Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

Finding your Admirals Club credentials on the app

Finding your Admirals Club credentials on the app

Old Mar 20, 22, 2:40 pm
  #16  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 17,604
Originally Posted by sushanna1 View Post
I have been trying to download my AA Advantage membership card from the App on an ipad using the instructions above, but there is no link to "View AAdvantage card." Any advice? Is anyone else having this problem?
The app has been updated since I posted that message and the virtual AAdvantage membership card with the barcode no longer displays in the app. You can print a membership card from AA.com or save a screenshot of it.
sushanna1 likes this.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Mar 20, 22, 5:47 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 442
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
The app has been updated since I posted that message and the virtual AAdvantage membership card with the barcode no longer displays in the app. You can print a membership card from AA.com or save a screenshot of it.
Thanks TWA884. Your instructions worked on my iphone, but not on my ipad.
sushanna1 is offline  
Old Mar 20, 22, 8:12 pm
  #18  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 17,604
Originally Posted by sushanna1 View Post
Thanks TWA884. Your instructions worked on my iphone, but not on my ipad.
They no longer work on my Android phone.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Mar 20, 22, 9:13 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 33,807
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
They no longer work on my Android phone.
I can confirm that the method still works on the iPhone.
jerry a. laska likes this.
vasantn is offline  
Old Mar 20, 22, 10:32 pm
  #20  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 17,604
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
I can confirm that the method still works on the iPhone.
I stand corrected. It is there.

I swiped up from the home page of the app, not after clicking on the rectangle with my name, elite status and available miles.

It's not the most intuitive or user friendly app.
sushanna1 likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 20, 22 at 10:39 pm
TWA884 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 22, 8:57 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 442
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
I stand corrected. It is there.

I swiped up from the home page of the app, not after clicking on the rectangle with my name, elite status and available miles.

It's not the most intuitive or user friendly app.
I agree. Still don''t understand why the app works on my iphone but not on my ipad.
sushanna1 is offline  
Old Mar 21, 22, 2:06 pm
  #22  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by sushanna1 View Post
I agree. Still don''t understand why the app works on my iphone but not on my ipad.
iPad doesn’t have the Apple Wallet app which is what AA’s app uses for boarding passes and for the virtual AAdvantage card.
_kurt is offline  
Old Mar 22, 22, 9:13 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 442
Originally Posted by _kurt View Post
iPad doesnt have the Apple Wallet app which is what AAs app uses for boarding passes and for the virtual AAdvantage card.
Thanks! It should have been obvious, but I am still learning my way around my phone.
sushanna1 is offline  
Old Mar 22, 22, 8:12 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: DTW/EYW
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Posts: 251
Originally Posted by jamabam View Post
Facial recognition?? Great, another variable in an already complicated environment. What has been so hard with scanning a BP that they are wasting time and money on something like that? Would love their tech team to instead work on some of the other hundreds of pain points we have to put up with.
Because Delta started using facial recognition in clubs a year or two ago.
keyw is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread