Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2022, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm

Fastest growing network to India

Beginning Oct. 31, American will launch nonstop service from New York (JFK) to New Delhi (DEL) on a Boeing 777-200 to meet the strong local demand. With its Qatar Airways partnership and previously announced Seattle (SEA) to Bengaluru, India (BLR), route, American will offer customers more ways to fly between the United States and India than any other airline partnership. Flights to New Delhi will conveniently connect customers to India’s capital territory three times per week, and then daily during the holiday peak from Nov. 17 to Jan. 3.
Print Wikipost

AA JFK-DEL-JFK Service B777-200

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

AA JFK-DEL-JFK Service B777-200

Anyone have any insight or speculation if the new nonstop from JFK to DEL and return will actually commence on 10/31? AA has been advertising the launch in India quite extensively. Given we're relatively close to departure date any possibility this will be delayed?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
deleted

Last edited by Antarius; Oct 14, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Old Oct 15, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Grmaht
Anyone have any insight or speculation if the new nonstop from JFK to DEL and return will actually commence on 10/31? AA has been advertising the launch in India quite extensively. Given we're relatively close to departure date any possibility this will be delayed?
I was hoping to take it on Nov 16. Any reason why one should worry?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

so just saw all inventory in both directions zero'ed out till 11/14 and 11/15 (DEL-JFK). Expect this will result in a flight cancellation.
knit-in likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, United, AAdvantage
If I am booked on this flight, will AA rebook me on any partner flight (like QA or EY) on the same dates? My mom was booked for DEL-JFK on 12th Nov so thinking about options before they send me cancellation email.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

usually they prefer one world. they start with a code share first which is with British Airways then make their way forward. Usually they will not do anything till the flight shows cancelled in your booking.
Antarius and animesh42001 like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA
usually they prefer one world. they start with a code share first which is with British Airways then make their way forward. Usually they will not do anything till the flight shows cancelled in your booking.
If your flight is cancelled, you can rebook on any OW airline, although yes BA will usually be the first suggestion. Inconsistent as to whether you get an AA or OW flight number. AA will never book on non-OW except for extenuating circumstances.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by golfer20
If your flight is cancelled, you can rebook on any OW airline, although yes BA will usually be the first suggestion. Inconsistent as to whether you get an AA or OW flight number. AA will never book on non-OW except for extenuating circumstances.
I have booked AA293 DEL-JFK-RDU with AA miles in Premium Economy. If the flight is canceled, AA will book me on OW partners like BA even if there are no award availabilities right?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
so just saw all inventory in both directions zero'ed out till 11/14 and 11/15 (DEL-JFK). Expect this will result in a flight cancellation.
Yeah, the first outbound being offered now is on the 14th. Still hopeful...
Grmaht likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

off course when you call reservations they insist flight is still operating even though it’s a sign. Assuming this will get reflected this weekend during the schedule update. I am surprised they waited this long to push
Old Oct 24, 2021, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Flight officially pushed till 11-14(which seems tentative)
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:35 pm

I called AA and they are saying that there is no availability on any partner airlines from any time before 15th and they have rebooked me for 15th Nov on the same flight. Is there a way for me to rebook on partner airlines on 12th Nov.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Push them for availability on British Airways. They had space Nov 2nd and 3rd when I called in the morning. That may have changed. It was too late for me and I already had a back up on Qatar. so I opted for a refund.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 7:50 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

Was offered BA for my 11/10 flight. Opted for a refund and booked UA.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planes&trains
Was offered BA for my 11/10 flight. Opted for a refund and booked UA.
I had put a booking w/Qatar the minute when I saw the inventory zero out last week. thankfully i was able to confirm the hold and pay for the ticket on Sunday. Somehow AA holds the line hard and fast to allow changes prior to the actual schedule change affecting the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.