Wiki Posts
Search

Glassware returning 11/10

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:08 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Perhaps if more AA FAs had Skylady's attitude, we wouldn't even have threads about general service deficiencies (including Pre-COVID). We've had AA crew post on here over the years(who can forget BoeingBoy!). So I, for one, appreciate when we get some personal insights from crew. Thanks Skylady!
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:39 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by stupidhead
FAs are here for customers' safety for all of 10 minutes (on average), 8 of which is spent doing a safety demo that no one pays attention to. Even then, on international flights they just play a video. The rest of the time, they are there for customer service.
Also for this, apparently?
https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/b...ow-about.html/
Old Oct 12, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA Gold (*G), DL Silver, Makers Mark Ambassador
Don't forget the credit card applications
DLmedalliongold and Antarius like this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by PHL
Perhaps if more AA FAs had Skylady's attitude, we wouldn't even have threads about general service deficiencies (including Pre-COVID). We've had AA crew post on here over the years(who can forget BoeingBoy!). So I, for one, appreciate when we get some personal insights from crew. Thanks Skylady!
Legacy US had Don’t Call Me Shirley, a DCA based FA I believe. Everyone thought he was a she (Shirley) but it was an Airplane quote he used for his handle.

I also appreciate when an employee takes the time to post here. I hope Skylady continues to share her perspective.
MasterPlanner likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:18 am

So, any reports now that 11/10 has come and gone? I can't believe no one else is here asking or reporting!

There is one report for international elsewhere, which also looks like a "yes" to my earlier post:
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
The most important question: Does this mean made-to-order sundaes?
But surely someone can confirm whether glassware has returned to domestic F?

Last edited by FlyingEgghead; Nov 11, 2021 at 3:44 am
Old Nov 11, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
So, any reports now that 11/10 has come and gone? I can't believe no one else is here asking or reporting!

There is one report for international elsewhere, which also looks like a "yes" to my earlier post:

I can confirm yesterday on AA1980 PHX-IND we had the real glasses w/the etched AA logo on them served w/our lunch. And I can also confirm that the ovens do still work as was evidenced by one of the FAs using it to heat up his/her lunch after we'd had our cold sandwiches...
Old Nov 11, 2021, 4:03 am

Also I do see some positive reports over in the domestic meal thread.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:05 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Silver
As trailer park supervisor Jim Leahy says, "I like to be sober enough to know what I'm doing, but drunk enough to REALLY enjoy doing it". Alcoholic beverages on a flight is my version of sitting by the pool with a cold drink.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by txrus
I can confirm yesterday on AA1980 PHX-IND we had the real glasses w/the etched AA logo on them served w/our lunch. And I can also confirm that the ovens do still work as was evidenced by one of the FAs using it to heat up his/her lunch after we'd had our cold sandwiches...
That could also have been for the pilots, who got hot meals back a few weeks ago.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2021, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Flew MCO to PHL on Friday night and I was served my drink with glassware. A few passes of the snack basket as well. 2 miniatures with my tonic. All was well, Neil the young boy behind me started to be sick…a few times.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
It was nice to have glassware back on our CLT-CUN flight yesterday.

Now, if we can get hot food back. I am so done with the soggy sandwiches.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Yes on Nov 11 and Nov 12. Food still subpar, but that is another discussion.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
No glassware yet on Eagle over the weekend.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:18 am

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Proper glassware in Business on the JFK-LHR flight this Friday (and warm nuts in ceramic ramekins!). But no PDB-- sure hope that's not the 'tradeoff'...
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
NOV 13

BOG-DFW no glassware 772
DFW-YYC glassware 319

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.