Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SFO - MIA Route issues TG Day - advice needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs

Scheduled to fly AA 2045 SFO-MIA 11/25 Thanksgiving day and on to BGI 11/26. Our flight today left 4 hours late and BOTH of the SFO-MIA flights tomorrow 11/24 are cancelled. I can't find any weather or other issues to figure out what is going on with AA.

Any advice about what to do? We are scheduled to be on a cruise 11/27 so clearly need to get there. Trying to reach AA (via twitter which is usually fastest) but that will take some time. Am SO ready to get out of town.

Last edited by mstraveler; Nov 23, 2021 at 11:55 pm
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mstraveler
Scheduled to fly AA 2045 SFO-MIA 11/25 Thanksgiving day and on to BGI 11/26. Our flight today left 4 hours late and BOTH of the SFO-MIA flights tomorrow 11/26 are cancelled. I can't find any weather or other issues to figure out what is going on with AA. A

Any advice about what to do? We are scheduled to be on a cruise 11/27 so clearly need to get there. Trying to reach AA (via twitter which is usually fastest) but that will take some time. Am SO ready to get out of town.
B6?
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by moondog
B6?
Sorry; don't understand B6...
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:44 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

B6 = JetBlue
Old Nov 23, 2021, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
I don't understand the problem. The AA app is showing that both of AA's SFO-MIA nonstops are still operating on Thanksgiving Day, as is the MIA-BGI nonstop on 11/26.

Also, please edit your original post. You are referring to 11/26 as "tomorrow."
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL
B6 = JetBlue
Sorry; slow on the uptake tonight; thanks.

Originally Posted by guv1976
I don't understand the problem. The AA app is showing that both of AA's SFO-MIA nonstops are still operating on Thanksgiving Day, as is the MIA-BGI nonstop on 11/26.

Also, please edit your original post. You are referring to 11/26 as "tomorrow."
Thanks; edited.

I suspect you must be in a more eastern time zone. My AA app in California will not show me anything beyond Wednesday 11/24. Thanks for the info about the Thanksgiving flights, at least for now.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Sorry; slow on the uptake tonight; thanks.

Thanks; edited.

I suspect you must be in a more eastern time zone. My AA app in California will not show me anything beyond Wednesday 11/24. Thanks for the info about the Thanksgiving flights, at least for now.
Yes, I am in New York State.

More generally, you have no control over whether AA cancels either of your flights, so there's not much point in worrying about it. In the event of a cancellation, AA will try to reroute you; they serve BGI from both CLT and MIA. (No idea whether the CLT-BGI flight still has seats for sale.)
Old Nov 24, 2021, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Y
More generally, you have no control over whether AA cancels either of your flights, so there's not much point in worrying about it. In the event of a cancellation, AA will try to reroute you; they serve BGI from both CLT and MIA. (No idea whether the CLT-BGI flight still has seats for sale.)
Yes. Nothing I can do about AA although I have found over the years that getting ahead of these things can sometimes help. So far so good for tomorrow. At least for now!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Just want to add that calling or tweeting AA today is a complete waste of time. There's nothing that anyone at AA can do other than tell you "as of right now all of your flights are still scheduled to operate on time".
fdog likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
So no problems with flights after all?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

At least our incoming plane is coming from Miami and will be, hopefully, in the air when we get up. So at least we will know something before we leave for the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.