Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Two drink limit in First? Policy or rubbish?

Two drink limit in First? Policy or rubbish?

Old May 24, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
JFK - SFO in Flagship Business last Friday and the outstanding FA was practically pouring it down my throat, in an entirely consensual way!

We had a 3 and a half hour ground delay due to weather at JFK. I had 4 rounds of G&T and snacks. Once airborne, drinks were flowing until I said no thanks, that was after a good few glasses of wine.

The FA did a stellar job in the cabin. He had backup in the galley, but managed front of house for the 20 pax J cabin almost single-handedly.

He was older, clearly v experienced and had some old-school flair. I liked his service a lot.
AAway, ExpatExp, apeortdz and 7 others like this.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by krispy84
JFK - SFO in Flagship Business last Friday and the outstanding FA was practically pouring it down my throat, in an entirely consensual way!

We had a 3 and a half hour ground delay due to weather at JFK. I had 4 rounds of G&T and snacks. Once airborne, drinks were flowing until I said no thanks, that was after a good few glasses of wine.

The FA did a stellar job in the cabin. He had backup in the galley, but managed front of house for the 20 pax J cabin almost single-handedly.

He was older, clearly v experienced and had some old-school flair. I liked his service a lot.
Maybe he wanted all the tips for himself. Oh, wait...
Old May 24, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by pmblinn
Maybe he wanted all the tips for himself. Oh, wait...
I think he just prided himself on providing great service to his passengers.
Spiff, roadtriper, cmd320 and 4 others like this.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by _kurt
There is approximately zero overlap between FAs who serve doubles unprompted and FAs who insist on breaking the seal on the mini...
I do agree historically but I have just had an FA on a domestic flight - after I asked for a Coke Zero with whiskey - pour me a full glass of whiskey and give me the unopened Coke can .

I wanted to dilute a mini-Whiskey with Coke, not the other way round.....
Old May 25, 2022, 8:08 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Bring it on! Actually I’d be happy with Tanqueray.
Empress 1908. It's a glorious shade of violet, and turns pink with some lime juice. Festive, and tastes way better than Aviator.
Old May 26, 2022, 9:29 am

Programs: AA-EXP; UA-Silver; Bonvoy-Titanium
Originally Posted by madmanshoney
my last trip from LAX - BOS:
That earned my FA an outstanding service recognition ticket.
So where did these go anyway? I haven't gotten a new batch in a while and I'm PlatPro. I think the last time I received one was in 2019, and I only have one left (I'm very picky using these) and I love using these recognize great service.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Flight last night from MCO to PHL. I was lucky to get the one drink! FA disappeared behind the curtain and didn’t come out. He eventually came out to collect the drink service trash as the captain said we had 10 minutes before landing. Then he was rushing around grabbing all the glassware. (Of course, we didn’t get a PDB either)
Old May 27, 2022, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IzzyL
Flight last night from MCO to PHL. I was lucky to get the one drink! FA disappeared behind the curtain and didn’t come out. He eventually came out to collect the drink service trash as the captain said we had 10 minutes before landing. Then he was rushing around grabbing all the glassware. (Of course, we didn’t get a PDB either)
And the button to call the flight attendant was not operational? That's some bad luck.
work2fly, LINDEGR, njvandy and 2 others like this.
Old May 28, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LuizMiranda
So where did these go anyway?.
I emailed them for more and referenced my FF# in the body of text :
[email protected]

Dear Mr. Honey,

Your email has been referred to AAdvantage® Customer Service. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to one of our AAdvantage Executive Platinum members.

Mr. Honey, I have processed your request to have more Above and Beyond certificates sent to your Gettysburg address. You will receive the certificates within 3-5 weeks. Thank you for taking the time to recognize some of our best employees!

Thank you again, Mr. Honey, for reaching out to us. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you aboard an American Airlines flight soon.

Best regards,

––-------------

Executive Liaison

AAdvantage Loyalty Program

American Airlines
PowerLu likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
And the button to call the flight attendant was not operational? That's some bad luck.
Didn’t really need to be that person, just pointing out the inconsistency in service.
Old May 31, 2022, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IzzyL
Didn’t really need to be that person, just pointing out the inconsistency in service.
My point is that how often the FA comes by to offer drinks should have absolutely no bearing on how many drinks you have. Therefore I don't view it as inconsistent service. In fact, I strongly prefer drinks on demand than when offered. I will ask for a drink if and when I want one and I would prefer not to be interrupted when I don't want one.
weero and robertablake like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.