Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

how do we start a petition to have tequila added .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how do we start a petition to have tequila added .

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage since 1984; AA PLT - 2MM; WN CP; SPG Gold
"Sky waitress? "I'll have what the pilot's drinking"
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Anyone who has read my posts over time would know that I would certainly sign this petition several times.

I can't even get crappy cheap tequila in the AC complimentary anymore.
You're late to the party! Must be too much Montezuma. Frankly I was surprised that you weren't the OP when I opened the thread.

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes, you can also live on Maker's, Buffalo Trace, Blanton's, and Weller (my favorites - just not on AA)!
Weller's for the win. My favorite part about biz trips to SDF is going to bars that have the 12 and the Full Proof for reasonable (sub-$20) prices.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JCN
As someone that sells alcohol beverage to airlines, I would imagine tequila probably won’t be available anytime soon. I’ll throw cognac out there as well. Both categories have extremely strong demand right now so the suppliers aren’t looking to airlines for these types of opportunities.

Suppliers offer VERY aggressive pricing on booze to airlines and consider it a consumer marketing opportunity. Since the airlines don’t typically sell the alcohol, they aren’t willing to pay much for it. Yes, I realize some is sold to the folks in economy but the majority is handed out complimentary.
And this right here proves the real reason that AA is in no hurry to bring back alcohol in Y. Between cost and not having the marbles to stand up to their union, good luck in getting them to ever reconsider it.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Originally Posted by Amil
its kind of a buzzkill to go into FFD have tequila then walk into a plane and have to switch alcohol . do we really need 4 options for bourbon/whiskey ? cant they replace one with casamigos lol.
I'm in favor of Tequila on AA flights but did you really have to go with the meme brand? That stuff is supremely overrated. I still prefer Patron and Avion over it.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I'm in favor of Tequila on AA flights but did you really have to go with the meme brand? That stuff is supremely overrated. I still prefer Patron and Avion over it.
I'll be happy with any except the regular jose cuervo. But I personally love the vanilla taste of casamigos.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Tequila? No thanks; that stuff is gross. I'd much prefer cranberry vodkas at 10pm (or 6am)!

-FlyerBeek
The stuff for your bargain margaritas or shots is gross. The stuff one sips on with special friends can be delicious. The stuff AA would ever serve - unless there was some major sponsorship / cross marketing, I suspect would range more toward the gross.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
At the rate things are going with AA, maybe they'll add Buzz Balls and remove seat recline to compete with NK.
Isn't the pitch in Y already there?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
Close! I've been classing it up....it was too much Espolon Anejo.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
You're late to the party! Must be too much Montezuma. Frankly I was surprised that you weren't the OP when I opened the thread.
platbrownguy likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
OMNI:
Why does anybody want a good tequila to be used in a Margarita?
It does not make sense. A good tequila is to be drunk straight or with ice.
A Margarita made with freshly squeezed limes, sugar (or simple syrup made of sugar), contreau, ice and jose cuervo >>>> margarita made with expensive tequila and crappy mix (high fructose corn syrup, ascorbic acid, citric acid and water)
It's like making sangria with Chateau Margaux. Why.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by carlosdca
OMNI:
Why does anybody want a good tequila to be used in a Margarita?
It does not make sense. A good tequila is to be drunk straight or with ice.
A Margarita made with freshly squeezed limes, sugar (or simple syrup made of sugar), contreau, ice and jose cuervo >>>> margarita made with expensive tequila and crappy mix (high fructose corn syrup, ascorbic acid, citric acid and water)
It's like making sangria with Chateau Margaux. Why.
Wrong. I don't necessarily want a refined nuanced tequila for the margarita. But I want a quality tequila that isn't going to make me feel like I just fell onto a cactus the next morning. And I don't want crappy mix.

You can make my sangria with a Pays d'Oc
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
But I want a quality tequila that isn't going to make me feel like I just fell onto a cactus the next morning.
If you limit yourself to one, I think you will be fine next day.
- one per flight, not one per hour of flight -
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I like the idea of being able of having a tequila and OJ on a flight. But I think I'd rather have Kalhua (sp?) as an option. Good with coffee, good with miilk. Even with vanilla ice cream to make a milkshake.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
I like the idea of being able of having a tequila and OJ on a flight. But I think I'd rather have Kalhua (sp?) as an option. Good with coffee, good with miik. Even with vanilla ice cream to make a milkshake.
Kahlua.
(Well, technically, Kahlúa.)

Which AA used to serve back before 2014ish. They even spelled it right. Here's an onboard menu from 2012:

Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Kahlua.
(Well, technically, Kahlúa.)

Which AA used to serve back before 2014ish. They even spelled it right. Here's an onboard menu from 2012:
OK... now I want Dr Pepper back!!
Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
OK... now I want Dr Pepper back!!
Maybe it's late and the joke flew over my head, but they never stopped serving Dr Pepper (and Diet Dr Pepper)
Woodford & Diet Dr Pepper is my usual when I want Woodford but don't feel like drinking it neat or on the rocks. (Don't knock it 'til ya try it.)
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.