming to the conclusion that you are trying to act like a troll Bretteee. You have been given good advice and info from quite a few well informed contributors to this forum, but do not seem to be taking this on board. What is it that you hope to achieve from your posts? Perhaps if you articulate this we can help you better?
What am I trying to say? Guess????? Use your kop.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger

- Bag taped up

Your uneducated rants about this not happening if you didn't use Delta address tags or if the bags didn't have priority tags come off a lot more like "I recently flew for the first time in 67 years and I therefore don't understand how air travel works" than "I have flown for 67 years"...
You clearly don't understand the difference between a slightly dirty bag and a damaged bag. Each post you make only serves to embarrass yourself further.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

There are different types of damage.

If the dirt is unremovable it is damaged. Do you walk around in a stained shirt? Maybe you do. I don't.

I will know in a week if the Filth / oil / dirt is permanently ingrained in the fabric.
If it is it is permanently damaged.

The Judge will decide. Not me.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Bretteee
There are different types of damage.

If the dirt is unremovable it is damaged. Do you walk around in a stained shirt? Maybe you do. I don't.

I will know in a week if the Filth / oil / dirt is permanently ingrained in the fabric.
If it is it is permanently damaged.

The Judge will decide. Not me.
Judge? Lolwhat

This is getting really stupid.
bse118 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Jan 1, 2022, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger

- Bag taped up

It is far from being "slightly dirty." If the filth comes out one could say it is slightly dirty after spending $150 to clean each bag.

If the filth does not come out it is damaged.

The Judge will decide. Not me. Neither American

Yes I took my first flight in 1954. And one last week.; my second flight in 2021. How did you guess?

I only travel transatlantic by ship and in the USA on AMTRAK. Smart.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.