Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How much power does this FA (nonrev) have?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How much power does this FA (nonrev) have?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Originally Posted by vasantn
In 1000+ flights over 18 years with AA, I've had exactly 5 female pilots (only 1 on mainline, she was also the only captain among the 5). There could have been more; I don't always see the pilots.
American is behind other airlines with regards to female pilots, but my fiancé estimates it to be about 4% out of roughly 16,000 (Pre-Covid) so approximately 640.
fdog likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by 757FO
American is behind other airlines with regards to female pilots, but my fiancé estimates it to be about 4% out of roughly 16,000 (Pre-Covid) so approximately 640.
And that matters because???
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
to be honest I think he was just making a data point.

Last edited by enviroian; Sep 6, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 757FO
Which is kind of funny because AA hired the first female captain/pilot (Beverly Bass I believe?)
Old Sep 6, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by enviroian
to be honest I think he was just making a data point.
Works for me.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
One would hope an executive would have better intelligence than this. Of course, this is AA we’re talking about so it’s completely conceivable that management would be even more boneheaded than some surly FAs.
One would think that an executive who treats paying customers that way would be immediately and unceremoniously fired. But...that makes too much sense and that went out the window in the airline industry.

Hell, in my line of work, even a junior would get fired if they treated a customer that way.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 10:22 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Because the odds of a female non-rev actually being a pilot are extremely slim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.