AAdvantage Dining questions

Old Jan 27, 2023, 12:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
After years of dining miles posting almost immediately, and getting annoying notices to reiview restaurants, suddenly, in 2023, nothing much is posting. I have a few few favorite places I pick up lunch, so it's easy to maintain VIP status. I have made 5 visits to restaurants this month and the only one that has posted is a $3 charge at Jack in the Box when I was driving by and picked up a Diet Coke (and it posted the next day). It's particularly annoying because I'm not used to having to retain receipts. I guess that's now in the past. Anyone know what's going on or having similar experiences? (And yes, the credit cards used are linked with the program.)
Takeout or order in? If it’s takeout, a lot of restaurants use a different company to manage ordering or payment processing which often doesn’t register wit AAdvantage dining.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by hbtr
Takeout or order in? If it’s takeout, a lot of restaurants use a different company to manage ordering or payment processing which often doesn’t register wit AAdvantage dining.
Thanks, that explains most of it. If I produced receipts, would that make a difference, or if it's takeout, is it just a lost cause?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Thanks, that explains most of it. If I produced receipts, would that make a difference, or if it's takeout, is it just a lost cause?
I don’t know if anything has changed but I once requested 30 missed credits (a once weekly takeout for my colleagues’ and my lunches) for takeouts and all got credited. Wish this happened now when they’re LPs.

YMMV - make sure you can show it was on the right card.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
So... a question I pose to the FT Mob of Experts...

Did I make a mistake by making a restaurant purchase on the last day of my billing cycle? I got the $25 credit 7 days later. But a couple of days prior to that, I made another purchase and haven't received my $25 credit which tends to arrive 7 days later.

My plan now is to see if the credit appears on my next statement (Ending Feb 9th). If so, I will not make another restaurant purchase on that card until the cycle closes... Think now I'm only going to get $275 credits... Was aiming to get the $300 max credit...
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
So... a question I pose to the FT Mob of Experts...

Did I make a mistake by making a restaurant purchase on the last day of my billing cycle? I got the $25 credit 7 days later. But a couple of days prior to that, I made another purchase and haven't received my $25 credit which tends to arrive 7 days later.

My plan now is to see if the credit appears on my next statement (Ending Feb 9th). If so, I will not make another restaurant purchase on that card until the cycle closes... Think now I'm only going to get $275 credits... Was aiming to get the $300 max credit...
I think you might be in the wrong thread. AAdvantage Dining awards miles and loyalty points, not billing credits, and it has nothing to do with a billing cycle, as it's a third-party company.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 11:59 pm

if you manually submit a receipt (“missing reward”) which shows the restaurant name and the credit card number (or last 4 digits) of a card that’s registered under your AAdvantage Dining account, they will usually award the points.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
if you manually submit a receipt (“missing reward”) which shows the restaurant name and the credit card number (or last 4 digits) of a card that’s registered under your AAdvantage Dining account, they will usually award the points.
Or a screenshot of the charges as posted on the relevant credit card statement; I usually find that's easier than tracking down individual receipts
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I think you might be in the wrong thread. AAdvantage Dining awards miles and loyalty points, not billing credits, and it has nothing to do with a billing cycle, as it's a third-party company.

Yeah... You're right... wrong thread as this perk pertains to AMEX Plat/ Brillant card holders. I just was hopeful one of the AA AMEX members would read this as no one responded to my post in the AMEX forum a few weeks ago.

Cheers!

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Feb 3, 2023 at 11:02 am Reason: corrected typo
Old Feb 26, 2023, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Anyone else unable to log in or even visit the website for Aadvantage Dining? It says 403 Error, Cache, Forbidden, etc... on multiple devices of mine, I cleared cache, tried a new browser, everything
Old Feb 27, 2023, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Anyone else unable to log in or even visit the website for Aadvantage Dining? It says 403 Error, Cache, Forbidden, etc... on multiple devices of mine, I cleared cache, tried a new browser, everything
no problem for me just now.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
no problem for me just now.
My latest theory is that AADining hates Hyatt's Wifi provider (at least the Regency in Sydney) and so hence using different browsers, phones and cache was worthless. They must have gotten spammed from it at some point or who knows... much like FlyerTalk hates NordVPN and I always have to pause it to use this site
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
After years of dining miles posting almost immediately, and getting annoying notices to reiview restaurants, suddenly, in 2023, nothing much is posting.
I'm having the same problem. I see them in the AAdvantage Dining transaction history with the # of LPs noted, but none of them have actually posted to my AAdvantage account.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Mostly as an experiment, I made small purchases from AAdvantage dining restaurants near my house on both 2/28 and 3/1. It will be interesting to see how the miles/LPs post for each of them.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:00 pm

Does anyone have a recent data point on how long the 1000 point bonus for signing up and dining takes to post onto your AA account? It showed up on my AA Dining account pretty quickly but it’s been a month and the miles still haven’t posted to my AAdvantage account.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by njvandy
Mostly as an experiment, I made small purchases from AAdvantage dining restaurants near my house on both 2/28 and 3/1. It will be interesting to see how the miles/LPs post for each of them.
I'm happy to report this worked exactly as expected. 2/28 purchase earned miles/LPs for program year 2022 and 3/1 purchase earned miles/LPs for program year 2023.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.