Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS SEA-EWR codeshares gone?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

AS SEA-EWR codeshares gone?

Hi all - I travel frequently between the Seattle and New York areas so I was of course thrilled at the dual partnerships with both B6 and AS. In September I flew AS 714 (SEA-EWR) as an AA codeshare.

I just went to book the same flight for 11/7 and it's no longer listed as a codeshare. In fact there are no SEA-EWR AS Codeshares listed at the moment for that date or a few weeks into the future. Has this route been discontinued as a codeshare?

It's a must for me to do this route as a codeshare at the moment since I'm going for the $2,000 EQD challenge to keep my EXP status, and according to the chart you only get a fraction of the EQD's if the flight is marketed by AS.

Any insight here would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Daniel
Old Oct 27, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I don't see it listed as a codeshare on EF, either for the EWR-SEA nonstop or some random connections in SEA to other destinations (some codeshares are limited to certain city pairs).
Old Oct 27, 2021, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by danwer930
It's a must for me to do this route as a codeshare at the moment since I'm going for the $2,000 EQD challenge to keep my EXP status, and according to the chart you only get a fraction of the EQD's if the flight is marketed by AS.
To be clear here: on an AS-marketed flight, you get a fraction of the miles flown as the EQDs. AAdvantage doesn’t know how much you spent on your AS ticket, so they use the fare class-based mileage multiplier instead. It’s not uncommon for the EQDs on a partner flight to work out to be more than the actual fare paid.
GrumpyYoungMan and A321T like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
To be clear here: on an AS-marketed flight, you get a fraction of the miles flown as the EQDs. AAdvantage doesn’t know how much you spent on your AS ticket, so they use the fare class-based mileage multiplier instead. It’s not uncommon for the EQDs on a partner flight to work out to be more than the actual fare paid.
Thanks for that clarification! I must've read the fine print on the AA partner airlines page for Alaska 10 times and for some reason couldn't come to that conclusion on my own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.