FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Finding your Admirals Club credentials on the app (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2062767-finding-your-admirals-club-credentials-app.html)

zrs70 Dec 20, 2021 11:21 pm

Finding your Admirals Club credentials on the app

Can someone help me navigate how to find my digital card or simple my membership info on the app? Thanks in advance!

Fly'nAAgain Dec 21, 2021 7:17 am

I don't think the app has an Admirals Club card or credentials. The only thing I've been able to do is use my boarding pass to gain entry to a club

econometrics Dec 21, 2021 8:30 am

Yes, they used to have a feature in the app where you could check-in and it would display an entry key. I haven't seen that for a while, though.

In DFW, they are trialing a new facial recognition system for AC entry, too.

jamabam Dec 21, 2021 8:34 am

Originally Posted by econometrics (Post 33831759)
Yes, they used to have a feature in the app where you could check-in and it would display an entry key. I haven't seen that for a while, though.

In DFW, they are trialing a new facial recognition system for AC entry, too.

Facial recognition?? Great, another variable in an already complicated environment. What has been so hard with scanning a BP that they are wasting time and money on something like that? Would love their tech team to instead work on some of the other hundreds of pain points we have to put up with.

AB Dada Dec 21, 2021 9:16 am

I think they're switching to face ID because it's so easy to screenshot your boarding pass and let other folks enter.

_kurt Dec 21, 2021 9:53 am

Originally Posted by AB Dada (Post 33831899)
I think they're switching to face ID because it's so easy to screenshot your boarding pass and let other folks enter.

IME most / all ACs request a photo ID in addition to boarding pass, unless you have your photo on file with them.

TWA884 Dec 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by zrs70 (Post 33830866)
Can someone help me navigate how to find my digital card or simple my membership info on the app? Thanks in advance!

There is no digital Admirals Club membership info, only a digital AAdvantage Card. Your Admirals Club membership is linked to your AAdvantage number.

From the home page of the app click on the rectangle at the top displaying your name, status and available award miles. Swipe up the arrow ^ at the bottom of the app where it also has links to "Promotions" and "Wallet." At the very bottom, there is a link to "View AAdvantage card."

kyleclogan Dec 21, 2021 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by _kurt (Post 33832028)
IME most / all ACs request a photo ID in addition to boarding pass, unless you have your photo on file with them.

Maybe it’s just a gap in my memory, but I do not believe AA took my photo when I signed up (purchased in club on a meltdown day so things were crazy). Have scanned my boarding pass ~10 times in the last couple months at various airports, and have never been asked for ID

ESpen36 Dec 21, 2021 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by kyleclogan (Post 33833522)
Maybe it’s just a gap in my memory, but I do not believe AA took my photo when I signed up (purchased in club on a meltdown day so things were crazy). Have scanned my boarding pass ~10 times in the last couple months at various airports, and have never been asked for ID

They must have scanned your photo ID at some point when you showed it, so it is in their system. Mine pops up on the agent's screen automatically as soon as I scan my boarding pass or EXP card.

TWA884 Dec 21, 2021 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 33833626)
They must have scanned your photo ID at some point when you showed it, so it is in their system.

Shortly after I got the Citi Executive MasterCard, I was asked for permission to have my driver license scanned when I entered the club in order that I won't have to present a photo ID every time that I used the club.

kyleclogan Dec 21, 2021 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 33833626)
They must have scanned your photo ID at some point when you showed it, so it is in their system. Mine pops up on the agent's screen automatically as soon as I scan my boarding pass or EXP card.

You and TWA884 are correct. Thanks for the memory jog.

mvoight Dec 21, 2021 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by jamabam (Post 33831774)
Facial recognition?? Great, another variable in an already complicated environment. What has been so hard with scanning a BP that they are wasting time and money on something like that? Would love their tech team to instead work on some of the other hundreds of pain points we have to put up with.

I have had zero issues with facial recognition at Port Everglades or International Arrivals at MIA (Global Entry)
Port E was not global entry, but I used the Global Entry kiosk at MIA and it recognized me, without using a card or passport..
So easy, I highly recommend Global Entry

Fly'nAAgain Dec 22, 2021 11:03 am

Facial recognition for DFW club entry is coupled with the Airside app and is independent from the AA app. Facial recognition is ONLY available at DFW clubs; I've used this several times and it works well. I'd be happy for them to roll this feature out to other network clubs.

ZonaFlyer Dec 22, 2021 6:54 pm

When I was a DL elite, they used to print all sorts of stuff on your BP: PNR/status level/SkyClub/Reserve card holder. It was a long line of things for some people. Maybe it counted as recognition.

sushanna1 Mar 20, 2022 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 33833440)
There is no digital Admirals Club membership info, only a digital AAdvantage Card. Your Admirals Club membership is linked to your AAdvantage number.

From the home page of the app click on the rectangle at the top displaying your name, status and available award miles. Swipe up the arrow ^ at the bottom of the app where it also has links to "Promotions" and "Wallet." At the very bottom, there is a link to "View AAdvantage card."

I have been trying to download my AA Advantage membership card from the App on an ipad using the instructions above, but there is no link to "View AAdvantage card." Any advice? Is anyone else having this problem?

Moderators--If this is the wrong place to ask the question, please move.