Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Multi-City Itinerary and Schedule Change - OTC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage

Hey All,

For this upcoming December I’ve booked myself on BNA-CLT-DFW-BNA to try to squeeze out as many possible extra EQMs for another round 500 mile upgrades.

This last schedule change dropped CLT and booked me straight to DFW on a schedule that works better for me wherein it’s tempting not to have them put me back on a CLT connection.

Would my best option be to just fly the trip as it stands now and request Original Trip Credits when I get back to Nashville or is AA stingy when it comes to OTC miles and I’d be better off changing the flight back for the extra 805 miles?

GPF
Old Sep 21, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I wouldn’t chance it and ask to be moved to a CLT connection

Years ago AA would sometimes prorate stickers at the end of the year but you would have to call and ask, not sure if that’s still done.
GreatPlainsFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by GreatPlainsFlyer
For this upcoming December I’ve booked myself on BNA-CLT-DFW-BNA to try to squeeze out as many possible extra EQMs for another round 500 mile upgrades.

This last schedule change dropped CLT and booked me straight to DFW on a schedule that works better for me wherein it’s tempting not to have them put me back on a CLT connection.

Would my best option be to just fly the trip as it stands now and request Original Trip Credits when I get back to Nashville or is AA stingy when it comes to OTC miles and I’d be better off changing the flight back for the extra 805 miles?
If you need the extra miles then call AA and ask to be put back on the CLT connection.

ORC is really for day of departure irrops type situations and not schedule changes in advance. If you "accept" the new routing and fly on the new flights as scheduled then ORC wouldn't really be due; You'd have a heck of a time convincing AA otherwise.
GreatPlainsFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
ORC is really for day of departure irrops type situations and not schedule changes in advance. If you "accept" the new routing and fly on the new flights as scheduled then ORC wouldn't really be due; You'd have a heck of a time convincing AA otherwise.
Thanks for clarifying what exactly that ORC is used for and that I should count on it not working.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by GreatPlainsFlyer
Keep in mind that your January flights will count too. The 12,500 mile counter resets at the end of the membership year, not the qualification year.

From https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...e-upgrades.jsp
AAdvantage Platinum and Gold members will earn four 500-mile upgrades for every 12,500 EQMs earned during each membership year.

Mileage counters used to determine the number of 500-mile upgrades earned are reset to 0 at the beginning of the membership year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.