Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
It has been confirmed by AA that they will be moving all flights back to LHR T3 as of 12 July 2022:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/destinationInformation/lhr-airport.jsp

We 're moving all operations to Terminal 3 on July 12, 2022.

Until then, if you're flying to New York (JFK), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) you’ll check-in and depart from Terminal 5.

Remember to check your flight status before you go to the airport and arrive at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Print Wikipost

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:26 am

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes you will still be in T5 on Thursday, and you can use the Concorde Room.
Thanks, great to know info!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:26 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Honestly, I find this incredible. I would very much like to inquire about the source of all this, There is not a word on the Iberia Forum about Iberia being turfed out of T5. Indeed I would have expected some comment on the BA Forum as it would free up several gates and indeed could see some services move back to T3. If this turns out to be hearsay and gossip I would be vexed indeed, particularly if I had connections coming into LHR. Connections between T3 and T5 ( and vice versa) are no complicated but they are tedious and protracted. I await an official notice from AA or a trustworthy source, As of this morning AA.com is saying

We have moved operations to Terminal 3. If you’re flying to New York (JFK), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) you’ll check-in and depart from Terminal 5.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Honestly, I find this incredible. I would very much like to inquire about the source of all this, There is not a word on the Iberia Forum about Iberia being turfed out of T5. Indeed I would have expected some comment on the BA Forum as it would free up several gates and indeed could see some services move back to T3. If this turns out to be hearsay and gossip I would be vexed indeed, particularly if I had connections coming into LHR. Connections between T3 and T5 ( and vice versa) are no complicated but they are tedious and protracted. I await an official notice from AA or a trustworthy source, As of this morning AA.com is saying
Originally Posted by Garimi
source is from AA LHR baggage team,
Source= somebody's mate

And yes Pucci I also checked the BA and IB fora and nothing listed on those boards and I would have expected something if anyone even though terminal changes were in the offing (let alone with only a few weeks notice)
PUCCI GALORE and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Source= somebody's mate

And yes Pucci I also checked the BA and IB fora and nothing listed on those boards and I would have expected something if anyone even though terminal changes were in the offing (let alone with only a few weeks notice)
considering how much effort AA put into notifying pax including all the signage that appeared at LHR before the move to T5 and none of that has happened otherwise people would have been posting about it all.

i mean i'm getting notifications about my DECEMBER flight today regarding BAs move to T8 form T7 at JFK. but as spotted above, this is just going to make others on these boards nervous if flying in this time frame.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Honestly, I find this incredible. I would very much like to inquire about the source of all this,
I totally agree. I've seen chatter about it on the AA Facebook groups. I thought I saw someone posted a story by a blogger about it, and it has taken off from there. But like you and others said, there's been no official word yet.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:13 am

Source is reliable, AA baggage handlers at LHR now working in split terminals but they still have ofgice only at T3 every day they must ride to T5 from.where which is time consuming for them.
They ware informed what new rosters will delayed for.July becouse of move daye not confirmed by HAL. It should be before holidays in UK so no later whan mid July if not I cannot belive move will be during school summer in UK but who knows....

AA wanted to stay at T5 because of extra revenue when flight is canceled at T5 where pax will go to airline at the same terminal. At T3 whey have choice Virgin, Delta and cluse United at T2. BA should understand it what ecen somene will.fly AA they still get money for this ticket due agreement., but its look like they prefer be "Master and Commander" at T5 with onyone else.
today I herd what BA will leave around 20 flights at T3 due not enought gates/stands at T5. Now I think.they have 30 flights at T3.
moving airlines beetween T3/T5 it is still complex also issue is what AA dont have ramp agents (Menzies doing for them cargo etc) and Iberia will have now company to do ramp operation.which is based at LGW so new company must arrive at LHR move all equipment etc...big headake in such short time.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Source is reliable, AA baggage handlers at LHR now working in split terminals but they still have ofgice only at T3 every day they must ride to T5 from.where which is time consuming for them.
They ware informed what new rosters will delayed for.July becouse of move daye not confirmed by HAL. It should be before holidays in UK so no later whan mid July if not I cannot belive move will be during school summer in UK but who knows....

AA wanted to stay at T5 because of extra revenue when flight is canceled at T5 where pax will go to airline at the same terminal. At T3 whey have choice Virgin, Delta and cluse United at T2. BA should understand it what ecen somene will.fly AA they still get money for this ticket due agreement., but its look like they prefer be "Master and Commander" at T5 with onyone else.
today I herd what BA will leave around 20 flights at T3 due not enought gates/stands at T5. Now I think.they have 30 flights at T3.
moving airlines beetween T3/T5 it is still complex also issue is what AA dont have ramp agents (Menzies doing for them cargo etc) and Iberia will have now company to do ramp operation.which is based at LGW so new company must arrive at LHR move all equipment etc...big headake in such short time.
ok, so that’s perfectly clear then.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

AA wanted to stay at T5 because of extra revenue when flight is canceled at T5 where pax will go to airline at the same terminal.
???!?
JJeffrey and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I don’t wish to dismiss the intel Garimi has shared but when it comes to Heathrow operational changes, I tend to trust London Air Travel above all others. Nothing has been reported there yet relating to future AA terminal changes. London Air Travel publishes a weekly briefing each Monday with intermittent updates throughout the week containing hot of the press info

https://londonairtravel.com
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
???!?
I think OP's point was that, if the passenger is in T5 they're kind of a captive audience when it comes to re-booking options. But in T3 they could easily go to UA or whoever instead.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Curious about this too. I am flying LHR-MAD on IB 7/9 - as said here still indicated departing T5
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
I think OP's point was that, if the passenger is in T5 they're kind of a captive audience when it comes to re-booking options. But in T3 they could easily go to UA or whoever instead.
I understand the point the OP (or the OP's baggage handling friend) was trying to make but to suggest that one of the reasons AA wants to stay in T5 is for less costly rebooking options is just silly. AA will almost always rebook you (or at least try) on AA or BA regardless of terminal.
orbitmic, wrp96 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I've got a LHR-JFK leg in paid J in Aug that i was mulling upgrading to F, 25k miles + $550. A couple of hours romping in the CCR was part of the calculus. A is available but i am holding fire for now.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Prospero
I don’t wish to dismiss the intel Garimi has shared but when it comes to Heathrow operational changes, I tend to trust London Air Travel above all others. Nothing has been reported there yet relating to future AA terminal changes. London Air Travel publishes a weekly briefing each Monday with intermittent updates throughout the week containing hot of the press info

https://londonairtravel.com
Indeed. One appears to be caught between ramp gossip and an official announcement. That American should return all services to T3 is much more credible than Iberia’s departure. I think that before concerning ourselves further we should wait for some more reliable source reveals itself. We will then know whether this source has been reliable or otherwise. If I had a £ for every bit of gossip relating to any subject regarding provision of wash cloths to who’s going or coming at British Airways, I would never need to concern myself about how much First Class fares or anything else cost.

Maybe if the baggage handlers actually attended to baggage handling rather than being harbingers of Heathrow happenings, people might be reunited with their luggage in a more timely manner than of late.
aidy likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The Heathrow online timetable isn't showing any change from 1 July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.