AAdvantage Dining questions

Old May 1, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
The actual Apple Card from Goldman Sachs in Apple Pay just can't be used. There is a virtual card number for this in Apple Wallet but that is not the same number as the titanium card. Actually cannot see the full titanium card number. Plus, when using the iPhone to pay with the Apple Card, that is also a separate, hidden number.

Once I used my Discover card loaded into Apple Wallet and didn't get credit for the purchase because, as some have mentioned just up thread, that number is masked and is not in AA eDining database. I was able to get credit from customer service by providing the receipt but I got the impression this was a one-time courtesy, not to be repeated. Going forward I just swipe the Discover card.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure if this is just an error, but Aadvantage Dining used to earn 3x miler per dollar spent and then 5x over a certain threshold of visits (I think 11 visits per year).

I logged in today and saw the following, it's now showing just 1 LP / Mile per dollar spent:

EDIT:
A quick update - I was able to resolve this by removing myself from their emails and re-enabling.

Apparently they only award 1mi per dollar spent if you aren't subscribed to emails.
Old May 22, 2023, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Pinned
Not sure if this is just an error, but Aadvantage Dining used to earn 3x miler per dollar spent and then 5x over a certain threshold of visits (I think 11 visits per year).

I logged in today and saw the following, it's now showing just 1 LP / Mile per dollar spent:

EDIT:
A quick update - I was able to resolve this by removing myself from their emails and re-enabling.

Apparently they only award 1mi per dollar spent if you aren't subscribed to emails.
Yes, you still get 5 miles after 11 visits. Luckily, a couple of my favorite lunch places are part of the program, as well as Jack in the Box, where I'll drive through and get just a soft drink - which also counts toward the 11! Though it's annoying to be asked to review a Diet Coke!
AAway and Pinned like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Yes, you still get 5 miles after 11 visits. Luckily, a couple of my favorite lunch places are part of the program, as well as Jack in the Box, where I'll drive through and get just a soft drink - which also counts toward the 11! Though it's annoying to be asked to review a Diet Coke!
Is there any advantage to doing the review? I used to register cards with iDine, which required a review for earning, but they gutted their rewards so I recently switched to AA dining. I'd just as soon not do the review every time unless there is some benefit to doing so.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Is there any advantage to doing the review? I used to register cards with iDine, which required a review for earning, but they gutted their rewards so I recently switched to AA dining. I'd just as soon not do the review every time unless there is some benefit to doing so.
I don't think there is any aadvantage. They just bug you via emails.
Mr. BoH likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Usually not, but every once in awhile they'll run a promotion for extra miles if you complete reviews.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
The place I go to the most for AA dining is on the list but never credits my transactions properly, so I'm always submitting receipts 10 days later. The last couple times I've done this, I've noticed that the response rate has been very quick, same day within hours for getting these dines properly posted.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
The place I go to the most for AA dining is on the list but never credits my transactions properly, so I'm always submitting receipts 10 days later. The last couple times I've done this, I've noticed that the response rate has been very quick, same day within hours for getting these dines properly posted.
I'm in the same boat with one of my regular spots... The restaurant switched to a new merchant services company and POS system, and never updated the processor info with Rewards Network. I've mentioned it to both the restaurant and Rewards Network, but there's not a lot that RN can do except process the transactions manually until the merchant makes the update. I'm sure the restaurant is fine with the delay for as long as they can get away with it -- they get all the extra exposure, and don't have to pay out any commission on the transactions that people lose track of or just don't want to hassle with the follow-ups on. 🫤

The turnaround on my submissions has been up and down, but always met my expectations. Some weeks it takes hours, some weeks it takes a couple of days, but IME service has always been accurate, efficient and helpful -- especially since they're just compensating for someone else's issue in these cases.
chrisny2 and nineworldseries like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 11:42 pm

Never used AAdvantage Dining in the past, but thinking of using it as a way of preventing my AA miles from expiring 2 weeks from now. However, I'm reading that although miles usually post to the AA Dining account within a few days, they only post to the corresponding AA account after a few weeks--does that mean this is not a viable way for me to extend my miles? Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2023, 5:13 am

There might be some info in the expiring miles thread: Prevent AA miles / account from expiring / expiration & spend for other than flying
download likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:59 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Sorry to be a cheapskate but trying to get to the 12th dine quickly for extra miles .

Can anyone advise cheapest places yo go that would trigger a dine?a shake or something?

Also,in the same restaurant if you split the cheque would this count as two dines? thanks
Old Aug 1, 2023, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
Sorry to be a cheapskate but trying to get to the 12th dine quickly for extra miles .

Can anyone advise cheapest places yo go that would trigger a dine?a shake or something?

Also,in the same restaurant if you split the cheque would this count as two dines? thanks
I don't recall seeing a minimum, but just joined recently. So far I've used it twice at a breakfast place. If there's something like that nearby you, a quick coffee and eggs or toast or pastry is relatively quick and inexpensive.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist

I once bought a $1 bottle of water at a local pizza place and got 5 miles for it
Old Aug 1, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
Thanks all!does anyone know if you can make separate visits on the same day to same place and get credited?that way splitting the bill on same credit card would work..thanks .
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks all!does anyone know if you can make separate visits on the same day to same place and get credited?that way splitting the bill on same credit card would work..thanks .
Yes. That works. You can also split a check into two transactions.

For restaurants/bars with attached shops — think wineries, distilleries, cigar shops, etc. — their merchandise also qualifies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.