Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

EQM/EQD credit for a BA consolidator ticket

Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

I am considering purchase of a BA consolidator fare, which will not show the actual fare on the ticket. Does anyone know if I will earn EQD/EQM on the flight?

PS. Unless you are sure (preferably from personal experience), please do not answer as I would hate to fly half way across the world and find I got no mileage credit!
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Are these codeshare flights with AA flight numbers, BA flight numbers or the numbers of another airline?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

No codeshare,..BA operated with BA flight numbers. On a normal ticket (i.e. one showing the fare) they would qualify for full EQM / EQD depending upon the reservation class
Old Aug 13, 2021, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by puchong
I am considering purchase of a BA consolidator fare, which will not show the actual fare on the ticket. Does anyone know if I will earn EQD/EQM on the flight?

PS. Unless you are sure (preferably from personal experience), please do not answer as I would hate to fly half way across the world and find I got no mileage credit!
Having a bulk fare makes no difference earnings wise in my experience.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
It will depend upon who is issuing your ticket, how your ticket is purchased, and the fare class you are booked in. Some consolidator purchased tickets may be fine, others not so much.
From advantage terms and conditions:
Certain airline tickets are not eligible for earning mileage credit. These include, without limitation, the following: all tickets issued as AAdvantage® awards or other free ticket promotions including free or reduced rate tickets; companion tickets; charter flight tickets; travel agency/industry reduced rate tickets; infant tickets; items occupying a purchased seat; unpublished fare tickets, including consolidator fares, tickets issued as a result of a fare published inadvertently or by mistake and tickets issued subject to special provisions.
Also see:
Consolidator fares question - can I earn AA EQM, EQD etc.?
Old Aug 13, 2021, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
For partner carrier tickets all that matters is the booking code. You should earn via the BA table at aa.com for whatever fare code the ticket ultimately books into.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.