Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
It has been confirmed by AA that they will be moving all flights back to LHR T3 as of 12 July 2022:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInformation/destinationInformation/lhr-airport.jsp

We 're moving all operations to Terminal 3 on July 12, 2022.

Until then, if you're flying to New York (JFK), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA) you’ll check-in and depart from Terminal 5.

Remember to check your flight status before you go to the airport and arrive at least 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
Print Wikipost

AA Splits Ops at LHR / London Heathrow T3 and T5; ending 12 Jul 2022 (confirmed)

Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by KARFA
It will possibly be towed to a remote T5 stand, but not a T3 gate.
Ok, so regardless of where the plane gets towed overnight, it sounds like AA142 from JFK will most likely arrive at T5 (possibly a remote stand, but we'd come into T5 arrivals). We'll be be staying the night before our connecting flight the next day, so I'm trying to decide whether to book the Sofitel at T5 or Hilton Garden Inn at T2/T3 (and traveling with small children, I'm trying to make our arrival as simple as possible). It sounds like the Sofitel will be the way to go. Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Really? Love? What on earth does that mean? I find Lounges that most sterile places outside an operating theatre
Renovation. Even if they didn't change the design - which I agree is incredibly sterile - I found the place extremely worn with damage in early 2020.

I know they've replaced some of the furniture during Covid to try and tide it over until they can afford a more extensive renovation.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I have a flight booked to Dallas in May.

AMEX booked it with Iberia, but operated by AA. AA81 outbound, AA20 inbound.

Itinerary showing LHR T5 both outbound and inbound.

Question - is T5 expetced to stay for this route? or possibly is this a conseqence of the AA move to T5 for certain route through COVID?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes the DFW route will use T5 for at least this summer season.
BillyBleach likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BillyBleach
I have a flight booked to Dallas in May.

AMEX booked it with Iberia, but operated by AA. AA81 outbound, AA20 inbound.

Itinerary showing LHR T5 both outbound and inbound.

Question - is T5 expetced to stay for this route? or possibly is this a conseqence of the AA move to T5 for certain route through COVID?
JFK has remained at T5, and it was announced about a month ago that DFW, LAX, and MIA flights were all moving to T5 as well sometime this spring. I would fully expect that to last through at least the summer season.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Evidently the official dates for the DFW, MIA, LAX transition to T5 is March 27 running through October 30.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by KARFA
so aa in F doesn’t get access to the ccr? This seems contrary to what has been happening for the last few months since the ccr reopened.

EDIT: and the oneworld site which for the ccr says aa and ba
f gets access.
Originally Posted by Markie
That's what happened to me today certainly.
The BA web site certainly suggests it's only F on BA.

oneWorld web site says:
AA F (NOT EXP, Not via T3 to other destinations), but AA F LHR-JFK most certainly do get access to the CCR at LHR. No guests though, AFAIK. I can't comment on access at the JFK CCR room if not in F on BA - not sure why you would not be in T8 anyway. Perhaps that was the actual question here? Ih that case, the Oneworld site seems to indicate the CCR T7 JFK is indeed only for BA F passengers (and of course, BA CCR cardholders.)

British Airways Concorde Room (Open)

(JFK) John F. Kennedy International Airport Terminal 7

Access

• First Class

Airlines

• British Airways

Amenities

• Business Facilities
  • Entertainment Facilities
  • complimentary food and beverage
  • pre-flight dinner options
  • quiet/relaxation area
  • shower
  • wheelchair access
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by Madison Guy; Mar 10, 2022 at 5:22 pm
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Evidently the official dates for the DFW, MIA, LAX transition to T5 is March 27 running through October 30.

A reminder that the 77W / 773 flights with Flagship First Class service from / to DFW, JFK and MIA are using LHR T-5, the BA main terminal effective Sunday, March 27.
Antarius likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by JDiver
A reminder that the 77W / 773 flights with Flagship First Class service from / to DFW, JFK and MIA are using LHR T-5, the BA main terminal effective Sunday, March 27.
And LAX?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
We are on the AA51 DFW flight with an 08.40 departure this Saturday from T5.

Looks like AA use Zone C. Any experiences of the check in lines for AA and what time they open? Premium Economy has a dedicated line as I understand.

Seems either 06.00 on the website and 06.30 up thread for opening up check in.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by clarkeysntfc
We are on the AA51 DFW flight with an 08.40 departure this Saturday from T5.

Looks like AA use Zone C. Any experiences of the check in lines for AA and what time they open? Premium Economy has a dedicated line as I understand.

Seems either 06.00 on the website and 06.30 up thread for opening up check in.

you may be able to use the BA first check in on the otherwise of the terminal. Shorter line and security lanes open into the lounge. Should work if you are EXP even in PE. Hopefully, someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Amon_Ra_
you may be able to use the BA first check in on the otherwise of the terminal. Shorter line and security lanes open into the lounge. Should work if you are EXP even in PE. Hopefully, someone can correct me if I’m wrong.
If you are flying on AA you are not going to be able to check in with BA, unless this is some very new T5 benefit that I'm unaware of.

As to T5 check in desk opening times, I would go by the website, 6am sounds correct now that the first DFW flight is departing earlier. 6:30am would've made sense back when it was only JFK and the ~9:30am departure was the first one out.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
If you are flying on AA you are not going to be able to check in with BA, unless this is some very new T5 benefit that I'm unaware of.

As to T5 check in desk opening times, I would go by the website, 6am sounds correct now that the first DFW flight is departing earlier. 6:30am would've made sense back when it was only JFK and the ~9:30am departure was the first one out.

Hi,

I believe there are AA desks in the BA First Wing.

Regards

TBS
asnovici likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
That would make sense (although you would still be checking in with AA, just in a different location in T5).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Amon_Ra_
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Regards

TBS
There is no indication the OP is an AA EXP according to their profile. They are an BAEC Bronze, so regular AA check in.
clarkeysntfc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.