Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who's flying AA today?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:14 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just got off PHX-CUN and the airport and flight was fine.

The Centurion Lounge, on the other hand….what a tish show…ugh.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Flew DCA-HPN morning of Thanksgiving - everything was going great until they realized the door lock was broken. Took 2.5 hours to fix. Going for greAAt! 40 min flight took about 3 hours.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Flew PHX-LAX Wed mid-morning...airport was busy and A20 club was pretty packed (but doesn't take much there). Scored an upgrade to last seat in F as AS 75K right as boarding started.

Arrived LAX at T5 and waited for my ride for about an hour in the T5 AC at LAX--shockingly quiet.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
JFK flagship lounge had thanksgiving-type food out on Friday which I thought was a nice touch (as someone who did not eat the typical meal on Thursday, I imagine others might not be as appreciative haha)
Old Nov 27, 2021, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Not me. Was scheduled to fly cdg-Mia-Dfw today but inbound was several hours late. The app gave me options to change —all for tomorrow

I got on the horn and had AA put me on BA. Turns out I’m on a 781 with new CW and will get in three hours earlier.

355F1 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by enviroian
Not me. Was scheduled to fly cdg-Mia-Dfw today but inbound was several hours late. The app gave me options to change —all for tomorrow

I got on the horn and had AA put me on BA. Turns out I’m on a 781 with new CW and will get in three hours earlier.

Some early season but very cool snowflake activity yesterday in Île-de-France -

CDG-LHR-MIA?
CDG-LHR-DFW?
CDG-LHR-MIA-DFW?
CDG-LIT (BA)-DFW?

Once they finish that new CW seat rollout (they're actually just as aggressive at getting it out there as American was at ripping out IFE), it will really even up the ante with AA's seats. The exception will be the hostel that is CW on the A380.
Old Nov 27, 2021, 11:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Just did DCA-CLT-ALB ... AA all the way!
Old Nov 27, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I flew from SEA-PHX today, and flight seemed to be totally full.
PHX-SJC may well be the same.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by enpremiere
...new CW seat rollout (they're actually just as aggressive at getting it out there as American was at ripping out IFE)...
Thank God. Good riddance to that old CW garbage.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
Thank God. Good riddance to that old CW garbage.
They've also reached the critical mass point in the conversion process where seat maps are now showing the new layout but you never know if it'll be the new CW or the old.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by enpremiere
They've also reached the critical mass point in the conversion process where seat maps are now showing the new layout but you never know if it'll be the new CW or the old.
Yup! Experienced this, too. They showed the 8-seat F layout and it was anything but.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Flew IND-LGA as AA 41817 on 11/24 (ERJ-175). Flight had a pressurization issue that was resolved in flight, but we still diverted to CMH as a precaution (we had just crossed the OH/PA border when this happened). To the CMH team's great credit, a spare aircraft was available and we were out of CMH only 75 minutes after we landed. Remainder of the flight was uneventful.

Unfortunately, they were not communicative with us until after the door opened in CMH, after I had already protected us on a later scheduled CMH-LGA flight. We did not show for that flight (obviously), but the system must have recorded us as no-shows and cancelled my wife and son's return flight (I was continuing to Belgrade for a work trip), which was sold-out and no-one at AA was willing to put them back on to it. After several calls, I was able to get them re-routed HPN-DCA-IND for no additional cost, which meant a shorter drive to the airport and earlier arrival time back at IND. All-in-all, not too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.