Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Jan/Feb 2022 Schedule Change (Occurred November 14, 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jan/Feb 2022 Schedule Change (Occurred November 14, 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by TTmex
Sorry to hijack this thread, I have booked over new years MEX-MIA-ORD with return ORD-DFW-MEX. The outbound was booked for both the flagship lounge access (BA Gold) and the lie flat from MIA to ORD, and the return booked for ORD-DFW being a 787, which has now been removed and replaced by a 321. Am I in a legit position to ask for a free reroute via Miami on the way back. At least the flagship there is open and seeing we're on 10th wedding anniversary having a few hours of lounge time both ways would be a nice benefit. Don't mind that Miami is a slightly longer journey, plus the Avios earning a bit better on that route. Thanks in adv
​​​​​​Anyone know if this is possible?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 6:33 am

MCO-LAX also lost the midday nonstop. So you either have to take the 7am or evening flight. Got them to rebook me onto a 1-stop.

20% capacity cut due to staffing and pay issues causing trouble to customers. Not cool. Would have expected an appeasement.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by soartoday
HUCA did nothing. Was told that policy doesn't allow them to exchange my saver award for other intl flights on AA metal... Best they could offer was opening space on a domestic flight the next day.

Any tips from the more experienced folks? I may not be saying the right things to AAgent about the schedule change.
The hang up likely is that is that your transatlantic portion is on BA and that is running on time. AA cannot open up award space on BA flights and they possibly see their responsibility is to manage the AA metal part of the award which they are doing.

Can you find a different routing via DFW, PHL, LAX, SEA, or any of the AA gateways at any award level of AA metal, the day of, day prior or day after? If so, call back and ask for that routing, they should be willing to do that. Worst case look for an AA award flight LHR to an AA gateway, and then a suitable connecting flight to SAN. You may have to hunt for the connecting segment separately. In normal circumstance they would not stitch them together but with an overnight schedule change they might.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Furby
The hang up likely is that is that your transatlantic portion is on BA and that is running on time. AA cannot open up award space on BA flights and they possibly see their responsibility is to manage the AA metal part of the award which they are doing.

Can you find a different routing via DFW, PHL, LAX, SEA, or any of the AA gateways at any award level of AA metal, the day of, day prior or day after? If so, call back and ask for that routing, they should be willing to do that. Worst case look for an AA award flight LHR to an AA gateway, and then a suitable connecting flight to SAN. You may have to hunt for the connecting segment separately. In normal circumstance they would not stitch them together but with an overnight schedule change they might.
It wasn’t the BA flight that had a schedule change though, it was the AA flight. I’d keep calling until OP gets someone on the phone with some sense to them. AA should be willing to move them to the AA flight to ORD that has a same day connection to SAN. In my case I went from a nonstop ATL-LAX to a connection via DFW to meet up with JAL at LAX. AA had no problems making U class available on the AA metal from DFW-NRT.

I think some agents just make people frustrated on purpose.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:35 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by Beetles
It wasn’t the BA flight that had a schedule change though, it was the AA flight. I’d keep calling until OP gets someone on the phone with some sense to them. AA should be willing to move them to the AA flight to ORD that has a same day connection to SAN. In my case I went from a nonstop ATL-LAX to a connection via DFW to meet up with JAL at LAX. AA had no problems making U class available on the AA metal from DFW-NRT.

I think some agents just make people frustrated on purpose.
Originally Posted by Furby

Thank you for the encouragement! I'll try again. My routing was LIS-LHR-ORD-SAN. As you correctly point out, it was the last flight on AA that was removed. There's a well timed itinerary LIS-MAD-DFW-SAN with the first segment on IB (with award space), but so far both agents have told me explicitly that "policy" dictates they can't open up space on MAD-DFW (standard space is available).

Twitter DM gave me the same response.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:34 pm

Unusual cancellations for AA's flight from JFK to DEL

Something weird is happening with AA’s new flight from JFK to Delhi (AA 292/293). I had a ticket from DEL to JFK (AA 293) on January 9. I got an email saying that my flight was canceled, and to call back for alternate options. To my shock, I was told by the call center agent that the earliest available flight was on January 18. I checked on Google Flights and AA’s website; I saw that there was no availability in any class on flight AA 293 from Dec 29 to Jan 17. I would have assumed that flight AA 293 was simply cancelled for all those days.

But what is most surprising is that flight AA 292 from JFK to DEL is operating every day within the same date range, and AA is selling tickets for that flight. As a matter of fact, AA 292 is operating from JFK to DEL on Jan 7. It is the same aircraft which would have returned from DEL to JFK on Jan 9 as AA 293, but AA 293 is showing as cancelled for Jan 9.

I cannot find any explanation of what is happening at AA. Can anyone share any insight into what might be the problem with AA?
Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sayanroysr
I cannot find any explanation of what is happening at AA. Can anyone share any insight into what might be the problem with AA?
I wonder if it has something to do with Russia not yet approving AA overflights, resulting in a longer routing. Was the flight actually cancelled? I'm seeing it on EF, yet every fare bucket is 0'd out. I'm curious if it's not actually cancelled but rather capacity restricted for weight purposes, resulting in AA cancelling some reservations now.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I wonder if it has something to do with Russia not yet approving AA overflights, resulting in a longer routing. Was the flight actually cancelled? I'm seeing it on EF, yet every fare bucket is 0'd out. I'm curious if it's not actually cancelled but rather capacity restricted for weight purposes, resulting in AA cancelling some reservations now.
This explanation makes a lot of sense. AA's call center has been repeatedly telling me that the flight is cancelled. But the actual problem seems to be this issue of capacity restrictions, as per your explanation.

AA is refusing to rebook me on any partner airline. If I accept a new reservation for later in January and my original flight does operate as scheduled, do I have any recourse for compensation from AA (denied boarding, maybe)?

Thanks a lot for this helpful information!
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
My flights from DFW to OGG and back in January changed from a 772 to 789, too. And the flights from DEN-DFW went from 321's to 738's...grrr. I was able to get on an earlier flight that was still an A321 which gives me a longer and safer connection in DFW to be able to do the Hawaii pre-clearance stuff in the Admiral's Club during my connection.
So they are issuing the wristbands in the Admiral's Club and not just at Gate D28? Thanks..
Old Nov 20, 2021, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by lennon
So they are issuing the wristbands in the Admiral's Club and not just at Gate D28? Thanks..
I can't confirm that this is the actual case at DFW first-hand, but this is what I have heard. I just flew to Kauai last week through LAX and did all of the pre-clearance stuff at the T4 Admiral's Club - very easy process!
renila likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by sayanroysr
This explanation makes a lot of sense. AA's call center has been repeatedly telling me that the flight is cancelled. But the actual problem seems to be this issue of capacity restrictions, as per your explanation.

AA is refusing to rebook me on any partner airline. If I accept a new reservation for later in January and my original flight does operate as scheduled, do I have any recourse for compensation from AA (denied boarding, maybe)?

Thanks a lot for this helpful information!
Denied boarding is very specific to oversold situations. However, if you rebook, you should have them put a note in the record about your original itin and that you're rebooking due to filght cancellations. (I'd say "under duress" but you don't particularly want to make enemies here.) If a better flight opens up you'll have a decent chance of getting a sympathetic AAgent to rebook you.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Denied boarding is very specific to oversold situations. However, if you rebook, you should have them put a note in the record about your original itin and that you're rebooking due to filght cancellations. (I'd say "under duress" but you don't particularly want to make enemies here.) If a better flight opens up you'll have a decent chance of getting a sympathetic AAgent to rebook you.
Thanks for this advice. I will make sure to ask the agent to put a note in my reservation. Hopefully something better will open up soon.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by lennon
They were not giving out wristbands at the AC in D a couple weeks ago.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
ILM to CLT no early flights Jan 6-Feb 5

Working on some business and leisure travel for the end of January. Was having unusual issues. Went on EF. There are no 5:30am or 7am flights from ILM to CLT. I can drive to OAJ (Jacksonville), but this is insane. The first departure of the day is 9am.

Any idea why? I really don’t want to overnight unnecessarily in CLT.

Edit: there is a 5am M,T,Th,F,Sa that helps. Still a mess.

Last edited by onanisland; Nov 21, 2021 at 1:06 pm
Old Dec 19, 2021, 3:44 pm

Programs: American Airlines
March

Looks like March schedule change loaded this morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.