Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals' Club Member - Alaska Lounge Access

Admirals' Club Member - Alaska Lounge Access

Old Aug 31, 21, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan View Post
You lucked out, AU should be denied entry.
Agreed, that is my understanding as well.

Regards
Old Sep 2, 21, 5:12 pm

Also to note, only the primary cardholder of the Citi Card that offers AC club membership is allowed to enter AS lounges. Authorized users cannot on their own.
As the primary card holder, immediately family can still enter AC lounges right?
Tack likes this.
Old Sep 2, 21, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, HH Gold (Thank You AMEX), Tennessee Squire
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
It's helpful if you have an AC card with your current expiration date listed. Otherwise they have to call AA to confirm you can access. With the 6 month AC extension, my card shows an old expiration date, so they have to call anyway.
I’ve only used the AL twice without being in FC. All pre OneWorld. Both times they wanted my AC card, (Citi Card) AND wanted to see my EP card. Both times I had the actual EP card and they noted my AAdvantage number. Other than that, no problem and they couldn’t have been nicer.
Old Sep 12, 21, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I used my Citi Executive Card at SEA last weekend. I presented my boarding pass and the card but the agent said "I need your Admirals Club number, it's not on the card". I gave her my AA FF# and that was enough to get me in.

I'm actually only an AU on a Citi Executive card so I was curious if I would have any issues and thankfully I did not.
You lucked out, AU should be denied entry.
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
Agreed, that is my understanding as well.

Regards
Looks like you two were right. I tried again tonight, same club (Alaska N Lounge at SEA) with the same combination of my AS BP and Citi Executive Card. This lounge agent said I wasn't the primary cardholder and the card had to say "ADMIRALS CLUB" on the back. Ah well.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 5, 21, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EP
As a EXPlat on American, traveling in J to Quito through MIA, will I have access to the Alaska LAX lounge?
Old Oct 7, 21, 3:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
As a EXPlat on American, traveling in J to Quito through MIA, will I have access to the Alaska LAX lounge?
Yes, you can access any Alaska Lounge with an AC Membership, either departing or arriving, as long as you are flying an AS or AA flight that day.

In LAX, I often clear Security at T6, TSA Pre never takes more than a couple of minutes. I visit the AL & then use the airside tunnels to T5 or T4.

James
Old Oct 7, 21, 6:16 am

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
Yes, you can access any Alaska Lounge with an AC Membership, either departing or arriving, as long as you are flying an AS or AA flight that day.

In LAX, I often clear Security at T6, TSA Pre never takes more than a couple of minutes. I visit the AL & then use the airside tunnels to T5 or T4.

James
Im wonder if the poster is asking if he as access to a 1W lounge because he's flying an international itinerary in J class (including the domestic component of the itinerary).
Old Oct 7, 21, 12:17 pm

I don't have a AC membership, just EXP traveling in J on AA metal. I know the 1W lounges are all closed and was thinking of trying to get into the Alaska lounge which I believe is better than the regular admirals club.
Old Oct 7, 21, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Im wonder if the poster is asking if he as access to a 1W lounge because he's flying an international itinerary in J class (including the domestic component of the itinerary).
Originally Posted by tfizzle View Post
I don't have a AC membership, just EXP traveling in J on AA metal. I know the 1W lounges are all closed and was thinking of trying to get into the Alaska lounge which I believe is better than the regular admirals club.
This is the Admirals Club Member forum accessing Alaska Lounges so I was replying in that regard.

As a OWE flying AA internationally, you will have access. From the AS website.

Select oneworld® Emerald and Sapphire members get lounge access

Emerald and Sapphire members earned through Alaska or American Airlines are eligible for complimentary lounge access when they travel on an itinerary to Mexico City, Central America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia or Australia.

James
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 7, 21, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
I often clear Security at T6, TSA Pre never takes more than a couple of minutes. I visit the AL & then use the airside tunnels to T5 or T4.
Do you really find the Alasks lounge to be better than either AC at LAX? It seems like the two LAX options are better than most I've been to. Bright. Clean. Decent amount of space, etc.
Old Oct 7, 21, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by Eyenigma View Post
Do you really find the Alasks lounge to be better than either AC at LAX? It seems like the two LAX options are better than most I've been to. Bright. Clean. Decent amount of space, etc.
I don't know. i liked the FL lounge at LAX but often did the OW lounge of Qantas F if available. But I will try both AS lounge and AC lounge tomorrow and give a report.
Old Oct 8, 21, 9:21 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
It's been renovated a couple of years ago; it looks better than I remember from my last visit there.

New and improved: First look at Alaska’s renovated lounge at LAX
Unlike its predecessor, the new lounge is extremely bright and airy. There are large floor-to-ceiling windows along the length of it that allow for plenty of light and an expansive view of the tarmac.

Although no square footage was added to the lounge, there is more seating than before, so hopefully space constraints won’t be as much of an issue for Priority Pass members moving forward. The main seating area consisted primarily of high-top seating and semiprivate cube pillow seats. Those who’ve visited the lounge before will also notice that the small business center and family room were removed to make room for more seats.
Old Oct 8, 21, 12:29 pm

Programs: Some more than others
I think it depends on what you're looking for in a lounge. If you are looking for a club that has a lot of space and/or are an avocado aficionado, then both AC's tend to be a good choice (moreso T5 when they reopen the FL).

If you are looking for better complimentary beer/wine choices or are a fan of AS's soups/pancakes and don't mind some walking, then the AL is a good choice.
AAway and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 11:18 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I am the primary on the Citi MC Exec card, so I know I can access Alaska lounges when flying AS, but am I allowed to bring my wife, who will be traveling with me, into the lounge as well? I know I can bring her into ACs but want to confirm it is the same for Alaska lounges.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 22, 12:19 pm

Programs: Some more than others
Originally Posted by mangoMan View Post
I am the primary on the Citi MC Exec card, so I know I can access Alaska lounges when flying AS, but am I allowed to bring my wife, who will be traveling with me, into the lounge as well? I know I can bring her into ACs but want to confirm it is the same for Alaska lounges.
Yes, you can bring either 2 guests or spouse/children under 18.
mangoMan and njvandy like this.

Search this Thread