Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Offer on App (and on website)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Does anyone have insight as to this issue/scenario? I booked 6 transatlantic flights in economy class, most of them separately but linked because we had to use flight credits which cannot be combined with other tickets on the record locator. I can see paid upgrade offers on the app for all the record locators except one. These were all booked under O class. No basic economy. Why wouldn't the paid upgrades show for one record locator? I'm wondering if this is an indication of some other issue that we are not aware of.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:07 am

Programs: Free agent AAdvantage LT GLD
Originally Posted by beachfan
Could the reason I never get paid upgrade offers in app or email I’d that I’m automatically added to the complimentary upgrade list?

seems unlikely but I have no other answer as to why I never got them.
I'm just GLD so I'm on the comp upgrade list but I receive offers in the app often. I periodically get email offers but they've been there when I follow the link.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by TravelLawyer
Does anyone have insight as to this issue/scenario? I booked 6 transatlantic flights in economy class, most of them separately but linked because we had to use flight credits which cannot be combined with other tickets on the record locator. I can see paid upgrade offers on the app for all the record locators except one. These were all booked under O class. No basic economy. Why wouldn't the paid upgrades show for one record locator? I'm wondering if this is an indication of some other issue that we are not aware of.
I've found that restarting the app or refreshing the record by pulling down (at least on an iPhone) can result in the upgrade offer appearing.

But even if it shows up for all 6, I doubt you would be able to buy it for all 6 at the indicated price.
Old May 30, 2023, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If it’s a regional jet operated by republic, should I still get an upgrade offer?

I have never gotten one. This is for July 10, from JFK-BOS.

has anyone who hasn’t been getting them get it fixed by AA?
Old May 30, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by beachfan
If it’s a regional jet operated by republic, should I still get an upgrade offer?

I have never gotten one. This is for July 10, from JFK-BOS.

has anyone who hasn’t been getting them get it fixed by AA?
Yes you should. In my experience, the instant upgrades have been $205 (occasionally $76) even when the actual up-fares have been $39-$49.
Old May 30, 2023, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Are these offers not available to non-status fliers? I routinely fly with my no-status minor child on separate PNR's with copious amounts of notes so everyone knows they're not truly an UM - we frequently have sticker upgrades clear this way. But when I get offers on the app, they do not.
Old May 31, 2023, 1:19 pm

I have a flight booked for DCA to MSY. I was offered $409 each way to upgrade. For such a short flight I won't entertain paying that price.
Old May 31, 2023, 6:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Same. $409 each way for BOS-STL
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC
Got JFK-RDU Tuesday before Thanksgiving just dropped from $380 to $155. Would actually consider this, but I've also got $560 RDU-DFW on the same ticket on Saturday after the holiday which is not tempting. So I'll just sit tight and see if that comes down.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:45 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
SYD-LAX $580 for J. If that ticks any lower I will take that.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by D3Kingg
I wouldn’t wait on that if I were you. That’s a great deal for that length of flight.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by D3Kingg
oh??
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have had consistent offers for $205 per sector on LAS - PHX - FAT - PHX - LAS in June (so a total of $820 per person to upgrade in the app). Original coach fare was $305 per person. First is currently $912 per person.

Today I had a new offer "From $65 per person" which was actually $205 for LAS - PHX, $65 for PHX - FAT, $136 for FAT - PHX and $205 for PHX - LAS.

I took the PHX - FAT - PHX upgrades without hesitation.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I have had consistent offers for $205 per sector on LAS - PHX - FAT - PHX - LAS in June (so a total of $820 per person to upgrade in the app). Original coach fare was $305 per person. First is currently $912 per person.

Today I had a new offer "From $65 per person" which was actually $205 for LAS - PHX, $65 for PHX - FAT, $136 for FAT - PHX and $205 for PHX - LAS.

I took the PHX - FAT - PHX upgrades without hesitation.
I'm seeing new pricing, as well. Anywhere from $60 to $170 on my upcoming short and mid-haul flights, all of which used to be fixed at $205.
River in Sight and Geordie405 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 5:59 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
I wouldn’t wait on that if I were you. That’s a great deal for that length of flight.
Done. It wasn’t easy though. The app was glitchy. After a few tries on the app I logged on using the internet browser and was able put it through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.