Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

American Airlines | AAdvantage

AA changed my flight without notifying me.

AA changed my flight without notifying me.

Old Nov 29, 21, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by fdog View Post
Every time I've contacted them with suggestions in hand, my success rate has been 100%. Make their job easier and you'll usually get what you need.

All the best, James
+100

We were at the airport once and our flight got canceled when we were trying to get to FILs funeral. Gate agent tried but couldnt get us rerouted. I went to flights.google.com and found a 2 stop itinerary still on AA that got us there the same day. I showed him that and he put on those flights.
Old Nov 29, 21, 1:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by neilk View Post
+100

We were at the airport once and our flight got canceled when we were trying to get to FILs funeral. Gate agent tried but couldnt get us rerouted. I went to flights.google.com and found a 2 stop itinerary still on AA that got us there the same day. I showed him that and he put on those flights.
I agree with you and that poster, but like you, him and everyone else on here we understand and can easily produce rerouting options. 95% of the flying public have zero idea of how to quickly pull up alternative routing options and are at the mercy of AA. I feel for those folks.
Old Nov 29, 21, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I have always told AA want I wanted.. recent example.. our flights to Milan.. well the return leg cancelled .. with no options...
ask AA to route thru Munich ... and of course keep my SWU intact... worked without an issue.
Old Nov 29, 21, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by fotographer View Post
I have always told AA want I wanted..
I, too, have always told AA what I wanted.

I'm still waiting!
Old Nov 29, 21, 10:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hi. I had a schedule change with the leg from ORD to DFW changed off a 787 to an a321. Different flight number and time. I wasn't given an option to accept or reject. Does the change of flight number give me the right to change or get a refund? Thanks a lot
Old Nov 30, 21, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
I cancelled the flights AA changed us to, on their website. They simply would not work for us. I am happy to report that our AAdvantage miles were restored in about an hour. I then booked a more agreeable itinerary. Hopefully this one will stick. Several days later I received emails letting me know the taxes and upgrade fees would be refunded to my credit card. Now that I know what to expect I can quickly deal with any further changes. Thanks everyone.
Old Nov 30, 21, 10:18 pm

Total unscientific survey but I helped a few relatives all rebook their AA flights this holiday weekend. Relative had a ton of miles from sales job and booked us all tickets on AA. It appears the people who had simple changes got notifications. Ie your flight is now a small time change same aircraft and seats. Ironically the tickets that had weird complicated changes ie long layovers, cabin not available on a flight etc didnt get notifications! The ones that were hard to rebook and now complex didnt and the easy simple ones did. I can kind of see why the system cant make an easy rebook and it maybe thinks a rep should review (in simpler times). My forced overnight in phl got nothing and a 2 hour time change to same cabin and aircraft did etc. Unscientific just what I saw this holiday weekend and I bet its all AA reservations.
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by lunchtime; Nov 30, 21 at 10:26 pm
Old Nov 23, 22, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Anyone have their departure airport changed on them? I booked an award flight out of HND to DFW for a Jan trip. When I checked my itinerary yesterday, it showed a departure out of NRT instead of HND. I got notifications during the past two weeks about changes in departure times but none for the airport . I know it's still from the same departure city but this is like finding out your flight from ONT is now leaving LAX.
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Gradfly View Post
Anyone have their departure airport changed on them? I booked an award flight out of HND to DFW for a Jan trip. When I checked my itinerary yesterday, it showed a departure out of NRT instead of HND. I got notifications during the past two weeks about changes in departure times but none for the airport . I know it's still from the same departure city but this is like finding out your flight from ONT is now leaving LAX.
AA's schedule change email notifications have always been hit or miss. I think DFW-HND was just postponed again until March. Can stick with the NRT nonstop or call AA and it will be no problem to switch to HND-LAX-DFW if you want to keep the HND departure point.
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:06 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Regardless of the title of the email or email text, did the itinerary still show NRT?

In any case, as usual, call them up and change to a routing more of your liking.
Since it is award, maybe the can open up space for you on the JAL flight (since it appears the AA will not be flying HND-DFW in January).
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by carlosdca View Post
Regardless of the title of the email or email text, did the itinerary still show NRT?

In any case, as usual, call them up and change to a routing more of your liking.
Since it is award, maybe the can open up space for you on the JAL flight (since it appears the AA will not be flying HND-DFW in January).
When I got the emails, they only showed the domestic flights with the affected departure times.

Hopefully there is still space on the JAL flights.
Old Nov 23, 22, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
AA's schedule change email notifications have always been hit or miss. I think DFW-HND was just postponed again until March. Can stick with the NRT nonstop or call AA and it will be no problem to switch to HND-LAX-DFW if you want to keep the HND departure point.
I wish I could keep HND as my departure airport. I checked for alternate routings and it looks like JAL and AA don't have anything past early afternoon. Originally booked the 6pm AA flight to maximize my last day in Tokyo, I'm going to see if there is availability in the JAL flights now that I have to leave from NRT.
Old Yesterday, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Same situation with us for a flight dfw to hnd in December. Actually we didn't get a notification at all there was just a your trip has changed message when on aa.com. the first agent we called couldn't figure out what had changed by a second call cleared up the confusion and had tickets reissued.

Search this Thread