Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR Admirals Club Covid closure - Reopened August 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Admirals Club Covid closure - Reopened August 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Titanium/LTP
Originally Posted by big69bob
LHR T5
Just saw an update that AA is now flying into T5 from several US gateways. I'll be going from Miami soon in BIZ and wanted to verify. Connecting on BA to GLA. If so what are the lounge options there for J passengers as we have 5 hour layover. Thanks
If you're connecting to BA and have oneworld sapphire you should have access to the T5 Galleries Club business lounges. Galleries First if you have emerald.

Last edited by rabbott; Mar 30, 2022 at 10:32 am Reason: added quote
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by big69bob
LHR T5
Just saw an update that AA is now flying into T5 from several US gateways. I'll be going from Miami soon in BIZ and wanted to verify. Connecting on BA to GLA. If so what are the lounge options there for J passengers as we have 5 hour layover. Thanks
LHR T5, if J with no OWE, then it's BA Galleries Club North and South. If J and OWS, then one guest permitted, otherwise no guests. Both exactly the same amenities/product, just different location. Additionally Galleries Club in T5B is available too.

If OWE (irrespective of class of travel), then BA Galleries First is permitted + 1 guest.

If AA CK (irrespective of class of travel), then BA Concorde Room + 1 guest.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is there any word as to when the LHR Admirals Club will reopen? Surely it must be soon with the increase in demand for transatlantic travel.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Is there any word as to when the LHR Admirals Club will reopen? Surely it must be soon with the increase in demand for transatlantic travel.
I haven't heard anything but I also haven't been asking (or caring) as there are a plethora of better options availabe at LHR
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Can Citi exec authorized users access the BA lounge when flying on a BA codeshare marketed and issued by AA? Routing is US-LHR-EU.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Can Citi exec authorized users access the BA lounge when flying on a BA codeshare marketed and issued by AA? Routing is US-LHR-EU.
The only time you can access the BA Galleries Lounges at LHR as an AC member is if you're departing on an AA metal flight. Furthermore Citi Exec authorized users do not get access to the certain partner lounges abroad, only full members.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The only time you can access the BA Galleries Lounges at LHR as an AC member is if you're departing on an AA metal flight. Furthermore Citi Exec authorized users do not get access to the certain partner lounges abroad, only full members.
Right, but I was under the impression that the BA galleries lounge at LHR was standing in for the Admirals Club while it's closed, with similar access rules.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
Right, but I was under the impression that the BA galleries lounge at LHR was standing in for the Admirals Club while it's closed, with similar access rules.
The access rules are different for the 3rd party and partner lounges that AC members can access. You must be a full AC member (not a Citi AU) and you must be departing on AA metal.

The rules are listed down by the Partner Lounges section of the AC page at aa.com:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-locations.jsp
madmanshoney likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I arrive into LHR at 2:25 PM on AA 78. I believe the AA club landside is closed by that time.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by enviroian
I arrive into LHR at 2:25 PM on AA 78. I believe the AA club landside is closed by that time.
Appears to close at 1 pm according to the website. AA78 also arrives at a different terminal (T5) than the AA Arrivals Lounge.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by enviroian
And the BA Arrivals lounge in T5 appears to close at 2:00.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:28 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
I thought Ex Plat regardless of status had access to the BA first class lounge, different then Concorde Lounge I thought.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rkaradi
I thought Ex Plat regardless of status had access to the BA first class lounge, different then Concorde Lounge I thought.
Indeed, those with EP status departing on a flight marketed by and operated by a OW airline have access to the BA 1st Lounge
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:17 am

Programs: OneWorld
Any updates here?
Flew out of LHR in April and it was still closed.

Flying out of LHR again last week in June still not seeing any updates. All other airlines appear to have reopened. There does not seem to be a reasonable excuse for this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by econ
Appears to close at 1 pm according to the website. AA78 also arrives at a different terminal (T5) than the AA Arrivals Lounge.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp
ugh. I thought only jfk flights were still using 5 and all others 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.