Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals' Club Member - Alaska Lounge Access

Old Aug 2, 21, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver

I know as an Admirals' Club member, I'm supposed to have access to Alaska Airlines lounges. I'll need this access in ANC next week. Do they need anything beyond my boarding pass for access?
Old Aug 2, 21, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
Last month I took/used my Admiral's club card to enter ANC Alaska lounge. Lounge was packed.
My card is technically expired (AA extended it to fall but my card still had march 2021 as expiration). I had a printout of the email from AA when the expiration date was extended (recommended by AA club staff in ORD since they were out of extension stickers) but Alaska lounge agents never asked to see that. I just told them the expiration had been extended due to covid and they were good with that.

As far as I could tell, they weren't tied into the AA computers to see club info.
Old Aug 2, 21, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by GNRMatt View Post
I know as an Admirals' Club member, I'm supposed to have access to Alaska Airlines lounges. I'll need this access in ANC next week. Do they need anything beyond my boarding pass for access?
It's helpful if you have an AC card with your current expiration date listed. Otherwise they have to call AA to confirm you can access. With the 6 month AC extension, my card shows an old expiration date, so they have to call anyway.
Old Aug 2, 21, 11:41 am

Programs: Some more than others
They should be able to scan your AA or AS boarding pass and so long as your AA number is attached then they can select Admirals Club member and it'll validate. Some AS agents have really wanted to see the AC membership card so if you can, have that handy.
Old Aug 2, 21, 1:55 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Also to note, only the primary cardholder of the Citi Card that offers AC club membership is allowed to enter AS lounges. Authorized users cannot on their own.
Old Aug 2, 21, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The agent at the Alaska lounge at SEA I visit always asks me for 1. My BP and 2. My AC card (which in my case is the Citi exec card).
asnovici and dayone like this.
Old Aug 3, 21, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
The agent at the Alaska lounge at SEA I visit always asks me for 1. My BP and 2. My AC card (which in my case is the Citi exec card).
Are these on AA operated flights? The Admiral's Club website says "One Day Pass holders and Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Card authorized users do not have access to partner lounges." Partner lounges include the AS lounge in SEA according to the website. Just wondering if perhaps the info there is out of date.
Old Aug 3, 21, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92 View Post
Are these on AA operated flights? The Admiral's Club website says "One Day Pass holders and Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Card authorized users do not have access to partner lounges." Partner lounges include the AS lounge in SEA according to the website. Just wondering if perhaps the info there is out of date.
This has been the case for ages. One actually has to be a member, paid directly, or by being the primary Citi Exec card holder. Authorized users only have access to ACs.
Old Aug 3, 21, 6:39 am

The Admiral's Club website says "One Day Pass holders and Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Card authorized users do not have access to partner lounges."
Perhaps enviroian is the primary cardholder, not an authorized user.
Old Aug 3, 21, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by _kurt View Post
Perhaps enviroian is the primary cardholder, not an authorized user.
I'm the primary hold carder and I'm traveling on AA operated flights.
Old Aug 3, 21, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by enviroian View Post
I'm the primary hold carder and I'm traveling on AA operated flights.
My mistake, I misread your post and thought you were an AU. Follow up question- can the primary bring guests as well? I love the SEA lounge but only really travel there with my wife. Debating just getting the Citi card instead of renewing my AC membership the old fashioned way.
Old Aug 3, 21, 9:20 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
My mistake, I misread your post and thought you were an AU. Follow up question- can the primary bring guests as well? I love the SEA lounge but only really travel there with my wife. Debating just getting the Citi card instead of renewing my AC membership the old fashioned way.
Yes, AC members can bring in 2 guests. And if you are the primary Citi Exec card holder, you ARE a member, just as if you had purchased the membership directly from AA.
Old Aug 3, 21, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer View Post
Yes, AC members can bring in 2 guests. And if you are the primary Citi Exec card holder, you ARE a member, just as if you had purchased the membership directly from AA.
Thanks for the info. I'd been thinking about switching to the Citi Exec card for a long time, but kept using the $200 Amex Plat credit toward my AC membership, so buying in cash was better value. In my head I always assumed the CC was inferior to membership the old fashioned way, but it appears not to be the case. If I fly only OneWorld, it really is probably better to just forego the Amex Platinum, put my spend on the Citi card, and try to get the EQM to make it to EXP.
Old Aug 31, 21, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used my Citi Executive Card at SEA last weekend. I presented my boarding pass and the card but the agent said "I need your Admirals Club number, it's not on the card". I gave her my AA FF# and that was enough to get me in.

I'm actually only an AU on a Citi Executive card so I was curious if I would have any issues and thankfully I did not.
Old Aug 31, 21, 1:07 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I used my Citi Executive Card at SEA last weekend. I presented my boarding pass and the card but the agent said "I need your Admirals Club number, it's not on the card". I gave her my AA FF# and that was enough to get me in.

I'm actually only an AU on a Citi Executive card so I was curious if I would have any issues and thankfully I did not.
You lucked out, AU should be denied entry.
AAway likes this.

Search this Thread