Upgrade Offer on App (and on website)

Old Dec 16, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Within T-100 window, complimentary upgrade not cleared, but seeing an offer of $291 to business on transcon. 14 open seats showing on seatmap. Difference in fare between main cabin and business is $800.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold etc etc
Originally Posted by william142
Anyone else notice a glitch is this system. Two observations.
1. Upgrade offer showing for both ways in the app. Get upgradeupgraded outbound. Now no upgrade offer in app for return. Offer never returns.
2. If you accept either of the offers then the other offer goes away and never reappears?

These seem like glitches thoughts?
I'm seeing the same thing. Bought the upgrade for my second segment outbound and now I'm not getting offers for any of the other segments.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 12:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The offers also disappear when the first complimentry upgrade is confirmed.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Does AA offer paid upgrades on award tickets?
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:36 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by diburning
no
Old Dec 22, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
I got offers in the past, but only when checking in online at T-24
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:29 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Are there certain booking types that will never give an upgrade option in the app or online? I booked CLT-EWR as part of a DUB-NYC holiday via BA Holidays. DUB-CLT is in business but the connection booked into Y.

For now, F is wide open with zero seats sold but I have no option to upgrade anywhere. Flying in August. Is there a chance an upgrade option will appear or no?

Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
A friend just got offered PHL-DUB in Feb for $158 to PE or $315 to J. Needless to say she took the J option. The domestic legs to PHX were more than double that... Unfortunately, the offer obv goes away so she doesn't have the chance to score a cheap upgrade on the way home. Hope they get that fixed.
FlyFreakquently likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Lounge at LHR, I was able to upgrade to J from economy for $900 Tuesday LHR-CLT.

Got 6 hours of sleep .

I needed it to survive CLT-ORD-RST today
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by javabytes
No, they are not offered for award travel.

Is this still valid to believe that app upgrades are not offered for bookings made with award travel?
Old Jan 26, 2023, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Is this still valid to believe that app upgrades are not offered for bookings made with award travel?
Yes. Only got an offer at check in T-24
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:40 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Have a crazy mixed carrier ex-EU business class ticket and the app is currently showing me these offers for the AA legs that are able to be upgraded. The LAX-MIA leg is nuts; it's an 11:50pm red-eye. Maybe the system is confused because I do eventually connect to a JFK-LHR flight but that is on BA and not able to upgraded.

Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:58 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
My sister and 3 year old niece are in J for JFK-LAX. They are not receiving an upgrade offer at all via the App. Is it because there is a child on the res?
Friend who is also on the flight sees an upgrade offer to F via the app.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 7:50 am

Has anybody gotten an offer within 24h of departure or are these exclusively further in advance?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 1:26 pm

What fare class do you expect to earn miles for after an in-app upgrade? I'm specifically asking about Y->PY on a TATL AA flight.

I ask because I upgraded DUB-PHL to PY in-app for sub $150 and figured I would earn either Y from the original fare or low PY points. On BA low PY fares earn 100% Avios and mid economy fares earn 50%. Edit: I checked my original booking and it was on AA M which would have earned 50% on BA.

What I actually earned was the Avios for W fares, 150% and 90 tier points. (plus tier bonus avios) That seems... quite lucky. If that's repeatable then three round trip flights (with a connection) with in-app upgrades each time would be enough to earn BA Silver (Sapphire).

Edit: I found this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34175122-post130.html which also seems corroborate my result. He got full F BA tier points for an in-app upgraded transcon on three class F.

Last edited by zkzkz; Feb 21, 2023 at 2:34 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.