Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will FCO-JFK nonstop return in Nov 2021?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Will FCO-JFK nonstop return in Nov 2021?

It appears there are no nonstop flights from FCO-JFK scheduled from November 2021 through May 2022. (There are nonstops FCO-JFK 3x/week in October).

Does anyone know whether the FCO-JFK will come back for November, and if so when it is likely to be bookable?

Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Overhead Passerby
It appears there are no nonstop flights from FCO-JFK scheduled from November 2021 through May 2022. (There are nonstops FCO-JFK 3x/week in October).

Does anyone know whether the FCO-JFK will come back for November, and if so when it is likely to be bookable?

Thanks!
No. Most of AA's seasonal Europe flights this year are ending at the end of October and not coming back till at least March, and the November TATL schedule is more or less finalized at this point.

As you're seeing JFK-FCO is currently scheduled to return in May 2022, with DFW, PHL, and ORD starting in March.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 1:19 pm

One can wonder whether flights will open to serve pent-up demand when the U.S. opens to people coming from the EU in November; is the thought that AA won't make such an opening?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No. Most of AA's seasonal Europe flights this year are ending at the end of October and not coming back till at least March, and the November TATL schedule is more or less finalized at this point.

As you're seeing JFK-FCO is currently scheduled to return in May 2022, with DFW, PHL, and ORD starting in March.
What about JFK-MXP? I don't see any flights after 11/2. Am I doomed to keep flying BA through LHR and never use my SWUs?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ckendall
What about JFK-MXP? I don't see any flights after 11/2. Am I doomed to keep flying BA through LHR and never use my SWUs?
It's suspended from 11/2 - 1/3 and currently is scheduled to resume on 1/4.
ckendall likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
It's suspended from 11/2 - 1/3 and currently is scheduled to resume on 1/4.
Thanks; maybe next year!
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by ckendall
Thanks; maybe next year!
Perhaps, but we also have to wait on the capacity that the new Alitalia will add between the States and Italy and how AA will respond
Old Oct 6, 2021, 8:26 am

One vaguely related question (and thanks to all who have helped me understand here): When I search for say IAD-LIN on AA (BA flights from IAD-LHR-Milan) I can find them and buy on AA. But BWI-LHR-LIN is only for sale on BA's site. What's up?
Old Oct 10, 2021, 7:55 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
you can use SWU on London-JFK portion if you fly AA on that segment. You can also transit Madrid which to me is less hassle than changing in London.
george 3 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.