Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
It has been confirmed by AA that they will be moving all flights back to LHR T3 as of 12 July 2022:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/destinationInformation/lhr-airport.jsp

We 're moving all operations to Terminal 3 on July 12, 2022.

Until then, if you're flying to New York (JFK), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) you’ll check-in and depart from Terminal 5.

Remember to check your flight status before you go to the airport and arrive at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Print Wikipost

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
to be fair this was the same prior to covid too, and has been the rule ever since t5 opened - so no access to t5 airside departures without a bp for a flight departing t5.
Probably poorly quoted by me.. yes access restrictions have been the same since pre-covid. I was speaking to the point of calling this time post vs. during as not to confuse the current status of affairs in the general context. Nothing to do with any terminal access etc. This bad boy is not in the rear view mirror at this time (i.e.post).
KARFA likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
Thank you for the prompt responses. I appreciate them.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Hopefully, this is the correct thread for this sort of question....

Starting tomorrow evening I have a ZRH-LHR-SEA starting with BA on the first leg, and overnight and then off on AA to SEA on Monday morning. I'm going to try to get my bags through-checked from ZRH-SEA. But if I can't and have to collect at LHR, can I check in for my AA flight at T3 the night before, like I would have been able to at T5 if the AA flight was still departing from there?

And finally a comment about YMMV: I don't know if they still do it with the automobile ads in the US, but they used to put up milage per gallon numbers in them, with a statement like 'actual milage my vary' or 'your milage may vary'.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EP
I don’t believe AA will be open for checkin the night before as their flights are in the morning and early afternoon.

Originally Posted by greg5
Hopefully, this is the correct thread for this sort of question....

Starting tomorrow evening I have a ZRH-LHR-SEA starting with BA on the first leg, and overnight and then off on AA to SEA on Monday morning. I'm going to try to get my bags through-checked from ZRH-SEA. But if I can't and have to collect at LHR, can I check in for my AA flight at T3 the night before, like I would have been able to at T5 if the AA flight was still departing from there?

And finally a comment about YMMV: I don't know if they still do it with the automobile ads in the US, but they used to put up milage per gallon numbers in them, with a statement like 'actual milage my vary' or 'your milage may vary'.
Antarius and greg5 like this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
I don’t believe AA will be open for checkin the night before as their flights are in the morning and early afternoon.
Yes. It closes at noon .

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...hr-airport.jsp
greg5 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
As a Noo Yawker I am liking this T5 setup. In all likelihood my travel in the coming months will be O&D to London so better lounges and availability of same day accommodation on BA JFK flights if needed. And if i wind up with an ongoing connection it will likely be on BA and from T5, so no FCC shuffle.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Check-in agent checked the bags through without us asking for it. Hopefully, we see them at SEA-TAC tomorrow.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
Check-in agent checked the bags through without us asking for it. Hopefully, we see them at SEA-TAC tomorrow.
I wouldn’t bet on it…
greg5 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Can eligible AA metal passengers (PPro, ExecPlat, CK, OW Emerald, and F cabin) use the BA First Wing to clear security and go directly to the Galleries First lounge, after obtaining boarding passes from the appropriate AA ticket counter?
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Can eligible AA metal passengers (PPro, ExecPlat, CK, OW Emerald, and F cabin) use the BA First Wing to clear security and go directly to the Galleries First lounge, after obtaining boarding passes from the appropriate AA ticket counter?
Never mind. Read the question incorrectly.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36
yes. any OWE or F passenger can use first wing security.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by DrinkSlinger
I wouldn’t bet on it…
I have learned to pack enough for a couple of days..
DrinkSlinger likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2021, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Location: United States (mostly), New Zealand (sometimes), Sweden (now and then)
I have learned to pack enough for a couple of days..
Technically I’m still waiting for a bag that got lost at Heathrow two years ago. There’s no way I could pack enough to cover that delay.
greg5 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 12:04 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by radiotvlaw
Noting that AA Arrivals at T3 is closed (likely for forseeable future). If I arrive on AA metal at T3 and desire to go over to T5 after clearing border, can I access the BA Arrivals lounge as OW Emerald with an AA BP?
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
It's not open yet either..
Is the BA arrivals lounge at T5 still closed? Says open on the OneWorld website (which is where BA directs you to check). If it is open, I wonder if passengers landing at T3 would be permitted inside after clearing immigration and taking the HEX over to T5. A bit of an effort, I know, but could be worthwhile if you have spare time before a meeting.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 1:48 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Is the BA arrivals lounge at T5 still closed? Says open on the OneWorld website (which is where BA directs you to check). If it is open, I wonder if passengers landing at T3 would be permitted inside after clearing immigration and taking the HEX over to T5. A bit of an effort, I know, but could be worthwhile if you have spare time before a meeting.
The T5 arrivals lounge reopened a few days ago. As for access for T3 arrivals passengers, it is not completely clear. This is the oneworld wording:-
  • British Airways customers arriving at LHR in First or Club World cabins. British Airways Executive Club Gold card holders arriving on a long-haul British Airways flight. American Airlines customers arriving at LHR in First or Business Class cabins. American Airlines Concierge Key card holders arriving on a long-haul American Airlines flight.
Note the "arriving at LHR". No mention of terminal.

When the AA arrivals lounge at T3 was being refurbished, T3 arrivals were indeed welcome in the T5 lounge.

I'd say it's worth a try. If you do, please report back.
ExpatExp and Antarius like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.