FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2056814-loyalty-points-discussion-questions-2022-now-used-determining-elite-status.html)

PHL Dec 29, 2023 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkInMichigan (Post 35859095)
I have been AA Gold for quite a while. I have re-earned Gold for 2024 and will likely achieve Platinum in a few weeks. My question is about the duration of the status. My understanding is that you maintain your status for one year. In the case of AA, now ending in February. However, when I log into my account, it shows:
AAdvantage Gold®
Valid through Mar 31, 2027
Is this accurate? Will I maintain Gold status through 2027, regardless of how many Loyalty Points I earn?
Happy New Year!

that may be an IT glitch unless I’m missing something. Highest status earned between 3/1/23 and 2/29/24 will carry you through 3/31/25.

Alex_I Dec 30, 2023 12:22 am

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer (Post 35828724)
If not hotels then shopping portal - this time of year lots of major retailers (eg Macy's, Best Buy) are periodically offering 10x LPs for a day, you need to monitor closely. There have also been a couple of "double dip" opportunities via Simply Miles lately. Finally, depending on how long ago you crossed the 100k threshold, all three of the above may have a 30% LP bonus attached.

- Did not see any double dip with Simply Miles for the last ca, 6 months.

ZenFlyer Dec 30, 2023 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I (Post 35860465)
- Did not see any double dip with Simply Miles for the last ca, 6 months.

I gather the offers vary a lot among different people, but I currently see eg, lots of the wine clubs that are regularly on the portal, Stitch Fix, Harry&David, Best Buy just to name a few. The LPs don't always seem super high at first glance, but when you combine the SM and portal offers - and in my case a 30% bonus for each - the incremental earnings can be useful. Eg, I recently spent approx $180 on a gift subscription to Ancestry.com that yielded 2824 LPs from the portal plus 2,245 from SM.

catmndu Dec 30, 2023 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ZenFlyer (Post 35860801)
I gather the offers vary a lot among different people, but I currently see eg, lots of the wine clubs that are regularly on the portal, Stitch Fix, Harry&David, Best Buy just to name a few. The LPs don't always seem super high at first glance, but when you combine the SM and portal offers - and in my case a 30% bonus for each - the incremental earnings can be useful. Eg, I recently spent approx $180 on a gift subscription to Ancestry.com that yielded 2824 LPs from the portal plus 2,245 from SM.

I was able to double dip with LL Bean just a couple of weeks ago.

bpc3qh Dec 30, 2023 3:26 pm

Still waiting for my Tommy Hilfiger SM/Eshopping combo to hit; the Eshopping hit last week, nothing yet from SM.

IzzyL Jan 29, 2024 2:15 pm

One leg in February and 2nd leg in March

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer (Post 35801472)
From AA (this evening)....regarding credit cards:

What has changed?

The Loyalty Points you earn on AAdvantage® credit card* purchases between March 1 and the end of February of the following year count toward the current status qualification year.

This means you can earn Loyalty Points through February 29, 2024, instead of your last statement close date of the qualification year.

As an example, if your monthly AAdvantage® credit card statement closes on March 5 (which includes purchases posted to your credit card account between February 6 and March 5), all the Loyalty Points earned from purchases made between February 6 through 29 will count toward 2024 status. All Loyalty Points earned between March 1 and 5 count toward the 2025 qualification year.

Just looking to confirm, I’m looking to book a flight in late February and one leg would be last week of February and return would be 1st week in March. Pretty sure it would credit to the 23/24 status since that’s when I purchased and started the flight. OR would one leg post for 23/24 and 2nd leg for next status year?
thanks!

S80 Jan 29, 2024 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by IzzyL (Post 35952671)
Just looking to confirm, I’m looking to book a flight in late February and one leg would be last week of February and return would be 1st week in March. Pretty sure it would credit to the 23/24 status since that’s when I purchased and started the flight. OR would one leg post for 23/24 and 2nd leg for next status year?
thanks!

They post based on the date of the individual flights departure. So the first half would post for February (this qualification year) and the return would post for March (next qualification year). This may or may not be equal based on fare class.

IzzyL Jan 29, 2024 2:44 pm

I was thinking that might be the case. Interesting! Thanks for quick response.

JKMSTexas Feb 2, 2024 3:52 pm

Do LPs not posting until May 2024 count for 2023 250K LPR?

I'm new to chasing/optimizing LPs and new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I booked some Viator activities on 1/15/24 through Aadvantageeshopping, but it looks like the approx 12K of LPs won't post until after the Viator activities happen in May 2024. If it's true that the LPs will post with a January 2024 date, those LPs should be enough to get me to the 250K LPR threshold during the 2023 earning period ending on 2/29/24. Does anybody know if I would still be awarded the LPRs for the 250K threshold as late as May 2024 when these late-arriving LPs actually post? I'm trying to be strategic about my spend, and I don't want to waste any additional spend toward the 250K LPR threshold if those late-posting LPs from the Viator purchase won't count toward the current earning period. Would they maybe count for the 2024 LP earning period instead, or would they maybe just be lame-duck LPs in terms of status? Thanks for any insights!

enviroian Feb 6, 2024 6:49 pm

Well I reached the 250K LP level yesterday by flying for work so I don't need my rocketmiles hotel res. Anyway I chose the SWU (2) and the other option I'm looking at choosing is either 30K Advantage miles or $250 trip credit. What do you think is more valuable?

MarkY123 Feb 6, 2024 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian (Post 35976883)
Well I reached the 250K LP level yesterday by flying for work so I don't need my rocketmiles hotel res. Anyway I chose the SWU (2) and the other option I'm looking at choosing is either 30K Advantage miles or $250 trip credit. What do you think is more valuable?

Congrats, enviroian - I would choose the 30K AAdvantage miles. I value them more than $250.

LovePrunes Feb 6, 2024 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by JKMSTexas (Post 35965178)
I'm new to chasing/optimizing LPs and new to this forum, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I booked some Viator activities on 1/15/24 through Aadvantageeshopping, but it looks like the approx 12K of LPs won't post until after the Viator activities happen in May 2024. If it's true that the LPs will post with a January 2024 date, those LPs should be enough to get me to the 250K LPR threshold during the 2023 earning period ending on 2/29/24. Does anybody know if I would still be awarded the LPRs for the 250K threshold as late as May 2024 when these late-arriving LPs actually post? I'm trying to be strategic about my spend, and I don't want to waste any additional spend toward the 250K LPR threshold if those late-posting LPs from the Viator purchase won't count toward the current earning period. Would they maybe count for the 2024 LP earning period instead, or would they maybe just be lame-duck LPs in terms of status? Thanks for any insights!

it's weird, because the LPR (loyalty point rewards) say they have to be selected by 3/31/24, but there'll be people like you who retroactively cross the 250k LP threshhold to get their 250k reward. Sounds like a question for EXP customer service.

JJeffrey Feb 7, 2024 4:25 am

Originally Posted by LovePrunes (Post 35977130)
Sounds like a question for EXP customer service.

Just being nitpicky but this is really a question for AAdvantage Customer Service, not the EXP Desk.

It will be interesting to see how AA handles the few cases where a delayed posting causes someone to cross over a rewards threshold after 3/31.

TWA884 Feb 20, 2024 12:30 pm

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c22cd37f8d.jpg

ftfan Feb 24, 2024 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes (Post 35977130)
it's weird, because the LPR (loyalty point rewards) say they have to be selected by 3/31/24, but there'll be people like you who retroactively cross the 250k LP threshhold to get their 250k reward. Sounds like a question for EXP customer service.

Very good question. Did anyone find out?