Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Access to Admirals Club with Guests then Switching to Flagship Lounge

Old Oct 13, 21, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador

Tomorrow I'm flying MIA-LAX with my wife and I in J and two friends in Y. I believe the J tickets get the wife and I access to the MIA Flagship lounge, (3-class 773) but for the two in Y, with my Citi Executive Card I can technically guest them into the Admirals Club. My question is can I enter the Admirals Club using my Executive Card, guest the two Y passengers with me and then shortly after leave them there in the club and I go join my wife in the Flagship lounge?
Old Oct 13, 21, 8:09 am

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
I don't see why not. By the rules, I think guests are supposed to be there with you.. but there is no way this is or can be enforced.
Old Oct 13, 21, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
once your guests are in... your leaving wont impact your guests there...
Old Oct 13, 21, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
That's kinda what I figured. I believe the D30 Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge share the same terminal entrance at MIA? I'll take them to the D15 Admirals Cub and then head on over to the Flagship Lounge at D30 afterwards.
Old Oct 13, 21, 9:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by umaa83 View Post
Tomorrow I'm flying MIA-LAX with my wife and I in J and two friends in Y. I believe the J tickets get the wife and I access to the MIA Flagship lounge, (3-class 773) but for the two in Y, with my Citi Executive Card I can technically guest them into the Admirals Club. My question is can I enter the Admirals Club using my Executive Card, guest the two Y passengers with me and then shortly after leave them there in the club and I go join my wife in the Flagship lounge?
I’ve done this in LAX before with no issue. They just asked that I not shuttle food and drink from the FL to my guests in the Admirals Club.
Snuggs likes this.
Old Oct 13, 21, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum
Playing silly games like this is not good for the rest of the people who try to play by the rules that make the clubs livable which is less and less common these days. Why not just stand outside and invite everyone in? Come to think of it, it sounds like another problem the country at large currently has, but I digress.
Old Oct 13, 21, 7:17 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I would guess not a problem if your guests behave themselves and don't run wild like teenagers on spring break.
Old Oct 13, 21, 7:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by umaa83 View Post
That's kinda what I figured. I believe the D30 Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge share the same terminal entrance at MIA? I'll take them to the D15 Admirals Cub and then head on over to the Flagship Lounge at D30 afterwards.
Yes, entering D15 AA club with your guests and then heading to the Flagship @D30 would be the less confusing for the club agents. Note that Admirals Club rules require scanning your boarding passes and also your guests having the same day AA boarding passes. By scanning your boarding pass the agents will see that you do have an access to the Flagship. The Flagship and Admirals Club at D30 share the same first floor entrance. The agent would scan your boarding pass and give you a black invitation card to the Flagship. You will be giving those cards to the agent on the second floor so they would open the door to the Flagship. Just visited MIA Flagship last week. Enjoy!
Old Oct 13, 21, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Some day the AA managemen,t after browsing this forum, may simply add a line feature on their check in screen to display which club your guest are in. If it meets the rules fine, if not they may ask you nicely to comply

I would still try anyhow
Old Oct 13, 21, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Provided your two "friends" behave, this should be doable. Just be careful that they don't leave the AC to go downstairs prematurely - the agents may ask for their membership card when they come back in.

Search this Thread