Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
It has been confirmed by AA that they will be moving all flights back to LHR T3 as of 12 July 2022:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/destinationInformation/lhr-airport.jsp

We 're moving all operations to Terminal 3 on July 12, 2022.

Until then, if you're flying to New York (JFK), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) you’ll check-in and depart from Terminal 5.

Remember to check your flight status before you go to the airport and arrive at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Print Wikipost

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Globalist
CX and Qantas lounges in T3 are more than capable replacements.
Abidjan likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by jef787
CX and Qantas lounges in T3 are more than capable replacements.
happy to be able To be able to use those again, but hate losing the more convenient connections landing and transiting within T5
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I really thought some of the T5 moves (at least JFK) were there to stay so surprised it is reversed at such short notice!
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I really thought some of the T5 moves (at least JFK) were there to stay so surprised it is reversed at such short notice!
That was my thought. This is extremely short notice.
jona970318 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 3:05 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I'll be the one to ask the dumb question - where have you seen that Garimi?
orbitmic, ExpatExp, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Garimi
AA moving back all flights to T3 from 1 July 2022, as well they will be handling also Iberia at T3 from 1 July 2022.....no more CC room for first class.....
id thought CC room only BA First. At least Cathay First open, kind of fun to lounge hop. My guess is less if not any BA intra Europe in T3?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC
AA moving back all flights to T3 from 1 July 2022, as well they will be handling also Iberia at T3 from 1 July 2022.....no more CC room for first class.....
Had this actually been announced? Can’t see it in the press anywhere. Definitely short notice. Previously looked like everything except JFK flights was moving to T3 from November.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:06 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
id thought CC room only BA First. At least Cathay First open, kind of fun to lounge hop. My guess is less if not any BA intra Europe in T3?
AA first could also use Concorde room, lots on here about it
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I'll be the one to ask the dumb question - where have you seen that Garimi?
From Insider information working for AA baggage at LHR.
AA nor happy they wanted to stay at LHR T5, they will use remote stands at T5, but all checkin at T3...
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:12 am

AA nor happy they wanted to stay at LHR T5, they will use remote stands at T5, but all checkin at T3...
I am sorry but this makes no sense. Why are they being moved out of T5 especially since they already confirmed a number of thier routes would stay in T5 for at least S22? With QR gone to T4 there is less pressure on the T5B gates now which both QR and AA used. Using remote T5 stands sounds very odd for T3 flights.

I think someone has added 2+2 to make 22. Personally I would wait for AA to say something,
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:17 am

I think BA finally didnt approve they part move to T5, it was temporary all the time.
I just pass message witch have AA baggage team at LHR, the finish split operation and all come back to T3...and also they start handling 8 Iberia flights...also they will provide checkin agent's...
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:25 am

I am willing to bet this is just garbled information. It frankly does not make sense that AA planned to operate some routes from T5 for S22 and with two weeks notice are moving everything to T3, neither does it make sense that BA do not want them in T5.

IB are switching from using BA to someone else for baggage handling, although I can't immediately recall who they are using, it may be AA. It was announced that IB were stopping using BA maybe 1/2 months ago.

EDIT: for reference the news about IB stopping using BA https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/0...otel-to-close/
JJeffrey and orbitmic like this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 21, 2022 at 4:37 am
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I too think it makes no sense that AA would make such an impactful decision that would affect tens of thousands of passengers and also MCT on connecting itineraries of which there are many (and many would become invalid with such a move), with less than 10 days to go to July, and would not immediately communicate about it as loud and clear as possible and in particular write with urgency to affected passengers. Terminal moves are typically decided and anounced months in advance for a reason.
wrp96, KARFA, jona970318 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
My July flights are still showing T5 in the app….
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
I heard the same rumor as well of 1st week in July all AA flights at T3. I was told when checking in at T3 for a flight to Philly. The lady at check-in did come over very convincing and we both agreed very short notice.
Shame as CX First Class lounge was very quite. However T3 does not need more flights as the non fast track security queue was very long - my flight was delayed 50 mins waiting for passengers or having bags taken off for those that missed the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.