Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Broken IFE on TATL, no reply from AA customer service

Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster

JFK-LHR, the headphone jack in my seat was broken, so no sound for the IFE. They tried to move me to a second seat but that one was ALSO broken. Crew said they would find a solution then vanished and never reappeared. No on board offer of compensation. No sound, so essentially no IFE on a TATL in business. After no help from the crew, wrote to AA customer service TWICE, have not received a reply. EXP if it matters. What is going on with this airline?
becks1 likes this.

Top Answer

Oct 13, 2021, 7:53 am
bitterproffit

I dont think its entitlement to expect your seat to work as advertised and sold. Hopefully the OP gets a response, but I expect it will be some goodwill miles, especially a customer with loyalty status.

I dont think we should lower the bar to well, we didnt kill you or poison you, so we did a good job level.
ebuck, Abidjan, halls120 and 13 others like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:36 am

Was the flight delayed? Did you arrive in one piece? Were you able to sleep with lie flat? Were you fed with edible food? If yes to all that then AA did it job well. So much entitlement aka DYKWIA these days.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I dont think its entitlement to expect your seat to work as advertised and sold. Hopefully the OP gets a response, but I expect it will be some goodwill miles, especially a customer with loyalty status.

I dont think we should lower the bar to well, we didnt kill you or poison you, so we did a good job level.
ebuck, Abidjan, halls120 and 13 others like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Was the flight delayed? Did you arrive in one piece? Were you able to sleep with lie flat? Were you fed with edible food? If yes to all that then AA did it job well. So much entitlement aka DYKWIA these days.

I don't think it's too much to ask to get what you pay for. IFE is a part of this. Seems to me like a legitimate complaint, and AA should at least respond.

To answer the OP's question, AA is a mess these days.
halls120, AAway, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
You just want an answer, and do not get it when you attempt at it, there are other means of communication. U tried AA customer service, have you actually submitted a snail mail, the one that you place a stamp and drop off at your local mailbox? There is also social media, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, they seem to be more proactive than regular customer service. As to what is going with the airline, I'll say they are just trying to fly self loading cargo around, and customer service is not in full capacity as in previous years. Good luck.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:01 am

AA testing out removing IFE from widebodies and long haul international flights a tiny bit at a time? Just being sarcastic but wouldnt be surprised if they do it eventually. Flying the a321neos on 7 hours flights is giving them all kind of ideas.
CLT and smartytravel like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:03 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Seems like the fastest way to get an answer these days is to tweet AA
enviroian and MarkY123 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Is this a joke? You pay for business class on an intercontinental flight, you expect working IFE.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
give AA customer service at least a few weeks to get back to you...they will probably throw you a few miles and call it a day
bitterproffit likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
When was the flight in question?
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
When was the flight in question?
Sept. 29
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I would email their customer service and tell them the problem. Theyll most likely give you some miles for the inconvenience.
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 13, 2021 at 11:29 am Reason: Edited reference to deleted post
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
I would email their customer service and tell them the problem. Theyll most likely give you some miles for the inconvenience.
Right and the fact that the OP is EXP will probably get him a bit more generous compensation

Last edited by Microwave; Oct 13, 2021 at 11:30 am Reason: Edited quote of edited post
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I can't see chasing AA for broken IFE. At best you're going to have a few thousand miles thrown your way. If that's worth it to you send a follow up. But if you're expecting any greater compensation you're wasting your time.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
As others said, I would continue to chase them. From what I've read here BA offers something around 15k Avios for issues like this, often directly allocated by the Inflight Manager/ CSD via his Ipad.

You won't get cash but better than nothing.

I

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.