Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Needs to really step it up at the Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Needs to really step it up at the Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
Welcome to domestic US lounges! I would say your experience is actually above average in cleanliness. Congrats! Try any other lounge to experience others!
If you're a UVU Wolverine then maybe you've experienced the new SLC Sky Club? B/C AC at PHL is anything but above average. SLC is something to behold! Photos courtesy of The Points Guy:

Love the outdoor space on the Sky Deck!
Intl359Widget likes this.

Last edited by DLmedalliongold; Aug 5, 2021 at 9:19 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 5, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The AAdmirals Club Eagle in PHL has been in residency for months. Not to state the obvious, but means it’s finding food and water. Knowing what the food spread looked like last time I passed through, shouldn’t someone call the humane society?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Are they fattening it up before serving it as the "chicken" for the build your own penne alfredo?
They'll be doing that soon. However, I've heard from "reliable sources" that airlines' first planned catering improvement is to confiscate all fake emotional support dogs, cook them in siracha sauce using Chino Latino's recipe for Siracha springer spaniel, and serve them as an appetizer in VIP lounges.

For those of you who don't live in Minneapolis, Chino Latino was a popular Asian / Fusion restaurant. One of their advertising slogans was "If our food was any more authentic, your dog would be on our menu".
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
Why not just visit the Centurion Lounge?
The pathetic hours at PHL. They are closing at 5 pm these days!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:37 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by donotblink
Why not just visit the Centurion Lounge?
1. It closes at 5:00 PM, which is before I fly through.
2. It is the complete opposite direction of my flight.
carmelsown likes this.

Last edited by saltytheseagull; Aug 6, 2021 at 9:38 am Reason: 5:00 PM instead of 5:30 PM close
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:49 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Guess it's back to DL for the OP.

Do you want a slightly better F&B inflight experience or a slightly better F&B lounge experience? Pick your poison.

The carpet and slight fraying of the seats, I could care less about - its a domestic airport lounge with heavy traffic, it ain't the Ritz!
SPN Lifer and keyw like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I am fine with the AC's at this point.
What I want out of AA is 1) reliability, and 2) onboard food/bev (including alcohol). That needs to be their top two priorities, in that order.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:33 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Regarding the OP --

Maybe I don't have a good eye, but the hardware of DFW C has never struck me as worn enough to merit a negative comparison to, even if not renovated in a while (DFW C has been very cruddy with F/B options, even pre-pandemic. DFW D and A will have three soups, guac and chips, the full outlay of munchies, and DFW-C would have like 1 cut up cheese and a few bananas out).

That PHL lounge needs help though for sure -- photos capture it well.

I have a decently high tolerance for some wear and tear. The occasional crowding, and F/B offerings (both what's free and on the menu) is what I wish they would step up.

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Some of the clubs the crowds are out of control. I'm assuming these are cc holders. I'm convinced now that Doug Parker has managed to get a butt in every seat onto 99% of flights he called the team together and screamed "the ACs are next."

The poor staff can't keep up.
Aren't like all AAdmiral's clubs mostly CC holders, since it is the cheapest way to get membership? I know that some international travellers have access, but (right now especially) I never imagined it to be that many people.
lowfareair and no1cub17 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I am fine with the AC's at this point.
What I want out of AA is 1) reliability, and 2) onboard food/bev (including alcohol). That needs to be their top two priorities, in that order.
Good jokes! I am pleasantly surprised when my flights arrive on time these days. The bar is set low.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
If you're a UVU Wolverine then maybe you've experienced the new SLC Sky Club? B/C AC at PHL is anything but above average. SLC is something to behold! Photos courtesy of The Points Guy:

Love the outdoor space on the Sky Deck!

Ive actually never flown through SLC. I’d agree that Delta’s SC are a higher caliber than what UA or AA offer, but overall, I think the brunt of US domestic lounges are in line with what the OP saw.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
The AC at SFO looks pretty spiffy too. Any new club is going to look and feel new...
SPN Lifer and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
The AC at SFO looks pretty spiffy too. Any new club is going to look and feel new...
DFW A and D look great. C, not so much.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 1:26 pm

I'm in MIA D15 now and it looks good.

I had a funny encounter on the way in. A couple of guys were trying to get in a gave the CSR a card.
CSR: This expired in 2014
Guy: What about all of these other cards
CSR: No, none are valid here. Would you like to renew your membership?
Guy: Yes, great.
CSR: That will be $625
Guy: No, I won't be doing that.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I had several experiences in that lounge.... that was enough.... is pretty crap... probably alone with many
other clubs
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Some of the clubs the crowds are out of control. I'm assuming these are cc holders. I'm convinced now that Doug Parker has managed to get a butt in every seat onto 99% of flights he called the team together and screamed "the ACs are next."

The poor staff can't keep up.
As in Citi Exec cardholders? If so, I wouldn't expect a larger amount of those cardholders now compared to any other time in the last 10 year or so. Remember Citi Exec cardholders are full-fledged Admirals Club members.
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.