FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   October 1-31 2021 widebody schedule out w/ more routes domestically (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2053515-october-1-31-2021-widebody-schedule-out-w-more-routes-domestically.html)

SKYEG Sep 24, 2021 3:58 pm

October 1-31 2021 widebody schedule out w/ more routes domestically

October 2021 widebody schedule is out already on Cargo and it seems they have more domestic widebody routes. Looks like AA is expanding their service! Happy to see this. This is consistent to what has been discussed, with these changes being profitable for AA.

Some highlights I should note that isn't mentioned on their summary:

-Latin America has more stable widebody options daily, including return of MIA-MDE on Oct 6th on 789.
-MIA-BOG returns 2x daily widebody instead of 1x on 772 Oct 7th. Same with the return of MIA-CLO on 788.
-It looks like CUN will be getting more widebody service with DFW-CUN 772 starting Oct 7th and ORD-CUN 788 starting Oct 31st.
-DFW-HNL 2x Daily with one 77W and one 772
-DFW-MIA has 2x daily 77W now, instead of 1x. This is in addition to their daily 772/788 on this route!
-DFW/MIA/LAX/JFK with the most routes domestically by far.
-PHX/PHL/CLT/ORD/BOS/LAS all has widebody, most to Hawaii and some offering within Continental USA. There has been extra routes added in Oct.

November 1-31 already has some more additions I can see just by searching the routes. Looking forward to seeing where else they will expand widebody service to, as it seems to be the trend.

Summary:

New routes
7x weekly CLT-FRA-CLT starts Oct 30 •
7x weekly JFK-BCN-JFK starts Oct 30 •
7x weekly ORD-CUN-ORD starts Oct 31 •
7x weekly DFW-PHX-DFW starts Oct 7 •
5x weekly LAX-ORD-LAX starts Oct 30 •
7x weekly LAX-PHL-LAX starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly MIA-LAS-MIA starts Oct 7 •
4x weekly MIA-PHX-MIA starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly PHX-HNL-PHX starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly PHX-OGG-PHX starts Oct 31

Cancellations
• 2x weekly DFW-LHR-DFW cargo-only flight ends Oct 5

Changes
4x weekly DFW-FRA-DFW cargo-only decreases to 3x weekly Oct 1 •
7x weekly DFW-CUN-DFW additional flight starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly JFK-EZE-JFK decreases to 3x weekly Oct 8 •
7x weekly CLT-MIA-CLT frequency decreases to 6x weekly Oct 1 •
7 x weekly DFW-LAX-DFW increases Oct 7 •
7x weekly JFK-MIA-JFK frequency increases Oct 7

Carolina2Cali Sep 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Still hoping for CLT-LAX or reverse like we had last year!

S80 Sep 24, 2021 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali (Post 33594388)
Still hoping for CLT-LAX or reverse like we had last year!

Loved the flight 707 nighttime redeye on the 772.

PHL Sep 25, 2021 8:07 am

The PHL-LAX switches from a 777-200 to a 787-9 in November until Mid December when they go back to all A321 service. Even when it is operated as a widebody, it's not classified as a transcon that is eligible for Flagship Lounge access. Does PHL really not have the yields to offer a consistent flagship product to LAX?

ISTFlyer Sep 25, 2021 8:26 am

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 33595288)
Does PHL really not have the yields to offer a consistent flagship product to LAX?

Because AA has the monopoly on that route. Other than Spirit and American, nobody is flying that route and the isn't any competition going on.
Passengers are happy to pay the displayed price for the current level of service.

PHL Sep 25, 2021 8:40 am

True..at one point DL, SW, AA/US, Spriit were all flying to LAX from PHL. Clearly AA has defended the fortress and let Spirit pick up the low fare seekers.

But MIA-LAX only has JetBlue competing on the nonstop market there. Granted, they offer a better product than Spirit. Right now AA flies pretty much all 777's on that route, but that won't be the case long term when the long haul yields return and they are back to narrow bodies and maybe the 1 or two wide bodies where they still offer the Flagship service.

ISTFlyer Sep 25, 2021 8:44 am

Also another point that B6 couldn't compete with AA at LAX-MIA and they are down from 4-6x daily to 1-2x daily at this time.

medellinfein Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Here is the link to AA Cargo pdf for the month, with more details and elaborations:
https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/Oc...e_09232021.pdf

Centurion Sep 25, 2021 6:17 pm

This has my mind spinning.It looks to me like this widebody 787 aircraft is actually moving between the Hawaii Islands. The service from PHX-HNL starts OCT 7 and ends Oct 30th and then moves Oct 31st to PHX-OGG. Why why are they doing this for such a short period?

Originally Posted by SKYEG (Post 33594204)
October 2021 widebody schedule is out already on Cargo and it seems they have more domestic widebody routes. Looks like AA is expanding their service! Happy to see this. This is consistent to what has been discussed, with these changes being profitable for AA.

Some highlights I should note that isn't mentioned on their summary:

-Latin America has more stable widebody options daily, including return of MIA-MDE on Oct 6th on 789.
-MIA-BOG returns 2x daily widebody instead of 1x on 772 Oct 7th. Same with the return of MIA-CLO on 788.
-It looks like CUN will be getting more widebody service with DFW-CUN 772 starting Oct 7th and ORD-CUN 788 starting Oct 31st.
-DFW-HNL 2x Daily with one 77W and one 772
-DFW-MIA has 2x daily 77W now, instead of 1x. This is in addition to their daily 772/788 on this route!
-DFW/MIA/LAX/JFK with the most routes domestically by far.
-PHX/PHL/CLT/ORD/BOS/LAS all has widebody, most to Hawaii and some offering within Continental USA. There has been extra routes added in Oct.

November 1-31 already has some more additions I can see just by searching the routes. Looking forward to seeing where else they will expand widebody service to, as it seems to be the trend.

Summary:

New routes
7x weekly CLT-FRA-CLT starts Oct 30 •
7x weekly JFK-BCN-JFK starts Oct 30 •
7x weekly ORD-CUN-ORD starts Oct 31 •
7x weekly DFW-PHX-DFW starts Oct 7 •
5x weekly LAX-ORD-LAX starts Oct 30 •
7x weekly LAX-PHL-LAX starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly MIA-LAS-MIA starts Oct 7 •
4x weekly MIA-PHX-MIA starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly PHX-HNL-PHX starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly PHX-OGG-PHX starts Oct 31

Cancellations
• 2x weekly DFW-LHR-DFW cargo-only flight ends Oct 5

Changes
4x weekly DFW-FRA-DFW cargo-only decreases to 3x weekly Oct 1 •
7x weekly DFW-CUN-DFW additional flight starts Oct 7 •
7x weekly JFK-EZE-JFK decreases to 3x weekly Oct 8 •
7x weekly CLT-MIA-CLT frequency decreases to 6x weekly Oct 1 •
7 x weekly DFW-LAX-DFW increases Oct 7 •
7x weekly JFK-MIA-JFK frequency increases Oct 7

beachfan Sep 25, 2021 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 33595288)
The PHL-LAX switches from a 777-200 to a 787-9 in November until Mid December when they go back to all A321 service. Even when it is operated as a widebody, it's not classified as a transcon that is eligible for Flagship Lounge access. Does PHL really not have the yields to offer a consistent flagship product to LAX?

you are aiming high!

im grateful not to have to automatically reject connections TATL because of crappy F seats for 4-5 hours (from LAX)

jayer Sep 25, 2021 6:26 pm

They need more lift on the most basic routes imaginable. DFW/LAX and DFW/PHX. Hub to hub and many days are tight as a tick,

nova08 Sep 27, 2021 9:24 am

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 33595363)
True..at one point DL, SW, AA/US, Spriit were all flying to LAX from PHL. Clearly AA has defended the fortress and let Spirit pick up the low fare seekers.

But MIA-LAX only has JetBlue competing on the nonstop market there. Granted, they offer a better product than Spirit. Right now AA flies pretty much all 777's on that route, but that won't be the case long term when the long haul yields return and they are back to narrow bodies and maybe the 1 or two wide bodies where they still offer the Flagship service.

Who knows what AA planned in terms of Flagship service before COVID when there were multiple widebodies on PHL-LAX/SFO and some confidence that the FL would actually open.

I actually see 2x 789 PHL-LAX flights on 11/15

PHL Sep 27, 2021 10:29 am

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 33599848)
Who knows what AA planned in terms of Flagship service before COVID when there were multiple widebodies on PHL-LAX/SFO and some confidence that the FL would actually open.

I actually see 2x 789 PHL-LAX flights on 11/15

Indeed there is a brief period in Nov that there is both a 10am and 605pm 789 on that route. But it's short lived and after 11/30 it all goes back to A321's. In fact, I'm on one of those last LAX-PHL red eyes on the schedule (the 605pm turns around as the 1030pm). Hope it doesn't downgrade because I used a BXP1 to grab J.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...308bdc8e4f.png

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...357db74c89.png

S80 Sep 27, 2021 10:36 am

Originally Posted by PHL (Post 33600019)
Indeed there is a brief period in Nov that there is both a 10am and 605pm 789 on that route. But it's short lived and after 11/30 it all goes back to A321's. In fact, I'm on one of those last LAX-PHL red eyes on the schedule (the 605pm turns around as the 1030pm). Hope it doesn't downgrade because I used a BXP1 to grab J.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...308bdc8e4f.png

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...357db74c89.png

FWIW I wait until the cargo schedule goes out before booking widebodies, and I've never had it change to a narrowbody.

SKYEG Sep 27, 2021 10:58 am

Originally Posted by S80 (Post 33600039)
FWIW I wait until the cargo schedule goes out before booking widebodies, and I've never had it change to a narrowbody.

I'm with S80 here. All my October bookings with new widebody routes showed up on the October Cargo schedule when it came out(and confirmed all the little one off days too). If it's on Cargo, chance on swap is low or none! Very pleased with AA, J is usually less than double the cost of Y for most my flights too.